More about "feta cheese ingredient recipes"
SPINACH & FETA FILO PIE | CHEESE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER ...
This cheesy, flaky pie makes a cracking weekend lunch. Serve with a selection of salads and flatbreads, or simply by itself with a dollop of thick, seasoned yoghurt. You could also swap out the spinach for any other seasonal leafy greens.
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Toast the pine nuts in a large ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden and smelling fantastic, tossing occasionally.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl, crumble in the feta, then grate in the Cheddar. Season with a pinch of black pepper and a couple of pinches of dried oregano.
- Finely grate in the lemon zest, drizzle in a little oil, then toss in the toasted pine nuts. Mix well.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan over a medium heat with a drizzle of oil, add half the spinach, stirring until wilted, then when there’s space, add the remaining spinach, stirring regularly until wilted.
- Lay a 50cm strip of greaseproof paper out on a clean work surface, rub lightly with oil and scrunch up, then flatten out again.
- Arrange 4 sheets of filo in a large rectangle on the greaseproof paper, overlapping at the edges, so that it’s almost covering the greaseproof.
- Rub the filo with a little oil, sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Repeat until you have 3 layers.
- Stir the wilted spinach into the egg mixture, then grate in half the nutmeg and mix well.
- Slide the greaseproof and filo into the empty frying pan, so that the edges spill over, then push down into the sides of the pan.
- Pour in the spinach mixture and spread out evenly, then fold the filo up over the filling to cover.
- Place the pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes, just to get the bottom cooking, then transfer to the top shelf of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Delicious served with a fresh seasonal salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 830 calories, FatContent 57 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 19.9 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 36.6 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 42.8 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 5.4 g sugar, SodiumContent 4.7 g salt, FiberContent 3.5 g fibre
FETA CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FETA CHEESE FOLDOVERS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST CREAM CHEESE AND CRACKER APPETIZER RECIPES | Y…
23 BEST EVER VEGAN CHEESE RECIPES - VEGAN FOOD & LIVING
WATERMELON SALAD WITH FETA AND MINT RECIPE
SHRIMP AND FETA CHEESE PASTA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES