CREOLE JAMBALAYA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Jambalaya is a traditional Louisiana dish, coming from our Spanish and French culture. Rice is the main ingredient, with different meats or seafood mixed in. I particularly like this variation with shrimp and ham. —Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 55 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the next 9 ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 25 minutes. , Add shrimp and parsley; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 7-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, FatContent 6g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 132mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 974mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 25g protein.
SHRIMP CREOLE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Enjoy this hearty shrimp that's served with rice – a wonderful dinner ready in an hour.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Peel shrimp. Make a shallow cut lengthwise down back of each shrimp; wash out vein. Cover and refrigerate.
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic in butter about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except rice and shrimp. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and firm. Remove bay leaves. Serve shrimp mixture over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 , CarbohydrateContent 57 g, CholesterolContent 160 mg, FatContent 1 , FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 22 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1860 mg, SugarContent 6 g, TransFatContent 0 g
More about "creole rice recipe recipes"
CREOLE JAMBALAYA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Cuisine https://schema.org/LowLactoseDiet, https://schema.org/GlutenFreeDiet
Calories 711 calories per serving
- Jambalaya is a French word that means ‘jumbled’ or ‘mixed up’, and I have no doubt that the philosophy and heart of this recipe come from a similar place to paella, kedgeree and risotto.
- Originally, any Louisiana ‘critter’ unlucky enough to get caught would have gone into this: rabbit, duck, squirrel, frog, alligator. . . you name it! And similarly, you can adapt it to whatever your local butcher or fishmonger happens to have. Go cheaper by using things like frozen prawns and chicken livers, or more expensive by including lobster or crab. I used an incredible local smoked sausage called andouille, but fresh chorizo or any other smoked sausage would work just as well.
- This dish makes me happy every time I eat it. And if more people than expected turn up for dinner just add a bit of extra rice.
- Season the chicken with sea salt, black pepper and a pinch of cayenne. Pour a couple of lugs of oil into a large casserole type pan and brown the chicken pieces and sliced sausage over a medium heat. After 5 minutes, once nicely browned on all sides, add your onion, peppers and celery as well as your bay, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir, then fry on a medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes stirring every now and again. It’s important to control the heat of the pan: you don’t want it to be so slow nothing’s happening, or so fast that things are catching and burning. You want a steady, solid heat.
- Once the veg have softened, add your garlic and chillies, stir around for a minute, then stir in the tinned tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Bring everything to the boil, then turn the heat down, pop the lid on the pan and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. When you can pull the meat off the bone and shred it easily the chicken’s ready. Feel free to remove the chicken bones at this point if you like, then add your rice. Give it all a good stir, then put the lid on. Give it a stir every few minutes, scraping the goodness off the bottom of the pan as you go. Let it cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until the rice is perfectly cooked. Stir in the prawns and if it needs it, add enough water to make it a kind of porridgey consistency (look at the picture). Pop the lid back on and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes while you chop your parsley. Stir the parsley through and serve on a lovely big platter. I absolutely love this with a lemony green salad.
SHRIMP CREOLE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Total Time 45 minutes
- Melt butter in a small Dutch oven over medium heat; add bell pepper and next 7 ingredients, and sauté 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Increase heat to medium. Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve immediately over rice in shallow bowls.
CREOLE CORNBREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 60 minutes
Category Side Dishes
Cuisine North America, Cajun
Calories 272 calories per serving
- In a large bowl, combine rice, cornmeal, onion, peppers, salt and baking soda. , In another bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil. Add corn; mix well. Stir into rice mixture until blended. Fold in cheese. Sprinkle a well-greased 10-in. ovenproof skillet with cornmeal. Pour batter into skillet. , Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bread tests done. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
SHRIMP CREOLE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 50 minutes
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, uncovered. Sprinkle with scallions and parsley, and serve over steamed rice.
COPYCAT POPEYES RED BEANS AND RICE RECIPE | TOP SECRET R…
Total Time 50 minutes0S
Calories 371 calories per serving
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CREOLE - SKINNYTASTE
Total Time 255 minutes
Calories 383 kcal per serving
- Shred the chicken and add it back to the slow cooker. Evenly distribute the creole among 6 bowls and top each with green onions. Serve alone or over brown rice.
CREOLE RED BEANS AND RICE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CREOLE BLACK-EYED PEAS AND RICE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
MY CREOLE & CAJUN RECIPE PAGE - NOLA CUISINE
JAMBALAYA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE THIS CLASSIC CREOLE RICE ...
EASY SHRIMP CREOLE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
22 CREOLE DINNERS | MYRECIPES
22 CREOLE DINNERS | MYRECIPES
CREOLE FILé GUMBO RECIPE | LOUISIANA TRAVEL
CLASSIC SHRIMP CREOLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
JAMBALAYA RECIPE - CLASSIC CREOLE DISH FULL OF FLAVOR AND ...
EASY SHRIMP CREOLE RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
50 EASY WHITE RICE RECIPES | MYRECIPES
RECIPES | CAROLINA® RICE
THE BEST RICE RECIPES FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY | MAHATMA® RICE