EASY PORK ROAST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
A simple, savory recipe for pork shoulder roast that you can put in the oven and forget about until it's time to eat. Can be served over rice.
Provided by MsBee
Categories Pork Roast
Total Time 5 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours 10 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the roast on all sides, about 10 minutes. Place roast into a large roasting pan. Pour beans, beer, and tomatoes over roast. Arrange onions, shallots, garlic, bay leaves and sprigs of rosemary around the roast, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and bake for 4 hours. Raise the temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C), and roast 1 hour more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 38.5 g, CholesterolContent 89.5 mg, FatContent 22 g, FiberContent 6.5 g, ProteinContent 30.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.9 g, SodiumContent 528.3 mg, SugarContent 7.1 g
ROAST PORK WITH CIDER GRAVY RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Hand and spring of pork is a cheaper cut that becomes irresistibly tender and juicy with slow-cooking - cook for a crowd and serve with a rich gravy
Provided by Caroline Hire – Food writer
Total Time 5 hours 40 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oven to 220C/ 200C fan/ gas 7. Score the skin of the pork and rub with olive oil and sea salt. Put the pork, leeks, carrots, turnip and herbs in large high-sided roasting pan and pour in the cider and stock. Roast for 30 minutes, then take the roasting tray out of the oven and cover tightly with foil. Return to the oven and turn the heat to 150C/ 130C fan/ gas 2.
- After 4 hours, remove the foil, turn the oven back up again to 220C/ 200C fan/ gas 7 and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Take the pork out of the oven, remove the meat, cover and set aside to rest. Drain the cooking liquid, pouring off any excess fat. Either serve or discard the cooking vegetables.
- To make the gravy, melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the flour, cook for 2 minutes then whisk in the cooking liquid. Simmer for a few minutes. Serve alongside the meat. Delicious with braised red cabbage and roast potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 677 calories, FatContent 39.3 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 13.9 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 9.2 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 7 grams sugar, FiberContent 3.2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 62.3 grams protein, SodiumContent 1 milligram of sodium
More about "pork roast and gravy recipe recipes"
ROAST PORK BELLY RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Total Time 3 hours 10 minutes
Calories 647 calories per serving
- Preheat the oven to its highest temperature.
- Using a Stanley knife, score the skin down to the meat (try not to cut the meat), making the cuts very close together.
- Bash the fennel seeds and a good pinch of sea salt in a pestle and mortar to a powder.
- Tip the oil over the top of the scored skin, then sprinkle over the fennel mixture, and rub all over so that everything gets into the scores and down into the meat.
- Roughly chop the carrots and celery, then throw these into a roasting tray. Break the garlic bulb up into unpeeled cloves, peel and chop the onions into large wedges, then toss into the tray with the thyme sprigs.
- Put the seasoned pork belly on top of the vegetables in the tray, then roast for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the skin starts to bubble and turn golden brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 170°C/325°F/gas 3, and roast for 1 hour 30 minutes. When the time's up, carefully open the oven door and pour in three-quarters of the wine. Cook for 1 further hour.
- Remove the meat carefully from the oven and test to see if it pulls apart easily. If not, cook for a little longer. Allow the meat to rest while you make the gravy.
- Put the tray of roasted vegetables directly onto your hob over a medium heat add, add the flour, then stir together until thick. Cook for 1 minute then add in the remaining wine – if you sauce is too thick add a splash more wine or water.
- Using a potato masher, mash up the vegetables until you have a delicious thick-looking sauce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on a low heat, season to taste, then strain through a sieve into a jug.
- Remove the crackling from the top of the belly and break up into pieces, pull the pork belly apart, and serve with the jug of gravy on the side, and a selection of seasonal vegetables.
SLOW COOKER PORK ROAST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 8 hours 15 minutes
Category Pork Roast
Calories 405.9 calories per serving
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk flour into melted butter to form a paste. Pour reserved juices from the slow cooker into the butter mixture, whisking constantly, until gravy lightens in color and thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve gravy alongside roast.
CHINESE ROAST PORK RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Category Chinese Recipes
Calories 351.4 calories per serving
- Remove roast from oven and let stand 15 minutes. Combine pan drippings with remaining marinade. In a small bowl combine cornstarch with cold water, mix together and add mixture to marinade. Boil marinade mixture for 4 to 5 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Serve with roast.
PORK ROAST WITH THYME RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 3 hours 20 minutes
Category Pork Roast
Calories 197.8 calories per serving
- Bake in the preheated oven 3 hours, or until an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) is reached. Using a baster or spoon, baste the drippings over the roast frequently while it is cooking. Let the roast rest for 10 minutes when done before slicing.
TANGY SLOW COOKER PORK ROAST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CROCK POT PORK ROAST AND GRAVY - THE COZY COOK