ULTIMATE IRISH APPLE CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Make and share this Ultimate Irish Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 1 hours
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Generously grease an 8-inch square cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, apples, nuts, and vanilla and stir well.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake about 45 minutes, until the cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let the cake set in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, FatContent 7.3, SaturatedFatContent 3.3, CholesterolContent 30.8, SodiumContent 246.3, CarbohydrateContent 40.3, FiberContent 2.4, SugarContent 27.7, ProteinContent 2.6
MOM'S IRISH SODA BREAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Authentic Irish soda bread does not contain raisins, but I like mine with raisins so I include them. This is a very easy and delicious recipe.
Provided by Katie O'
Categories Irish Soda Bread
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the buttermilk into a small bowl; place remainder of 1 cup buttermilk into a separate bowl.
- Stir golden raisins into the larger amount of buttermilk and allow raisins to soak while you complete the remaining steps.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the melted butter into the small bowl with the tablespoon of buttermilk; stir to combine and set aside. Set remaining melted butter aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in reserved butter, and stir until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix the egg into the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Mix the soaked raisins with buttermilk into dough and shape dough into a ball.
- Place the ball of dough into prepared pie dish and lightly pat dough down so top is slightly domed.
- Use a sharp knife to cut two crisscrossing lines through the center of the loaf about 1/4 inch deep.
- Thoroughly brush buttermilk and butter mixture over the loaf, getting the mixture into the crevices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 51.6 g, CholesterolContent 36.7 mg, FatContent 8.8 g, FiberContent 1.9 g, ProteinContent 6.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.2 g, SodiumContent 370.5 mg, SugarContent 16 g
OLD IRISH SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
These creative recipes transform strawberry cake mix into brownies, cupcakes, cookies, and more, each with a stunning pink hue that's signature to strawberry cake. Plus, using cake mix means it couldn't be easier to get these desserts on the table. ... No Irish in my family tree, but this is a recipe …
IRISH CREAM CHEESECAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
I made this recipe following the suggestion to use 1/2 cup Irish cream instead of 1/3 cup. No other changes made. I used Carolans Irish Cream because it was $7 cheaper than the …
IRISH COFFEE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Traditional Irish Coffee utilizes only the Irish whiskey and a little brown sugar to sweeten, but using Irish Cream liqueur is a nice touch! It's like a midway between an Irish Coffee and a B52, which uses 1/3 shot each of Khalua, Grand Marnier, and Irish …
AUTHENTIC IRISH APPLE CAKE - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
Mar 13, 2021 · Authentic Irish Apple Cake Jump to Recipe Print Recipe This is an authentic old fashioned Irish apple cake, the kind that would be made throughout the apple harvest season all over Ireland, where every farmhouse has its own prized version of the recipe.
39 TO-DIE-FOR DESSERT RECIPES WITH CAKE MIX | MRFOOD.COM
Apr 20, 2018 · Rich box chocolate cake mix recipes and sinfully delicious devil's food cake mix recipes are the best desserts to serve to company, especially when it's unexpected! They taste as …
IRISH SHEPHERD'S PIE - ALLRECIPES
I was able to get the meat portion of the recipe done, and start the potatoes just when folks arrived. In addition to the Irish cheddar, butter, and cream cheese, I also added a clove of minced garlic simmered in 1/2 cup of light cream to the potatoes. This recipe …