APPLE OF MY EYE | MARTHA STEWART
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons water, and lemon juice in a medium skillet over high heat. Continue heating mixture, without stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Slowly tilt the skillet back and forth until sugar is caramelized and is the color of dark amber, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and carefully add apple cubes, arranging them in a single layer. Place the skillet over medium heat and allow the apples to simmer in the caramel until they slowly begin to darken and absorb the caramel, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle apples with vanilla and salt. Let stand, without stirring or moving apples, until all the caramel has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine apple juice, vinegar, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Bring mixture just to a boil and immediately reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking until liquid has reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- To serve, divide apples evenly between 4 plates. Place a small scoop of ice cream next to the apples. Sprinkle apples and ice cream with cheddar cheese crumbles. Drizzle apple-balsamic reduction onto the plates or directly over the ice cream. Serve immediately. Reprinted with permission from Elizabeth Falkner's "Demolition Desserts: Recipes from Citizen Cake" by Elizabeth Falkner. Copyright 2007. Published by Ten Speed Press.
APPLE-OF-YOUR-EYE CHEESECAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
My most-often-requested dessert, this exquisite cheesecake with apples, caramel and pecans wins me more compliments than anything else I make. My husband's co-workers say it's too pretty to cut...but agree it's well worth it to do so. -Debbie Wilson, Sellersburg, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 25 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, combine the crackers, sugar, pecans and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack., In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust. Toss apples with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon; spoon over filling. Return pan to baking sheet., Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons caramel topping. Cool for 1 hour. Chill overnight., Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream. Drizzle with remaining caramel; sprinkle with pecans. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 282 calories, FatContent 14g fat (7g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 84mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 189mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 37g carbohydrate (31g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 4g protein.
APPLE OF MY EYE - HEALTHY AND FRESH RECIPES FROM MY ...
APPLE OF MY EYE - GREAT TASTE RECIPES
APPLE OF MY EYE RECIPE - TARLA DALAL
APPLE OF MY EYE CRISP | EMERILS.COM
APPLE PIE OF MY EYE - PAULA DEEN
APPLE OF MY EYE COCKTAIL RECIPE - ULTIMA REPLENISHER
APPLE OF MY EYE COCKTAIL - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
GT'S SYNERGY APPLE OF MY EYE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
APPLE OF MY EYE RECIPE - DRINKSMIXER.COM
APPLE OF MY EYE OVERNIGHT OATS - THE BREAKFAST DRAMA QUEEN
HEALTHY CROCKPOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - APPLE OF MY EYE
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE MOONSHINE - RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
PUMPKIN SPICE APPLE BUTTER - APPLE OF MY EYE
PERFECT APPLE TARTE TATIN – SMITTEN KITCHEN
RUM APPLE DUMPLINGS - THE NOVICE CHEF
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE EYE CREAM RECIPES - ORGANIC AROMAS
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN GOOGLY EYES - FORK AND BEANS
25 BEST APPLE OF MY EYE BOOK REVIEW IN GOOGLE BOOK ...