RAINBOW CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
A birthday cake fit for a true rainbow lover! Rainbow buttercream frosting roses adorn this colorful layer cake.
Provided by Land O'Lakes
Categories Layer Birthday Buttercream Frosting Baking Making It Photo-Ready Frosting Cake Dessert Cake Dessert Cake Dessert
Total Time 4 hours 4 minutes
Prep Time 4 hours 0 minutes
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 (8-inch) round cake pans or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar and 1 cup butter in another bowl at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 1 tablespoon vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating at low speed after each addition, just until mixed.
- Divide batter evenly among 6 bowls with about 3/4 cup each. Tint cake batters red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. Spread red and orange batter into prepared pans. Bake 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 3 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely. Meanwhile, wash pans; grease and flour pans. Repeat with remaining colors until all cake layers are baked.
- Beat 2 cups butter in medium bowl at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt alternatley with whipping cream and 1 tablespoon vanilla, beating at low speed until well incorporated. Beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Remove 2 cups frosting; set aside. Divide remaining frosting evenly among 6 bowls with about 1/3 cup each. Tint frostings red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. Set aside.
- Place purple cake layer onto serving plate, bottom-side up. Frost top with 1/4 cup white frosting. Place blue cake layer over frosting; frost with 1/4 cup white frosting. Continuing adding green, yellow, orange and red layers in that order, frosting with 1/4 cup white frosting between each layer. Frost outside of cake with remaining white frosting. This layer of frosting will be thin and cake will be visible through frosting. Once frosted, refrigerate cake 30 minutes. (This is called a crumb coat and will prevent crumbs from interfering when piping rosettes.)
- Place each tinted frosting into individual resealable plastic food bag; push frosting to one corner. Cut off 1/2 inch from tip of corner. Place 18-inch-long piece of plastic food wrap onto counter surface. Pipe each color onto plastic wrap to form wide 12-inch horizontal lines (using all of frosting) that are touching.
- Gently roll frosting lines into one large log using plastic wrap. Snip tip off one end of plastic wrap. Place cut-side down into piping bag fitted with size 1M open-star tip. Pipe rainbow rosettes onto cake beginning with middle of top of cake and working out and down sides so the most vibrant colors are on top of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 690 calories, FatContent 37 grams, SaturatedFatContent grams, TransfatContent grams, CholesterolContent 145 milligrams, SodiumContent 430 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 85 grams, FiberContent 0 grams, SugarContent grams, ProteinContent 5 grams
RAINBOW LAYER CAKE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
You’ll be proud to make and serve a cake that’s as much fun as this one. Rainbow layer cake is surprisingly easy to create, thanks to a little help from Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ vanilla cake mix and Betty Crocker™ classic gel food colors.
Provided by Angie McGowan
Total Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among 6 small bowls, about 1 1/3 cups each.
- Using food colors, tint batter in 1 bowl blue, 1 bowl red, 1 bowl green, 1 bowl yellow, 1 bowl orange (using red and yellow) and 1 bowl purple (using blue and red).
- Refrigerate 3 colors of batter until ready to bake. Pour remaining 3 colors of batter into cake pans.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center and begins to pull away from side of pan. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks; cool completely.
- Wash cake pans. Bake and cool remaining 3 cake layers as directed.
- In large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light yellow. On low speed, gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat in vanilla. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until frosting is smooth. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Trim rounded tops off cakes to level, if needed. On serving plate, place purple cake layer. Spread with frosting to within 1/4 inch of edge. Repeat with blue, green, yellow, orange and red cake layers. Spread light coat of frosting on top and side of cake to seal in crumbs, then frost with remaining frosting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1280 , CarbohydrateContent 163 g, CholesterolContent 160 mg, FatContent 13 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 6 g, SaturatedFatContent 23 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 810 mg, SugarContent 127 g, TransFatContent 1 g
More about "where to buy a rainbow cake recipes"
EPIC RAINBOW CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Category Desserts, Cakes, Cake Mix Cake Recipes
Calories 659.9 calories per serving
- Frost the top and outside of the cake. Cut through using a big, sharp knife and serve.
RAINBOW CREPE CAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
Calories 351 calories per serving
RAINBOW CAKE BY CARLO'S BAKERY - GOLDBELLY
TOP 10 BEST RAINBOW CAKE IN LOS ANGELES, CA - DECEMBER ...
A RAINBOW CAKE THE CHEESECAKE SHOP
RAINBOW CAKES ?? | RAINBOW CAKE LONDON DELIVERY ...
WHERE TO BUY RAINBOW CAKES IN METRO MANILA
SLICE OF RAINBOW CAKE - GUILD WARS 2 WIKI (GW2W)
AMAZON.COM: RAINBOW CAKE MIX
CLASSIC ITALIAN RAINBOW – THE ORIGINAL CAKEBITES
FLOUR SHOP RAINBOW EXPLOSION CAKE KIT | WILLIAMS SONOMA
RAINBOW CAKE RECIPE - TESCO REAL FOOD
PASTEL RAINBOW CAKE - KERRY COOKS - RECIPES AND ...
RAINBOW CAKE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
RAINBOW LAYERS CAKE (SERVES 12) | M&S
RAINDROP CAKE - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
9 OF THE BEST RAINBOW CAKES THAT YOU MUST TRY IN SINGAPORE
NAPOLEON CAKE - OLGA'S FLAVOR FACTORY
RAINBOW LAYER CAKE – CURLY'S COOKING