More about "serious eats hot and sour soup recipes"
CHEF JOHN'S HOT AND SOUR SOUP | ALLRECIPES
I'm very excited to be sharing what is probably the most delicious soup I still haven't done a video for--unless I have and forgot. Yes, it's hot, and yes, it's sour, but it's also so much more, and other than a little bit of slicing and dicing, this is relatively fast and simple to make. This is almost always served as an appetizer in a Chinese restaurant, but if you added some pork to this, or some little fun-sized meatballs, it would make a fantastic meal. Serve with extra sliced green onions on top.
Provided by Chef John
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in hot water, stirring occasionally, until soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well and slice into thin strips.
- Whisk soy sauce, vinegar, ground white pepper, and sesame oil together in a small bowl for hot and sour mixture; set aside until needed.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in another small bowl for slurry; set aside until needed.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger, sliced green onions, and shiitake mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and bring up to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in carrot, red pepper, bamboo shoots, tofu, and the hot and sour mixture. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Stir the soup slowly with a spoon while transferring in the beaten eggs in a steady stream to create thin ribbons. Keep stirring until the soup comes back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir the cornstarch slurry to make sure it's well blended, then slowly drizzle it into the soup while stirring constantly. Soup should thicken up within 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off heat, taste for seasoning, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18.7 g, CholesterolContent 99.1 mg, FatContent 8.8 g, FiberContent 1.8 g, ProteinContent 11 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.6 g, SodiumContent 1979.3 mg, SugarContent 6.1 g
CANTONESE-STYLE HOT AND SOUR SOUP RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CREAMY TOM YAM KUNG (THAI HOT AND SOUR SOUP ... - SERIOUS EATS
SOUP RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
SERIOUS EATS - FRESHLY MADE HOT AND SOUR SOUP IS AN ...
TRADITIONAL HOT AND SOUR SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOT AND SOUR SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
CANTONESE-STYLE HOT AND SOUR SOUP RECIPE
BEST 20 SERIOUS EATS CHICKEN SOUP - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND ...
240 SOUP IDEAS | SERIOUS EATS, SOUP RECIPES, RECIPES
HOT AND SOUR THAI SOUP: TOM YUM GOONG RECIPE | TYLER ...
EASY HOT AND SOUR SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BLACK BEAN SOUP SERIOUS EATS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GOOD RECIPE FOR HOT AND SOUR SOUP? | TEXAGS
EASY SOUP RECIPES THAT LAST FOR DAYS
CHINESE DAIKON SOUP RECIPE • STEAMY KITCHEN RECIPES GIVEAWAYS
SERIOUS EATS: RECIPES – PAGE 2 – MICARAMEL'
SERIOUS EATS MEATLOAF RECIPES
POLISH BEET SOUP RECIPE (BARSZCZ CZYSTY CZERWONY)
PLEASE, DON'T PASS THE SALT!: CORN EGG DROP SOUP
SERIOUS EATS RECIPES | PUNCHFORK