CHINESE PUMPKIN CAKE | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
- Remove all the skins of the pumpkin and then cut into cubes. Place the cubes into a steamer, cover with plastic wrap (so that there will be no extra water) and steam for around 25 to 30 minutes until completely soft.
- Smash the steamed pumpkin with a fork and squeeze the extra water out.
- Stir the sugar in when the pumpkin puree is still hot. Set aside to cool down.
- Add glutinous rice flour in.
- Knead the dough for several minutes until smooth. Then divide the dough into a long log. Cut around 12 equal portions out. Take one portion and wrap filling-red bean paste. Assemble as a ball firstly and slightly press with hand to make a flat cake.
- To deep-fry: Heat up oil in wok or pot until really hot, brush some water on the surface and then coat the cake with bread crumbs. Lower your fire and slide the cake in the hot oil and fry until both sides becomes crispy and golden brown. Be careful during this process. Use kitchen pepper to remove extra oil. If some of the coating drops out in deep-frying process, remove them before the next batch. For a crispier taste and less oil absorbed, re-fry the cakes for around 20 seconds over medium fire.
- To pan-fry: brush some oil on a pan and then fry the cake over low fire until golden brown in both sides.
- Set aside to cool down a little bite. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 31 g, ProteinContent 1 g, FatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 3 mg, SugarContent 14 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY PUMPKIN RICE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
I made this as a fluke once because I needed to go shopping and these ingredients were all I had. My kids loved it; I did, too. Now it's a family recipe that I cook from time to time. This is hearty, slightly-sweet, and a great holiday treat or an awesome side dish. Experiment adding other ingredients like pecans or raisins to make it your own.
Provided by Amy M
Total Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine the rice and water in a large saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until the water is completely absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir together the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, butter, and salt in a separate saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until warm. Stir pumpkin mixture into cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 88 g, CholesterolContent 30.5 mg, FatContent 12.3 g, FiberContent 3.9 g, ProteinContent 5 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.5 g, SodiumContent 346.3 mg, SugarContent 43.4 g
More about "pumpkin rice cakes recipes"
PUMPKIN MOCHI | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Category World Cuisine, Asian, Japanese
Cuisine Asian, Japanese
Calories 539.2 calories per serving
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool before serving.
PUMPKIN GLUTINOUS RICE CAKE | MISS CHINESE FOOD
MINI PUMPKIN RICE CAKE | LIGHT ORANGE BEAN
KOREAN PUMPKIN RICE CAKE WITH MUNG BEAN CRUMBLE, NOKDU ...
JAMAICAN PUMPKIN RICE RECIPE | MYJAMAICANRECIPES.COM
PUMPKIN CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RICE KRISPIE TREAT PUMPKINS | AN EASY HALLOWEEN TREAT IDEA
PUMPKIN SPICE RICE CAKES - SKRATCH LABS
PUMPKIN RICE CAKE (VEGAN) - KITCHEN - MARGODROBI .COM
MINI PUMPKIN RICE CAKE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
PUMPKIN MOCHI WITH RED BEAN PASTE ... - RED HOUSE SPICE
HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPIE PUMPKINS | RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
PUMPKIN PORRIDGE (HOBAKJUK) RECIPE BY MAANGCHI
CHINESE PUMPKIN BUN - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
10-MINUTE RICE CAKES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
RICE CAKES RECIPES | QUAKER OATS
MOCHI (JAPANESE RICE CAKE) - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPES - SKRATCH LABS
HEALTHY RICE CAKE RECIPE IDEAS - WEIGHT LOSS RECIPES WITH ...
5 'WEIRD' PUMPKIN SPICE RECIPES THAT AREN'T A LATTE, AND ...