CHICHARRONES CON HUEVOS (PORK CRACKLINS WITH EGGS) RECIPE ...
My nieces boyfriend made this for us for breakfast this morning, his mother makes it all the time and at first I thought hmmm no, well let me tell you I was wrong! This was SO GOOD!!!!! I can't wait to have it again!
Total Time 10 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a medium (dry) skillet on medium heat add the pork cracklins (chicharrones). Lightly fry them just so that they get warmed (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl beat the eggs.
- Add the butter or margarine to the skillet and melt.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- When the eggs are slightly done add the warm pork cracklins and gently fold into the eggs.
- Once the eggs are about done add the salsa. He said his mom uses a mild homemade salsa that she canned over the summer but a good store bought salsa would work well too. The more watery it is the better (in this particular recipe). You want the cracklins to absorb the salsa and become moist.
- If needed you can add a tiny bit of water just in case your salsa wasn't "watery" enough.
- When done. Scoop the huevos con chicharrones into the tortillas and garnish with shredded cheese and additional salsa and cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 121.9, FatContent 7.5, SaturatedFatContent 2.3, CholesterolContent 317.2, SodiumContent 363.7, CarbohydrateContent 3.3, FiberContent 0.7, SugarContent 1.9, ProteinContent 10.1
QUESO BLANCO MAC ‘N’ CHEESE WITH CORN AND CHICHARRONES AS ...
Mac and cheese gets a makeover in this corn-infused recipe! Corn, shallot, and garlic-infused milk and half-and-half are mixed with a blend of four cheeses to make a creamy queso blanco sauce. The sauce is poured over pasta shells and buttery corn kernels, then baked with a chicharrones topping for crunch.
Provided by Tikeyah Whittle
Total Time 1 hours 52 minutes
Prep Time 12 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 40 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9x 13 x 2-inch baking dish with butter.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the shells and cook until nearly al dente, then drain.
- Stand an ear of corn upright on a cutting board and run a knife down the side to cut the kernels off. Repeat with the remaining ears. Set the kernels aside.
- Add the corn cobs to a 4-quart pot with the milk, half-and-half, garlic, and shallots. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook for 20 minutes to infuse. Remove the pot from the heat, strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, and discard the solids. Let cool for 10 minutes. Rinse out the pot.
- Melt the 6 tablespoons of butter in the same pot over medium heat. Add the corn kernels and sauté until beginning to caramelize, 3–4 minutes. Remove ½ cup of corn and set aside. Add the corn-infused milk mixture and a pinch of salt and cook for another minute, until starting to bubble and thicken slightly.
- Transfer the corn mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean large bowl, using a wooden spoon to extract as much liquid as possible from the corn pulp. Rinse out the pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mozzarella, Gruyère, white cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheeses and mix well.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the flour to the pot. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the roux is light golden, 1–2 minutes. Add the corn cream and cook, whisking frequently, until thickened slightly, 3–5 minutes.. Gradually add 1¾ cups of the cheese mixture and whisk until smooth. Season with the white pepper and remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the chicharrones to a food processor or blender. Process until broken down into coarse crumbs.
- Add the cooked pasta shells to the prepared baking dish and pour the cheese sauce on top. Add the reserved corn kernels and half of the remaining cheese mix, then stir well to combine. Top with the remaining cheese mix and the chicharron crumbs.
- Bake the mac ‘n’ cheese for 25 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and cook for another 5 minutes, until the top of the mac ‘n’ cheese is crispy. Let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Garnish the mac ‘n’ cheese with the parsley, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 901 calories, CarbohydrateContent 80 grams, FatContent 52 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 38 grams, SugarContent 13 grams
More about "mac's chicharrones recipes"
MAMA MAC'S VERY MOIST SAGE DRESSING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 308.4 per serving
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until browned. Great served with roast chicken.
DAVE'S CUPBOARD: MAC'S CHICHARRONES
10 BEST CHICHARRONES RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE NASTY BITS: HOW TO MAKE CHICHARRONES RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE CHICHARRONES (FRIED PORK SKIN) AT HOME ...
S'MAC'S NAPOLETANA MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
MAC'S CHICHARRONES PORK SKINS RECALLED FOR MISBRANDING ...
MAC'S ORIGINAL CHICHARRONES FRIED PORK SKINS REVIEWS 2021
THE NASTY BITS: HOW TO MAKE CHICHARRONES RECIPE
CHICHARRONES — CRISPY PORK RINDS RECIPE — DIET DOCTOR
MAC'S CHICHARRONES, BAR-B-Q, PORK SKINS: CALORIES ...
15 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BRAND: MAC'S CHICHARRONES - WALMART
NADIYA'S MAC AND CHEESY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
MAC'S PORK CRACKLINS/CHICHARRONES CASEROS FRIED OUT PORK ...
COPYCAT MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES FROM YOUR FAVORITE ...