LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
High class meets down home. This dish is just my style. The amazing combination of flavors make this one of my favorites.
Provided by Ange
Categories Seafood Shellfish Lobster
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield 1 - 4 quart casserole
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Reserve about 2 cups of the hot pasta water, then drain the pasta in a colander set in the sink, and rinse with cold water to cool. Set aside.
- Return the pasta water to the large pot, and place the lobster halves in the pot, cut-side up. Return the water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and steam the lobster just until the meat firms and turns opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove the lobster and allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove the meat and cut into bite sized pieces. Reserve the shells.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes; scrape the onions into a small bowl and set aside. Place the reserved lobster shells, garlic, shallots, peppercorns, and milk into the saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 5 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour, and stir until the mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Strain the milk through a mesh sieve. Gradually whisk the milk into the flour mixture, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture is thick and smooth, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir the Gruyere, Cheddar, and Romano cheeses into the thickened milk mixture until melted and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the reserved lobster, onions, and macaroni. Pour the macaroni into a 4 quart casserole and smooth the top. Sprinkle evenly with the panko crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbly, and the top is golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 912.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 55.4 g, CholesterolContent 217.7 mg, FatContent 49.2 g, FiberContent 2.5 g, ProteinContent 60.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 29.7 g, SodiumContent 1112.7 mg, SugarContent 5.5 g
500,000+ RECIPES, MEAL PLANNER AND GROCERY LIST | BIGOVEN - CAPITAL GRILLE LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- "Ingredients: Heavy Cream (1qt cream for 1lb pasta) Campanelle Pasta Salt 4 Cheeses of your choice Lobster Butter Bread Crumbs Steps: We begin by warming heavy cream that is seasoned with a pinch of salt (think about 1 qt. of cream per pound of pasta). We use campanelle pasta. We like the open ends because they hold the sauce. If you cannot find campanelle choose any short tube pasta that can hold the most sauce. Undercook the pasta (not al dente, undercooked). Once the water has returned to a boil, we cook the pasta for only three minutes. If you cook the pasta too long, it will be mushy after baking. Once the sauce has simmered, and thickened slightly, add some cheese. We use four types of our favorites: one is a hard, full flavored cheese, another is a firm sharp cheese, another is a soft tangy cheese, and the fourth is a cream cheese style. Any high quality cheese will give you results that you will be happy with. Cook lobsters simmer 3-4 min in some cream sauce. We toss the cream sauce with the parboiled pasta and layer it into a casserole. We top the macaroni with freshly poached north Atlantic lobster meat and buttered bread crumbs and grated parm. We bake it at 400 degrees until golden brown and crispy (about 8 minutes). "
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, FatContent 21.8488131739868 g, CarbohydrateContent 8.34423067707936 g, CholesterolContent 102.335414945275 mg, FiberContent 0.299731275389194 g, ProteinContent 12.7988542205468 g, SaturatedFatContent 13.2975185557998 g, ServingSize 1 1 Serving (162g), SodiumContent 249.975099984821 mg, SugarContent 8.04449940169017 g, TransFatContent 1.39506487800437 g
LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | THE NEELYS - EASY RECIPES, HEALTHY EATING IDEAS AND CHEF RECIPE VIDEOS | FOOD NETWORK
LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HEALTHY MACARONI & CHEESE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
17 MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES THAT TASTE EVEN BETTER THAN MOM'S | SOUTHERN LIVING
HOW TO MAKE MAINE'S BEST LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE
16 BEST LOBSTER RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST BAKED MACARONI CHEESE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY