CONTEST-WINNING HOLIDAY GLAZED HAM RECIPE: HOW TO M…
I like to serve this juicy, mouthwatering Thanksgiving ham with mashed potatoes and colorful vegetables. The apricot glaze is delicious, and the pineapple and cloves assure a truly lovely presentation. —Diane Freeman, Falkland, British Columbia
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 02 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 02 hours 00 minutes
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours., Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, preserves, mustard and allspice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. , Spoon half the glaze over ham. Secure pineapple slices and cherries on top and sides of ham with toothpicks., Bake 30-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248 calories, FatContent 6g fat (2g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 87mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1774mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 32g protein.
GLAZED MULLED WINE HAM | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Beautifully finished with a sticky mulled wine-inspired glaze, this is Christmas ham at its finest. Fragrant and full of flavour, it makes the perfect festive centrepiece. Plus, it’ll give you a stash of beyond-delicious leftovers.
Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
Yield 14 with lots of leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Take your meat out of the fridge and bring it up to room temperature before you cook it.
- Place the gammon in your largest pot, then strip in the woody herbs and add the bay. Roughly chop the celery and carrots, peel and quarter the onion, and squash the garlic cloves, then add it all to the pot with the chilli and peppercorns.
- Cover with water, bring to the boil, then pop the lid on and simmer gently for 2 hours, or until the meat is tender, turning it halfway, topping up with water occasionally and skimming away any excess fat.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Transfer the gammon to a large roasting tray (save a little of the stock for later), then carefully remove the skin and discard, keeping the fat on the meat. Score the fat in a criss-cross fashion, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Roast the gammon for 20 to 30 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- To make the glaze, spoon the marmalade into a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, pour in the red wine and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spices and bay, strip in the clementine zest using a speed-peeler, then pour in the pineapple juice, saving the fruit for later. Allow to bubble away and reduce by half, then switch off – it should be thick and syrupy.
- When the roasting time’s up, take the tray out of the oven, then arrange pineapple rings over the gammon, securing them with a few cloves. Arrange the rest of the pineapple in and around the tray, then pour the glaze over the meat.
- Spoon ½ a ladleful of the gammon stock into the pan you used to make the glaze, scrape up all the sticky bits from the bottom and pour into the tray, ensuring all the gammon and pineapple is coated. Roast for a further 20 minutes, or until beautifully glazed, basting with the glaze every 5 minutes.
- Remove the glazed ham to a serving platter, ready to slice hot, cold or at room temperature. Pour any remaining glaze from the tray all over the ham, and arrange the pineapple slices around it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290 calories, FatContent 11.6 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 3.8 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 25.4 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 20.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 20.2 g sugar, SodiumContent 3.3 g salt, FiberContent 0.2 g fibre
More about "how to make ham stock recipes"
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN STOCK - EASY HOMEMADE CHICKEN STOC…
Total Time 12 hours
- Put the chicken bones, carrots, celery, parsnips, bay leaves, thyme, onion, salt, and pepper into a large slow cooker. Cover with water by 2 inches, then set on low. Cook for 10 to 12 hours. Skim off any fat or impurities from the surface, then strain the broth through a fine-mesh strainer. Store in jars.
BEST SCALLOPED POTATOES AND HAM RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ...
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Category main dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a large casserole dish. Heat butter in a large skillet. Add onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until they start to turn translucent. Add ham and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat and set aside. Combine half-and-half and cream in a microwave-safe container and nuke for a minute or so, until no longer cold. Whisk in flour and black pepper until totally combined. Set aside. (You may add salt, but cheese and ham are salty, so add sparingly.) Combine the two grated cheeses. Set aside. Using a mandoline or slicer, slice potatoes into 1/8-inch slices (very thin.) Layer 1/3 of the potato slices in the buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle on 1/3 of the ham/onion mixture, then 1/3 of the cheese, then pour on 1/3 of the cream mixture. Repeat this twice more, ending with a sprinkling of cheese and a pouring on of the rest of the cream mixture. Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes at least, or until bubbly and hot. Cut into squares and serve. Sprinkle on chopped parsley if you'd like! (Note: To speed along the process a bit, you may boil sliced potatoes for 3 to 5 minutes before assembling the casserole. Just drain and slightly cool before assembling.)
THE 11 MOST COMMON MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE COOKING A HAM ...
HOW TO MAKE A CURED SMOKED HAM FROM SCRATCH
HAM ROLL UPS WITH PICKLE - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
HEALTHY HAM RECIPES | EATINGWELL
LESLIE'S HAM LENTIL SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST SPICES HAM BEAN SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SKILLET HAM HASH | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION RECIPES
10 BEST HAM AND BEANS WITH HAM BONE RECIPES | YUMMLY
11 HAM HOCK RECIPES FULL OF SOUTHERN FLAVOR | SOUTHERN LIVING
SLOW COOKER HAM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE GLAZED HAM - ULTIMATE GLAZED HAM GUIDE ...
INSTANT POT HAM AND BEANS - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
PIONEER WOMAN HAM AND BEAN SOUP - HAMDI RECIPES
PIONEER WOMAN SPLIT PEA SOUP WITH HAM RECIPES