SPICY AFRICAN CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Cayenne pepper and Scotch bonnet chillies give this boldly flavoured peanut casserole a fiery kick
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Dinner, Main course
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Pour the hot stock over the peanut butter and stir until dissolved. Heat a very large pan and fry the onions in the oil for 5 mins to soften. Add the ginger, cayenne, if using, ½ tsp black pepper, coriander, cumin, chillies and bay and cook, stirring, for 2 mins.
- Tip in the tomatoes and the peanut stock, then stir in the chicken pieces. Put a lid on the pan and leave to simmer for 30 mins, stirring frequently to make sure the peanut butter doesn’t stick to the base of the pan.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes, peppers and chopped coriander, then cook for 30 mins more. Serve sprinkled with the reserved coriander, with rice and lime wedges for squeezing over, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 633 calories, FatContent 40 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 10 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 25 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 12 grams sugar, FiberContent 4 grams fiber, ProteinContent 44 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.8 milligram of sodium
WEST AFRICAN CHICKEN STEW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
I really love African flavors, but you don't really encounter them much in the U.S. Here the combination of native African ingredients, all of which can be found in the States, transports you to a new culinary place. —Michael Cohen, Los Angeles, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 50 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, cook chicken over medium heat in 2 teaspoons oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink; remove and set aside., In the same pan, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute longer., Stir in the peas, tomatoes, sweet potato, broth, peanut butter, 1-1/4 teaspoons thyme and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potato is tender. Add chicken; heat through., Serve with rice if desired. Sprinkle with remaining thyme.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275 calories, FatContent 7g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 31mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 636mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, FiberContent 6g fiber), ProteinContent 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 3 lean meat
More about "african stew chicken recipes"
WEST AFRICAN PEANUT STEW RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Category Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes, Stews, Chicken
Calories 730.6 calories per serving
- Stir the tomatoes, collard greens, and peanut butter into the soup. Partially cover the pot again and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, another 20 minutes.
WEST AFRICAN PEANUT SOUP WITH CHICKEN RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 689 per serving
- Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter. Taste, adjust seasoning (you may want to add more peanut butter at this point) and serve, garnished with remaining peanuts.
CHICKEN-AND-BRISKET BRUNSWICK STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
- Note: We tested with Superior Touch Better Than Bouillon Beef Base and Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes.
CHICKEN STEW (AFRICAN STYLE) - IMMACULATE BITES
WEST AFRICAN-STYLE CHICKEN PEANUT STEW RECIPE | TESCO REAL ...
CHICKEN STEW RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
24 HEARTY CHICKEN STEW RECIPES MOM USED TO MAKE
SPANISH CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | CHICKEN RECIPES | TESCO REAL ...
AFRICAN BEEF STEW - IMMACULATE BITES
SOUL FOOD MAKEOVER-HEART HEALTHY AFRICAN AMERICAN RECIPES
GHANAIAN CHICKEN AND PEANUT STEW (GROUNDNUT SOUP) RECIPE
OLD-FASHIONED CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD ...
20 AFRICAN RECIPES TO TRY AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
CHICKEN STEW WITH VEGETABLES, OVEN OR SLOW COOKER RECIPE
ETHIOPIAN DORO WAT CHICKEN STEW RECIPE
CHICKEN RECIPES - FOOD24
CHICKEN RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
40 HEARTY STEW RECIPES | FOOD & WINE