SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN - EASY RECIPES, HEALTHY EATING IDEAS AND CHEF RECIPE VIDEOS | FOOD NETWORK
Instead of deep-frying chunks of chicken, this streamlined take on an American Chinese restaurant favorite opts for stir-frying it. Sweetness comes from pineapple chunks and juice, plus a touch of brown sugar, while rice wine vinegar delivers that pleasing sour punch.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Total Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate. Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce begins to reduce. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer. Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
This is a recipe my mom made for years and years. I've made it for parties as well as when I've had company over for supper. Everyone loves these meatballs. These meatballs are made without the addition of pineapple.
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For meatballs: Mix all ingredients (minus oil) together. Form into balls. Fry in oil until golden then place on paper towel to drain. Set aside
- For Sauce: In medium saucepan, fry onion in oil until tender. Add all other sauce ingredients and simmer 20 minutes. Add meatballs and cook 1 hour on medium. Serve and Enjoy!
- *You can also place browned meatballs and sauce mix into crock pot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 625, FatContent 29.2, SaturatedFatContent 8.5, CholesterolContent 123.6, SodiumContent 1354.3, CarbohydrateContent 66, FiberContent 1.1, SugarContent 55.4, ProteinContent 26.4
More about "sweet and sour food recipes"
EASY SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 25 minutes
Category Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Calories 305 calories per serving
- Stir in the pineapple pieces and sugar snap peas and return to the microwave for another 3-5 mins until the chicken is completely cooked. Leave to stand for a few minutes, then stir in the cashews, if using, and serve.
THE BEST SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 10 minutes
Calories 440.5 per serving
- Pour over chicken, meatballs, smoked sausage, veggies, etc.
CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
Total Time 15 minutes
- Then pour the basic sauce to the wok, bring all the content to a boiling. And add water starch in. Keep on stirring in the process.
CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE (???) - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY SWEET AND SOUR PORK RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SWEET AND SOUR PINEAPPLE PORK RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS