RASPBERRY JAM WITHOUT PECTIN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is another 'lucky' situation when things turn for better. While making my raspberry jam, I totally forgot to add pectin. The result: exactly the same that if I did add some. Easier, simpler, and less risky than adding pectin to it.
Provided by Francine Lizotte Club Foody
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Canning and Preserving Recipes Jams and Jellies Recipes
Total Time 8 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 7 8-ounce jars
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Bring raspberries to a boil in a very large pot. Cook for 4 minutes. Add sugar and lemon juice; stir well. Bring back to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and pour jam into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch of space at the top. Seal and transfer jars into a boiling water bath. Make sure jars are covered with at least 1 inch of water; let sit for 5 minutes. Lift jars and let them cool in a draft-free place without touching, 8 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 15.3 g, FiberContent 0.6 g, ProteinContent 0.1 g, SugarContent 14.7 g
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Whenever I make this chocolate raspberry cake, I get rave reviews. It's impressive, and the raspberry filling is wonderful. —Marlene Sanders, Paradise, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line three greased 9-in. round baking pans with waxed paper and grease paper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Combine buttermilk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat 2 minutes. Gradually add coffee (batter will be thin)., Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes . Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For filling, in a small saucepan, whisk together flour and milk until smooth. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let stand until cool. , In a large bowl, cream shortening and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and mix well. Gradually add cooled milk mixture; beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in liqueur, salt and, if desired, food coloring., Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread half the filling to within 1/4 in. of edge. Drizzle half the jam over filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Refrigerate until filling is set, about 30 minutes. , In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in cocoa and liqueur. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Frost top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 738 calories, FatContent 28g fat (10g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 73mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 573mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 118g carbohydrate (91g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 7g protein.
More about "raspberry jam cake recipes"
HOMEMADE RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 28 minutes
Category Afternoon tea, Breakfast, Condiment
Calories 39 calories per serving
- The top of the jam may look like it has sediment on it, but I find that if you stir it well as it cools, a little of this disappears. Pour into the jars and seal. It will keep unopened for a year, although the lovely bright colour will darken a little. Once open, keep in the fridge.
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
- Tip: To make a small boiling-water canner, tie several screw bands together with string or use a small round cake rack in the bottom of a large covered Dutch oven. Be sure the pan is high enough for 2 inches (5 cm) of water to cover the jars when they are sitting on the rack.
RASPBERRY LEMON CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 35 minutes
Calories 792 calories per serving
- For lemon curd, in a heavy saucepan, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon zest. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Cool for 10 minutes. Cover and chill for 1-1/2 hours or until thickened., For cake, preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; set aside to cool., In a large bowl, cream beat butter, oil and 1-1/2 cups sugar until blended, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in gelatin mixture, lemon juice, lemon zest and extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition., Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes., In a microwave-safe bowl, combine lemonade concentrate and remaining sugar. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Poke holes in warm cakes with a fork; pour lemonade mixture over cakes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla; beat until blended., To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 6 tablespoons raspberry jam. Repeat. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread about 1/2 cup lemon curd over top of cake (save remaining curd for another use)., Spread frosting over sides of cake and pipe a shell border along the top and bottom edges. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Chill 1 hour.
RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Category Desserts, Fruit Desserts, Raspberry Dessert Recipes
Calories 419.4 calories per serving
- Bake in preheated oven until filling is set and crust is deep golden brown, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before removing side of pan. Chill completely before serving, about 1 hour.
CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY BIRTHDAY LAYER CAKE RECIPE | BBC ...
Total Time 1 hours
Category Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Calories 549 calories per serving
- Spoon most of the reserved raspberry mixture over one of the cakes, then dollop on half of the cream. Smooth over with a palette knife, then place the other sponge on top. Swirl over the remaining cream and swirl the last of the raspberry mixture through it. Will keep in the fridge for two days.
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPES - BBC FOOD
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CAKE (COPYCAT) | FAVORITE FAMILY ...
RASPBERRY CAKE FILLING - THE EASIEST WAY TO ELEVATE ANY ...
ALL-IN-ONE SPONGE CAKE WITH RASPBERRY AND MASCARPONE CREAM ...
RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE | HOMEMADE CRUMB CAKE ...
LEMON RASPBERRY CAKE - THE BEST LEMON RASPBERRY CAKE RECIPE
RASPBERRY RECIPES - BBC FOOD
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CAKE FROM SCRATCH | MY CAKE SCHOOL
JAM CAKE RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
24 RASPBERRY DESSERT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
WHITE CHOCOLATE ALMOND RASPBERRY CAKE - BAKER BY NATURE
SEEDLESS RASPBERRY JAM | JAMS, PRESERVES & SPREADS ...
WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY LOAF CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE