PRUNE CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This was the cake I asked my mother to bake me for my birthday each year. Most people would turn up their noses at any food with prunes in it, but oh are they wrong! This cake is wonderful. When my mother had to go to the nursing home, I found her recipe written in the back of an old cookbook. I was so excited and have been baking it ever since. In fact, then I started making it for her. By the way, I lost my Little Mama when she was 95 years old. She was a wonderful cook and passed it down to me.
Provided by GA Hole In 1 GAL
Total Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Yield 1 Bundt cake
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Combine prunes and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until prunes are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt®).
- Mix flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, allspice, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Combine vegetable oil, 1 cup buttermilk, and eggs in a separate bowl; pour them into the flour mixture. Mix until fully incorporated. Use an electric mixer to blend in the drained prunes; the mixer will break them up a bit. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven until a tester comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Remove cake from oven and allow it to cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- To make icing, combine 1 cup sugar, margarine, 1/2 cup buttermilk, vanilla extract, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for a full 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Invert cake onto a platter and pour hot icing over the cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 73.2 g, CholesterolContent 28.5 mg, FatContent 37 g, FiberContent 3.1 g, ProteinContent 5.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, SodiumContent 335.7 mg, SugarContent 51 g
DRUNKEN PRUNES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
The oaky taste of Armagnac, a French brandy made in Gascony, has long been paired with prunes. While Armagnac is available in vintage bottlings, nothing so extravagant is needed for this recipe. Use waterproof markers to decorate the outside of glass jars with flowers, abstract designs or a favorite line from a poem.
Provided by EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories Vegan Christmas Dessert Recipes
Total Time P7DT1 hours 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Stir tea and water in a small bowl; let steep for 5 minutes. Strain into a medium saucepan; stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Place prunes in a large bowl; stir in hot syrup. Set aside to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, sterilize two 1-pint canning jars by steaming them upside down, their lids alongside, in a closed steamer for 10 minutes; or place in a large pot and cover by 1 inch of water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain prunes, reserving liquid separately. Whisk Armagnac (or cognac) into the liquid. Pack each sterilized jar with half the prunes. Nestle half the vanilla bean in each jar. Pour 1/2 cup of the Armagnac mixture into each jar. Seal and turn upside down to blend ingredients. Set right side up and store in the refrigerator for 1 week to plump.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 27.4 g, FatContent 0.2 g, FiberContent 2.6 g, ProteinContent 0.9 g, SodiumContent 1.6 mg, SugarContent 6 g
More about "prunes in spanish recipes"
PRUNES IN PORT RECIPE -
Total Time 55 minutes
Calories 136.8 per serving
- bottle, or store in the fridge.
SPANISH CHICKEN WITH SHERRY AND PRUNES | FOOD TO LOVE
Total Time 35 minutes
Category Midweek Dinner, Main
- Scatter over parsley and serve with bread.
PRUNE AND OLIVE CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 9 hours 15 minutes
Category World Cuisine, European, Italian
Cuisine European, Italian
Calories 402.2 calories per serving
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, spooning juices over chicken several times as it is baking. Serve on a platter, pouring juices over the top, and garnish with fresh parsley.
AROMATIC BRAISED LAMB WITH PRUNES AND PINE NUTS RECIPE ...
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
- Season the stew with salt and pepper and spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and serve.
PORK AND PRUNES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Calories 609 calories per serving
- In a small bowl, combine the prunes and red wine; set aside. Toss the pork with the salt and pepper. Place the butter and olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear the pork until brown, working in batches. Add the garlic, stirring well, and cook for 1 minute. Add the prunes and wine and bay leaves, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in 2 cups of the broth, partially cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and add the remaining broth, stirring well. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 1 hour or until the pork is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in the brandy (if using) and half-and-half. Serve warm over thick slices of toast.
TAPA RECIPE PRUNES AND DATES WRAPPED IN BACON
LISA PARDO KITCHEN : PRUNES SOAKED IN BRANDY
PRUNE IN SPANISH | ENGLISH TO SPANISH TRANSLATION ...
PRUNE RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
PRUNE RECIPES | LOVETOKNOW
RECIPES WITH PRUNES | TASTE OF HOME
SPANISH CREMA CATALANA WITH SHERRY-SOAKED PRUNES | MINDFOOD
PRUNES IN ARMAGNAC WITH HAZELNUT BRITTLE AND CREAM RECIPE
CATALAN VEAL STEW WITH PRUNES AND POTATOES RECIPE | LEITE ...
CHICKEN MARBELLA - CHICKEN WITH PRUNES AND OLIVES - NOT ...
OLD-FASHIONED PRUNE CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
CHICKEN WITH PRUNES, OLIVES AND ALMONDS | SARA MOULTON
BANANA & PRUNE SMOOTHIE |
PRUNES DE CYTHERE IN ENGLISH WITH CONTEXTUAL EXAMPLES
HOW TO COOK PRUNES STEWED IN ORANGE JUICE - THE 'HOW TO ...
STEWED PRUNES RECIPE FOR CONSTIPATION