EASY CHICKEN POSOLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This easy-to-make chicken and hominy soup is one of many great Mexican Christmas traditions, or simply delicious whenever you want to eat something warm and comforting. It's garnished with thinly sliced radishes, shredded lettuce, finely chopped onion, chopped cilantro, and lime wedges, which diners add to the soup as they please.
Provided by Dorothy Denise Garcia
Categories Chicken Soup
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and cook until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Remove from skillet, drain, and cool. When completely cooled, shred chicken with a fork.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons canola oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic until soft and transparent, about 5 minutes. Return shredded chicken to the skillet. Stir in the chicken broth, water, oregano, salt, and chili powder. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 90 minutes. Stir in the hominy and cook until tender, about 15 minutes more. Taste to adjust seasonings, adding more salt and chili powder, if desired. Serve in soup bowls with1 tostada shell per serving. Garnish as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18 g, CholesterolContent 58.6 mg, FatContent 6.2 g, FiberContent 3.1 g, ProteinContent 24.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.4 g, SodiumContent 697.3 mg, SugarContent 2.1 g
POZOLE – INSTANT POT RECIPES
This Mexican pork stew is a celebratory dish, often served for special occasions and holidays. It contains hominy, which is dried field corn soaked in an alkali solution. After soaking, the corn is washed. It is then used for making masa, or used as is in soups and stews. Most markets sell canned hominy in the bean section or with the canned vegetables.
Provided by I Love My Instant Pot®Soups, Stews, and Chilis Recipe Book by Kelly Jaggers
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Season pork pieces with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot® and heat oil. Add half the pork to pot in an even layer, making sure there is space between pieces to prevent steam from forming. Brown 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pot and reserve on a plate. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Add onions and poblano peppers to pot and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add chipotle pepper, cinnamon, garlic, paprika, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and coriander. Cook until spices and garlic are fragrant, about 1 minute. Return pork to pot and turn to coat with spices. Stir in beer and broth and press the Cancel button.
- Close lid, set steam release to Sealing, press the Manual button, and adjust cook time to 35 minutes. Once cooking is complete allow pressure to release naturally, about 20 minutes. Press the Cancel button, open lid, and stir well. If you prefer a thicker stew, press the Sauté button and let stew reduce to desired thickness. Season with remaining salt and pepper, then stir in hominy, lime juice, and cilantro. Serve hot.
WHAT IS POZOLE? HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS MEXICAN CORN SOUP
Aug 30, 2016 · The recipes differ in the ingredients and how the pozole is prepared. Here are a few other examples of how you can make pozole. I'm giving you multiple options, so you can be …
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN INGREDIENTS | FAMILY-OWNED SINCE 1949 ...
Our Mission. Provide only the highest quality Mexican ingredients available while creating an authentic Mexican food experience. Whether domestic, imported, organic, gluten-free, or Kosher, we …
SLOW COOKER SOUP RECIPES UNDER 300 CALORIES | ALLRECIPES
Jul 23, 2021 · With ingredients like cheese, chiles, tomatoes, and sour cream, enchilada casserole is a filling, budget-friendly option that will be the star of your next potluck or family meal. Try one of our enchilada casserole recipes …
100 BEST SOUP RECIPES | MYRECIPES
Jan 17, 2017 · The classic Spanish combination of briny littleneck clams—the smallest and most tender of the clam clan—smoky chorizo, and tender white beans come together in seamless soup …
POZOLE ROJO (RED POSOLE) RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Oct 20, 2021 · Pozole Rojo (Mexican Pork and Hominy Stew) Traditional Mexican pozole (posole) is a rich, brothy soup made with pork, hominy, and red chiles. Pile your bowl with toppings like …
BEST POZOLE ROJO - THE DARING GOURMET
Sep 27, 2018 · As the names suggest, pozole verde is made with a green sauce (and usually chicken), pozole rojo is made with a red sauce, and pozole blanco is made without either green or red sauce. Today we’re making a pozole rojo …
SPICY ORANGE MARINATED CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIP…
Dec 10, 2008 · Chicken thighs, pounded thin, marinated in mixture of orange juice, onion, garlic, herbs, and chipotle, then …
RED POZOLE WITH TRADITIONAL GARNISHES - PATI JINICH
Add the red chile sauce to simmering pozole, let it cook for an additional 25 minutes, adjust the seasoning, and serve in soup bowls. Arrange the garnishes in smaller bowls on the table and let your guests customize their pozole. Or, if making ahead, let the pozole …
25 EASY RECIPES WITH KIDNEY BEANS | MYRECIPES
Mar 16, 2020 · Plan to put this easy and comforting vegetarian pozole on repeat all season long. The vibrant stew offers the smoky, delicately spicy, and bright flavors characteristic of traditional pozole, simply without the pork. Fresh spinach and red kidney beans add color and hearty texture, while also upping the iron and protein content of the pozole.