MEI FUN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
This is a base Mei Fun recipe which you can add the protein of choice to and served with Asian condiments to be added as desired.
Total Time 3 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 3 hours
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Soak mushroom is a bowl of cold water for 3 hours, or until softened. Drain and squeeze out excess liquid. Slice and set aside.
- Soak rice noodles in cold water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a wok or similar on medium high heat. Add carrot and stir for a minute. Add cabbage and some salt, stirring and tossing until softened (but still al dente). Add bean sprouts and scallion and toss until well mixed and bean sprouts are just cooked. Remove to a bowl/plate and set aside.
- Return wok/pot to the medium high heat with 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. (Add protein of choice if so desired and stir fry until almost done.) Add mushrooms and stir for about a minute. Add the chicken broth, rice noodles, and pinch of salt. Stir until noodles are evenly moistened. (You won’t see extra liquid though.).
- Turn off the flame and stir in the vegetables. Check and add salt to taste. (Rice noodles can be difficult to toss with vegetables because they clump together. Sometimes I use two sets of chopsticks to evenly distribute.).
- Cover with a lid and rest for 5 minutes. Serve with choice of condiments (vinegar, oyster sauce or sriracha or or sambal) for guests to add on their own. Store any left-overs in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for a week. You can reheat in the microwave.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.9, FatContent 3.8, SaturatedFatContent 0.6, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 406.8, CarbohydrateContent 38.8, FiberContent 2.7, SugarContent 4.2, ProteinContent 5.4
PORK MEI FUN (RICE NOODLES) RECIPE | SIDECHEF
Mei Fun which is translated to rice noodles or rice vermicelli are thin noodles made from grounded rice and water.
Provided by theartofcooking
Categories Weeknight Dinners Nut-Free Dairy-Free Full Meal Beginner Gluten-Free Soy-Free Stove Peanut-Free Tree Nut-Free Tomato-Free
Total Time 3300S
Number Of Ingredients 26
- Add Rice Noodles (150 gram) to a large bowl and cover with cold water. Let it sit for 45 minutes to soften the noodles. You can also use warm water, but it will only take 5 to 8 minutes and you must drain it immediately.
- Cut Lean Pork (350 gram) into thin strips. Make sure to slice against the grain to help the meat become tender.
- Mix the pork with Salt (1/2 teaspoon), Ground White Pepper (1 pinch), Garlic Powder (1/6 teaspoon), Shaoxing Cooking Wine (2 teaspoon), and Water (1 tablespoon) and marinade for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut Napa Cabbage (50 gram) into strips.
- Cut Green Cabbage (100 gram) into strips.
- Cut Onion (50 gram) into strips.
- Cut a stick of Celery (50 gram) in half, then cut it again and slice into thin strips.
- Take the Carrot (50 gram) and slice thinly lengthwise. Cut those thin slices lengthwise to get thin strips.
- Cut the Scallion (1) into long strips. Take the white portion and slice lengthwise to make thinner strips.
- In addition to the other vegetables, get the Bean Sprouts (30 gram) and Bamboo Shoot Strips (15 gram) ready.
- Add in Corn Starch (2 teaspoon) to the pork and mix until you do not see the cornstarch anymore. Add Vegetable Oil (1 teaspoon) and mix until combined.
- Drain the soaking noodles.
- Beat the Large Egg (2) in a bowl.
- Heat a wok until hot, add Vegetable Oil (1 1/2 tablespoon) and cook the beaten eggs. Do not overcook the eggs. Set aside.
- Heat your wok until smoking hot, add Vegetable Oil (2 tablespoon) at medium-high heat. Cook your marinated pork for 20 to 30 seconds until partially cooked.
- Add in the Garlic (1 tablespoon) and stir fry.
- Add the sliced onion and sliced cabbage. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots, celery, napa cabbage, bean sprouts, bamboo strips and the white part of the green onion. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the drained rice noodles and the green part of the green onion. Add Shaoxing Cooking Wine (1 tablespoon), Salt (3/4 teaspoon), Granulated Sugar (3/4 teaspoon), Ground White Pepper (2 pinch) and Fish Sauce (2 teaspoon). Stir and toss for 30 seconds without breaking the noodles.
- Break the cooked egg apart then add it back into the wok. Toss for another 30 seconds. Add Oyster Sauce (1/2 teaspoon), Sriracha (to taste), and Sesame Oil (1 1/2 teaspoon) then toss for another 45 seconds to a minute.
- Transfer to a plate and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 454 calories, ProteinContent 23.5 g, FatContent 21.7 g, CarbohydrateContent 41.1 g, FiberContent 2.4 g, SodiumContent 1212.9 mg, SaturatedFatContent 13.4 g, TransFatContent 0.0 g, CholesterolContent 157.1 mg, SugarContent 3.4 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 4.0 g
More about "mei fen recipes"
CHICKEN MEI FUN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 435.4 per serving
SINGAPORE MEI FUN (MAI FUN) | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
Total Time 40 minutes
Category Main Course
Calories 560 kcal per serving
- Transfer out and serve hot.
HOMESTYLE MAI FUN | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
Total Time 28 minutes
Calories 494 kcal per serving
- Slow down your heat and add Mai Fun in. Add shredded egg omelet, shrimp, bean sprouts and chive sections. Spread salt and Chinese five spice powder and stir in the sauce. Make quick movements to coat all the contents with stir fry sauce evenly. Transfer out and serve hot.
CHOW MEI FUN - CHINESE FOOD RECIPES
Cuisine Mei Fun Recipes
- Of course you can also adjust the recipe itself according to its own taste. I usually cook whatsoever to feel (and of course also with feeling ... when I'm not too tired or lazy ... :))
TSAO MI FUN (TAIWANESE FRIED RICE NOODLES) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Category Main Dishes, Rice, Fried Rice Recipes
Calories 523.2 calories per serving
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok, then stir in the drained rice vermicelli noodles. Cook and stir for a few minutes until the noodles soften, then stir in the reserved pork mixture. Scrape the mixture in to a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro to serve.
CHICKEN MEI FUN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
Total Time 35 minutes
- Drain the rice noodles and add them to the skillet. Season with salt, pepper, or soy sauce, to taste. Enjoy!
CHICKEN MEI FUN: CHINESE HOME-STYLE RECIPE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
WHAT IS MEI FUN?
WHAT IS MEI FUN? - CHINESE FOOD RECIPES
WHAT IS MEI FUN?
VEGETABLE MEI FUN RECIPE - THE KITCHEN WIFE
10 BEST MAI FUN NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGETABLE MEI FUN – ERECIPE
MEI FUN—RICE NOODLES | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
MEI FUN SHRIMP - WANNA BITE
SHRIMP CHOW MEI FUN RECIPE - (4.6/5) - KEYINGREDIENT
??? NO MI FAN – CHINESE STICKY RICE » BETTY L
CHOW MAI FUN RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
14 CHOW MEI FUN RECIPES IDEAS | CHOW MEI FUN, MEI FUN ...