LINZER TARTS RECIPE - FOOD.COM - FOOD.COM - RECIPES, FOOD ...
This is from The Kosher Palette cookbook. This relatively simple recipe turns out a very pretty cookie.
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 1 cookies, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended. Add flour, beating at low speed until blended.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on greased cookie sheets, two inches apart. Flatten dough balls with a flat-bottomed cup wrapped in a damp paper towel.
- Dip a thimble or small round cutter in flour and cut out a small circle in the center of exactly half of the cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. (The cookies will be pale. The cut out halves will bake faster so watch closely.) Transfer carefully to wire racks to cool.
- Spread raspberry preserves on top of solid cookies. Top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down, to make sandwiches. Sift powdered sugar over tops of cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125.1, FatContent 7.9, SaturatedFatContent 1.6, CholesterolContent 7.8, SodiumContent 91.9, CarbohydrateContent 12.2, FiberContent 0.3, SugarContent 4.2, ProteinContent 1.4
CLASSIC LINZER TART - RECIPE IDEAS, PRODUCT REVIEWS, HOME ...
This Austrian specialty, associated with the city of Linz, is a tart filled with raspberry jam. Modest, perhaps, by Austrian standards (for starters, there's no whipped cream on or in it), the Linzer torte is nonetheless a beloved tradition.
Provided by GOODHOUSEKEEPING.COM
Total Time 0S
Prep Time 0S
Cook Time 0S
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place hazelnuts in 9" by 9" metal baking pan. Bake 15 minutes, or until toasted. Wrap hot hazelnuts in clean cloth towel. With hands, roll hazelnuts back and forth to remove most of skins. Cool completely. Turn off oven. In food processor with knife blade attached, or in blender, pulse nuts with 1/4 cup flour until nuts are finely ground. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Increase speed to medium-high; beat until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to medium and beat in egg and vanilla until smooth, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low. Add ground nut mixture, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and remaining 1 cup flour; beat just until combined. With floured hands, press two-thirds of dough into bottom and up side of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom (1/4 inch below edge of pan). Wrap tart shell and remaining dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes, or until firm. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spread raspberry jam over bottom of tart shell to 1/4 inch from edge. Divide remaining dough into 10 equal pieces. On lightly floured surface, with floured hands, roll each piece into an 8 1/2-inch-long rope. Place 5 ropes, about 1 1/2 inches apart, over filling; do not seal ends. Make lattice top (if you're not sure how to do this, pick up a copy of the Good Housekeeping Great Baking cookbook -- available online and in stores now) with remaining 5 ropes. Trim ends of ropes even with edge of tart; press ends to seal. With any remaining trimmings, make rope for tart shell and press around inside edge of tart. Make decorative edge with fork, if desired. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is lightly browned. Cool on wire rack at least 1 hour. Sprinkle tart with confectioners' sugar, if desired. When cool, carefully remove side of pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories
More about "linzer tart recipe without nuts recipes"
LINZER COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 161 calories per serving
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and spices; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle., Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round or cookie cutter. From the center of half the cookies, cut out a 1-1/2-in. shape., Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely., Spread bottom of each solid cookie with 1/2 teaspoon jam. Sprinkle cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar; carefully place over jam.
AMAZING LINZER COOKIES WITHOUT NUTS - CAKE DECORIST
10 BEST LINZER COOKIES WITHOUT NUTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
LINZER TARTS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
NUT-FREE LINZER COOKIES - WHAT SHOULD I MAKE FOR...
NUT FREE LINZER COOKIES - YOU'RE GONNA BAKE IT AFTER ALL
LINZER COOKIES | A CLASSIC CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPE!
EASY AND DELICIOUS RASPBERRY NUT-FREE LINZER COOKIES RECIPE
HOW2HEROES » NUT-FREE LINZER COOKIES
LINZER COOKIES WITHOUT NUTS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
LINZER COOKIES - SUGAR SPUN RUN
LINZER COOKIES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC LINZER COOKIES | KITCHN
LINZER TORTE RECIPE - THE DELICIOUS CRESCENT
EASY ALMOND LINZER COOKIES RECIPE - COOKING LSL
WHAT IS LINZER RECIPES
VEGAN LINZER TORTE (GRANDMA'S ORIGINAL RECIPE) - BIANCA ...
RASPBERRY LINZER TART RECIPE - COUCOUCAKE
LINZER COOKIES WITH MEYER LEMON CURD - BAKE FROM SCRATCH