LEMON JELLY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Make and share this Lemon Jelly recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 5 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine lemon juice, lemon rind and water in a glass bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a large saucepan.
- Add sugar to juice mix and stir well.
- Bring to a hard boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in fruit pectin.
- Bring back to full boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Skim off foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars (I run mine through the dishwasher).
- Cover immediately with 1/8 inch hot paraffin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710.8, FatContent 0, SaturatedFatContent 0, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 1.7, CarbohydrateContent 183.7, FiberContent 1.6, SugarContent 180.5, ProteinContent 0.1
LEMON JELLY | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Jazz up a biscuit, English muffin, or slice of toast with a spoonful of Lemon Jelly. You know what they say (or what they should say): When life give you lemons, make Lemon Jelly!
Provided by Better Homes & Gardens
Categories Recipes and Cooking
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Yield 4 half-pints
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Finely shred enough lemon peel to make 1 tablespoon. Squeeze juice from lemons to make 3/4 cup. Combine peel, juice, and water; set stand 10 minutes. Strain to remove any pulp and peel; measure 2 cups juice mixture.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the 2 cups lemon juice mixture and the sugar. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Quickly stir in pectin. Return to a full rolling boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids. Process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boil). Remove jars; cool on a wire rack. Makes 4 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 57 calories, CarbohydrateContent 15 g, SodiumContent 1 mg
More about "lemon jelly recipe recipes"
LEMON JELLY FILLING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Category Desserts, Fillings, Fruit Fillings
Calories 184.3 calories per serving
- Mix egg yolks with sugar, grated rinds from 2 lemons, and juice from 4 lemons and cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Add butter and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 20 minutes or until filling is smooth and very thick. Cool, then spread between layers of cooled cake.
HONEY LEMON JELLY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 55 minutes
Calories 110 calories per serving
- In a Dutch oven, combine honey, lemon juice and zest. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. , Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into three hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight. , Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
LEMON-SHERRY JELLY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Calories 291 calories per serving
- Just before serving, cut jelly into 1/2-inch pieces with a sharp knife. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
HONEY-LEMON JELLY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Pour jelly quickly into hot, sterilized jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top; wipe jar rims. Cover immediately with metal lids, and screw on bands. Process jars in boiling-water bath 5 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
MEYER LEMON JELLY | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Category Jams & Jellies
- The best thing to do is to take a plate and stick it in the freezer, ready to go so that when you have boiled the mix for 10 minutes and it appears to be ever-so-slightly thicker on the back of your spoon you can then take out the frozen plate, put a teaspoon of the liquid on the plate and see if it sets up. If it does, that’s prooof that the jelly is ready. Mine set up just a little bit on the plate but after boiling my first batch too long I decided to put the jelly in jars anyway and see if it was done despite my apprehensions. I warn you, it may look completely runny and watery but it really only takes about 10 minutes to see a slight change in the consistency off that spoon and over boiling it is disasterous because it makes the lemons taste bitter and burnt. If you want that fresh lemon taste you can’t overboil it. I know, I ruined my first batch doing that. Once the 1o minutes have passed then immediately pull the pot off the stove and ladle the jelly into four waiting half-pint jars that have been properly cleaned and sterilized. Screw on the lids and invert them on the counter for 5 minutes, then turn them back right-side up and they’ll seal themselves nicely. There is enough acid in the lemon jelly not to have to worry about a water bath. It should keep nicely for a year or so--if you can wait that long to eat it.
LEMON CAKE ROLL RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 200 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in water. Combine dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. , Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. , Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack., For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, egg, water and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. , Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
FRESH LEMON JELLY | COMMUNITY RECIPES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES ...
LEMON JELLY RECIPE - ALL THE BEST RECIPES AT CRECIPE.COM
10 BEST LEMON JELLY PECTIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMON JELLY RECIPE - WHERE IS MY SPOON - FAMILY RECIPES ...
6 LEMON JELLY RECIPES | TARLADALAL.COM
LEMON JELLY/JALAPENO-LEMON JELLY | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
HOMEMADE LEMON JELLY RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
LEMON JELLY RECIPE FOR CANNING - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
PHILADELPHIA - RECIPE - LEMON JELLY CHEESECAKE
25 JELLY RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD