CUPCAKE RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
Go cupcake crazy and make all kinds of cute miniature bakes with fabulous frosting. We've got classic chocolate, quirky unicorn, lemon meringue and more...
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
COCONUT CUPCAKES RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Get a triple hit of coconut in these light and fluffy cupcakes, topped with whipped coconut cream and snowy desiccated coconut - a lovely gluten-free teatime treat
Provided by Edd Kimber
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Total Time 50 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Chill the can of coconut milk overnight. The next day, make the cakes. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Put the coconut oil and sugar in a large bowl and use an electric whisk to beat together for about 5 mins until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until fully combined before adding more. Working in three additions, add the flour, alternating with the coconut milk, then add the vanilla extract.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin using an ice cream scoop, then bake for 20-22 mins or until the cakes are golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- The whipped cream is best made within a few hours of serving. Open the can of coconut milk upside down and pour off the thin liquid. Scoop the thick coconut milk into a large bowl, add the icing sugar and the vanilla, and whisk for 2-3 mins until soft and fluffy. Spread or scoop the whipped cream onto the cupcakes and sprinkle with the desiccated coconut. Best stored in the fridge and eaten within a couple of days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388 calories, FatContent 21 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 18 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 45 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 31 grams sugar, FiberContent 1 grams fiber, ProteinContent 3 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.1 milligram of sodium
More about "icing ideas for cupcakes recipes"
CUPCAKE RECIPE - RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS - BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 350 calories per serving
- If wanting to colour, stir in the food colouring now. Spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
RED VELVET CUPCAKES RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 40 minutes
Category Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Calories 339 calories per serving
- Once the cakes are cool, use a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle to cover the cakes with the cream cheese icing, or dollop the icing on top using a spoon.
COOKIE ICING AND FROSTING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PUMPKIN SPICE CUPCAKES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BEST WHITE ICING EVER RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHOCOLATE CHIP ICING RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
RECIPES - HOMEMADE RECIPES | WILTON
BEST BUTTERCREAM ICING FOR PIPING CUPCAKES - THE WHOOT
CUPCAKE RECIPES - DESSERT RECIPES & IDEAS | WILTON