WHIPPED SHORTBREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
These whipped shortbread cookies melt in your mouth. Mostly I make them for the holidays, but I'll also prepare them year-round for wedding showers and afternoon teas. —Jane Ficiur, Bow Island, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 50 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 8 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Gradually add flour and cornstarch, beating until well blended. , With hands lightly dusted with additional cornstarch, roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press lightly with a floured fork. Top with nonpareils or cherry halves. , Bake at 300° until bottoms are lightly browned, 20-22 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87 calories, FatContent 6g fat (4g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 15mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 46mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
3-INGREDIENT SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Butter, sugar and Gold Medal™ flour are all you need for this quick and easy sugar cookie recipe. The best part? It's a make-ahead and make-it-your-own recipe. After you mix up the dough, shape it into a log and chill before cutting the cookie dough into slices for baking. Decorate the cookies by rolling them in holiday sprinkles before chilling, or drizzle an easy powdered sugar icing over sliced tops after baking. Either way, it makes the perfect holiday cookie. However you complete them, it's a buttery, tender cookie that melts in your mouth with every bite. With easy 3-Ingredient Sugar Cookies, you can save time and focus on the decorating fun.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total Time 4 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and granulated sugar with spoon until well mixed. Stir in flour until moistened, using hands to mix if needed (dough will be crumbly). Knead 5 to 10 times or until dough is smooth.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half into a log, 5 inches long by 2 inches in diameter.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the nonpareils or decorating sugar on plastic wrap; roll one log in nonpareils to cover. Repeat to cover remaining cookie log in nonpareils. Wrap dough logs tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate about 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unwrap 1 of the dough logs; cut into 1/2-inch slices. On ungreased cookie sheet, place slices 2 inches apart, reshaping if necessary.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Unwrap remaining dough log, and repeat slicing and baking. Cool completely, about 40 minutes.
- To make Powdered Sugar Icing Drizzle: In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of the milk until well blended. If too thick to drizzle, add additional milk, 1/4 teaspoon at a time. Tint with food color. Drizzle over tops of cooled cookies. Sprinkle with nonpareils or decorating sugar. Let stand about 1 hour or until drizzle is set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 , CarbohydrateContent 16 g, CholesterolContent 25 mg, FatContent 2 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 1 g, SaturatedFatContent 6 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, SodiumContent 75 mg, SugarContent 5 g, TransFatContent 0 g
More about "how to make nonpareils recipes"
DECORATED CHRISTMAS CUTOUT COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 47 calories per serving
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill until firm, 1 hour. , On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness. Cut out with Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks., Decorate cookies with frosting and colored sugars.
CHRISTMAS CHEX™ PARTY MIX RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 190 per serving
- In large serving bowl, mix coated cereal mixture and chocolate candies.
CREAM PUFFS RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 1 hours 55 minutes
Calories 370 per serving
- Make one of the fillings (directions below). Cut off top third of each puff and pull out any strands of soft dough. Fill puffs with filling; replace tops. Cover; refrigerate until serving. Store covered in refrigerator. Eggnog Fluff Filling: In large bowl, beat pudding mix, milk, rum extract, nutmeg and ginger with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Add whipping cream; beat on high speed 1 to 2 minutes or until soft peaks form. Fill puffs. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar or brush tops with light corn syrup and sprinkle with colored sugar or nonpareils. Peppermint Whipped Cream Filling: In large bowl, beat ingredients with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fill puffs. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
HOW TO MAKE CAKE POPS | AN EASY CAKE POP RECIPE
BIRTHDAY PARTY CHEX™ MIX
50 CUPCAKE RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS ...
SWIRLED GALAXY CUPCAKES - PILLSBURY BAKING
BIRTHDAY CAKE MUDDY BUDDIES™ - CHEX
10 BEST FLOUNDER RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET & SALTY NUTCRACKER CHEX™ MIX
30 EASY NO-BAKE DESSERTS - DESSERT RECIPES WITH NO BAKING
HOW TO MAKE CAKE POPS | AN EASY CAKE POP RECIPE
10 BEST BUNDT CAKE ICING RECIPES - YUMMLY