WHITE HOUSE APPLE CRISP RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
This is a Biden family favorite for the holidays. Chocolate chip ice cream is the President’s favorite, but feel free to use whatever flavor your family enjoys!
Provided by Food Network
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- For the filling: Preheat the oven to 345 degrees F.
- Peel, core and slice the apples to 1/4-inch thickness. Combine the apples, lemon zest and juice, brown and granulated sugars, cinnamon, salt, honey, vanilla and butter in a large pot. Cook on medium heat, gently stirring, until the apples are slightly tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix together the cornstarch and apple juice in a small bowl. Pour over the apple filling, stir together and cook until it comes to a boil. Pour the apple mixture into a lightly sprayed 8-cup casserole dish. Set aside.
- For the topping: Place the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Lightly stir together by hand. Pour in the honey and melted butter. Mix until incorporated. Sprinkle all over the apple filling.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the topping is golden all over and the filling has begun to bubble around the edges. Serve with chocolate chip ice cream on top if desired.
THE BEST APPLE PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Boost your apple pie with a buttery crust, pre-cooked apples and an incredible filling with cider, cinnamon and lemon juice. —Nick Iverson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 40 minutes
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 20
- For the crust, pulse flour, sugar and salt in a food processor until blended. Add butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. While processing, add just enough cold water to form moist crumbs. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight., For the filling, melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add apples and next 6 ingredients; stir to combine. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until apples have softened and released their juices, 10-12 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer apple slices to a 15x10-in. baking pan; spread into a single layer. Add cider to remaining liquid in Dutch oven and bring to a boil; cook until juices reduce to 1/2 cup, 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat; add lemon juice and vanilla extract. Pour over apple slices; cool completely. (Filling can be made 24 hours in advance and refrigerated.), On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a deep dish 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to within 1/2-in. of rim. Add filling. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Whisk together egg yolk and cream; brush top of pie. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Chill 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°. Adjust oven rack to lowest position; place foil on rack to catch any spills. , Bake pie 20 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling bubbly, 40-50 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557 calories, FatContent 30g fat (18g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 94mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 363mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 73g carbohydrate (43g sugars, FiberContent 5g fiber), ProteinContent 4g protein.
HONEYCRISP APPLE SALAD | THE COZY APRON
AUTUMN HARVEST HONEYCRISP APPLE AND FETA SALAD. - HALF ...
APPLE CRISP BARS RECIPE – IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE A KITCHEN
OUR ABSOLUTE BEST APPLE DESSERTS | TASTE OF HOME
THE EASIEST CINNAMON BAKED APPLE SLICES | JULIE BLANNER
FALL HARVEST HONEYCRISP APPLE AND KALE SALAD. - HALF BAKED ...
THE BEST APPLE CRISP RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH