GREEK LENTIL SOUP RECIPE - HEALTHY.FOOD.COM
Make and share this Greek Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil and saute garlic, celery, onions, and carrot until veggies are tender.
- Add the water, stock, and the rinsed lentils.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, along with the juice in the can, as well as the chopped herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Stir in the spinach and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes more.
- Re-check seasoning before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234, FatContent 2.8, SaturatedFatContent 0.5, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 518.4, CarbohydrateContent 38, FiberContent 17.6, SugarContent 4.7, ProteinContent 15.8
GREEK-STYLE LENTIL SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
This healthy, warming soup is a satisfying vegetarian recipe, but you can use chicken broth or add cooked meat if you like. —Mary E. Smith, Columbia, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 05 hours 20 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 05 hours 00 minutes
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place the water, broth, lentils, carrots, onion, celery and 1/2 teaspoon oregano in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until lentils are tender., Stir in the spinach, tomato sauce, olives, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano. Cook, covered, on low about 1 hour longer, until spinach is wilted. If desired, serve with red onion, parsley and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134 calories, FatContent 1g fat (0 saturated fat), CholesterolContent 0 cholesterol, SodiumContent 420mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, FiberContent 4g fiber), ProteinContent 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 1-1/2 starch
More about "greek lentil soup recipes"
FRENCH LENTIL SOUP RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- Transfer 2 cups soup (mostly solids) to blender and puree until smooth. Return puree to soup in pan; thin soup with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls, if too thick. Season with salt, pepper, and a splash of vinegar, if desired. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with celery leaves.
RED LENTIL, CHICKPEA & CHILLI SOUP RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 35 minutes
Category Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Soup
Calories 222 calories per serving
- Heat gently, season well and stir in a small bunch of chopped coriander, reserving a few leaves to serve. Finish with 4 tbsp 0% Greek yogurt and extra coriander leaves.
GREEK LENTIL SOUP (FAKES) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
AUTHENTIC GREEK LENTIL SOUP RECIPE — KARDAMAS
GREEK LENTIL SOUP RECIPE (FAKES SOUPA) - MY GREEK DISH
GREEK LENTIL SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
EASY GREEK RED LENTIL SOUP - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
GREEK LENTIL SOUP | FOODBYMARIA RECIPES
GREEK LENTIL SOUP - FAKES - THE GREEK FOODIE
PIONEER WOMAN LENTIL SOUP RECIPES
EASY LENTIL SOUP RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
LENTIL SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN LENTIL SOUP - 30 DAYS OF GREEK FOOD
CURRIED LENTIL SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LENTIL SOUP (SERIOUSLY AMAZING!) | RECIPETIN EATS
DELICIOUS GREEK LENTIL SALAD RECIPE WITH FETA CHEESE ...
810 SOUP RECIPES IDEAS | SOUP RECIPES, RECIPES, SOUP
EASY LENTIL SOUP RECIPE BY HEALTH COACH ELIZABETH RIDER
SOUP RECIPES | RECIPETIN EATS