BASIC CHINESE CONGEE RECIPE - TODD PORTER AND DIANE CU ...
Dress up this classic white rice porridge with your favorite savory toppings like bacon, chinese sausage or onions. Slideshow: One-Bowl Rice Recipes
Provided by Todd Porter and Diane Cu
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In large pot add stock, rice, salt and ginger. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Stir occasionally so that the rice doesn't clump or stick at the bottom.
- Simmer the congee for about 1 hour or until the congee is thickened and creamy. Add salt to taste. Serve the congee hot.
HOW TO MAKE CONGEE (RICE PORRIDGE) | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
- Wash the rice in advance and then soak with clean water for 30 minutes. Mix with 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable cooking oil or sesame oil. Set aside for 15 minutes. You can freeze the rice in the previous day.
- Bring the water to a boiling in a pot and then add the soaked rice. Heat until boiling again and slow down the fire and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- If you want the rice to be well broken, stir the porridge during cooking in one direction in the last 5 minutes.
- For savory congee
Nutrition Facts : Calories 509 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 77 g, ProteinContent 15 g, FatContent 5 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 30 mg, SodiumContent 1048 mg, FiberContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
More about "congee food recipes"
CONGEE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 3 hours 35 minutes
Category World Cuisine, Asian, Chinese
Cuisine Asian, Chinese
Calories 204.8 calories per serving
- Serve congee in bowls topped with pickled vegetables, roast pork, scallions, and peanuts. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon vinegar and soy sauce over toppings.
CHICKEN CONGEE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Calories 351 per serving
- Serve the congee with a sprinkling of soy sauce, spring onion and ginger and a few drops of sesame oil to taste.
CHICKEN CONGEE (??) | MADE WITH LAU
Total Time 60 minutes
- Turn off the heat, and pour the jook into your favorite bowl. Garnish with the green onions and cilantro.
RICE CONGEE SOUP (JOOK) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Calories 207 calories per serving
- Discard ginger piece. Remove turkey from soup; place on a cutting board or work surface. Cool 10 minutes. Remove skin from turkey; discard. Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Chop meat into bite-sized pieces, and stir meat into soup. Divide soup evenly among 6 bowls; garnish with green onions, parsley, julienne-cut ginger, and soy sauce, if desired.
FILIPINO-STYLE CONGEE (LUGAW) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 16 minutes
Category Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes, Soup Recipes, Chicken Soup Recipes, Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes
Calories 552.3 calories per serving
- Garnish bowls of congee with reserved fried garlic.
HOW TO MAKE CONGEE (CHINESE RICE PORRIDGE)
INSTANT POT CHICKEN CONGEE | TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
BASIC CONGEE RECIPE - CHINESE RICE PORRIDGE (JOOK/? ...
20-MINUTE CONGEE (?????) - THE WOKS OF LIFE
HOW TO MAKE CONGEE (RICE PORRIDGE) IN AN INSTANT POT ...
TOM YUM SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
TRADITIONAL CHINESE BREAKFAST FOODS
GINGER CHICKEN JOOK (RICE PORRIDGE) RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
INSTANT POT CONGEE RECIPE | KITCHN
30 DELICIOUS SAUSAGE RECIPES TO MASTER | FOOD & WINE
RECIPES - CANADA'S FOOD GUIDE
CHINA SICHUAN FOOD | CHINESE RECIPES AND EATING CULTURE
20 EASY CHINESE FOOD RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME