CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - NYT COOKING
You may have memorized the foolproof gem on the back of the Toll House bag, given to the world by Ruth Graves Wakefield in the 1930s. But this may become your new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s a little more complicated, and you’ll have to plan ahead: After assembling the dough, you must chill it for at least 24 hours before baking it, and preferably up to 36. This allows the dry ingredients time to soak up the wet ones, which results in a firmer dough. It leads to a marvelously chewy, chocolate-rich cookie. Don’t skimp on good chocolate, and the sea salt is not an option — it’s the beacon at the top of this gorgeous treat. (You can certainly put this recipe together by hand, but a stand mixer makes it easy work. If you’re in the market for one, our colleagues at The Sweethome have tested quite a few, and they've put together an excellent guide to the best.)
Provided by David Leite
Total Time 45 minutes
Yield 1 1/2 dozen 5-inch cookies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
- Scoop 6 3 1/2-ounce mounds of dough (the size of generous golf balls) onto baking sheet, making sure to turn horizontally any chocolate pieces that are poking up; it will make for a more attractive cookie. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day. Eat warm, with a big napkin.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 399, UnsaturatedFatContent 6 grams, CarbohydrateContent 67 grams, FatContent 18 grams, FiberContent 12 grams, ProteinContent 10 grams, SaturatedFatContent 11 grams, SodiumContent 254 milligrams, SugarContent 29 grams, TransFatContent 1 gram
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
Indulge in the ultimate sweet treat on your next tea break: homemade chocolate chip cookies. They pair perfectly with a cuppa or glass of milk.
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
More about "chocolate chip vegan cookies recipes"
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 104.2 per serving
- Drop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies remain on the cookie sheets for about 3 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 27 minutes
Category Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Calories 221 calories per serving
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a couple of baking sheets with baking parchment, then scoop or roll plum-sized balls of the dough and place them on the baking sheets about 2cm apart. Flatten ever so slightly and sprinkle with a bit more flaky salt if you want. Cook on the middle shelf for 12-15 mins, turning the tray once, until the cookies have spread and are golden but still soft in the middle. Leave to cool slightly, then lift the cookies onto a cooling rack while you bake another batch. Will keep in a biscuit jar for up to 3 days.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
PERFECT PALEO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (VEGAN / KETO OPTIONS ...
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE - WIKIPEDIA
TINA'S SHORTBREAD CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWS…