CHAR SIU (CHINESE BBQ PORK) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
"Char siu" literally means "fork roast" - "char" being "fork" (both noun and verb) and "siu" being "roast" - after the traditional cooking method for the dish: long strips of seasoned boneless pork are skewered with long forks and placed in a covered oven or over a fire. This is best cooked over charcoal, but it's important to cook with indirect heat.
Provided by David&Andrea
Categories World Cuisine Asian Chinese
Total Time 3 hours 40 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut pork with the grain into strips 1 1/2- to 2-inches long; put into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Stir soy sauce, honey, ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine, hoisin sauce, red food coloring or red bean curd (see Cook's Note), and Chinese five-spice powder together in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until just combined and slightly warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the marinade into the bag with the pork, squeeze air from the bag, and seal. Turn bag a few times to coat all pork pieces in marinade.
- Marinate pork in refrigerator, 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove pork from marinade and shake to remove excess liquid. Discard remaining marinade.
- Cook pork on preheated grill for 20 minutes. Put a small container of water onto the grill and continue cooking, turning the pork regularly, until cooked through, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 53.5 g, CholesterolContent 126.7 mg, FatContent 8.9 g, FiberContent 0.6 g, ProteinContent 43.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.1 g, SodiumContent 2249.8 mg, SugarContent 48.3 g
CHINESE BBQ PORK RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Make and share this Chinese BBQ Pork recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 1 hours 35 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large container, combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the pork into long 1 1/2" round pieces.
- Marinate pork in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 360°F
- Using a baking tray, place aluminum foil on the tray and place pork pieces on top of the aluminum.
- Cook for pork 45 minutes.
- Turn pieces over and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from oven and cut into 1/8 slices. Serve with sesame seed and mustard.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.2, FatContent 11.1, SaturatedFatContent 3.9, CholesterolContent 97.5, SodiumContent 475.1, CarbohydrateContent 12.1, FiberContent 0.7, SugarContent 8.8, ProteinContent 33.9
More about "chinese bbq pork recipes recipes"
CHINESE BARBECUED PORK RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 55 minutes
Calories 139.4 per serving
- Let meat rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
CHINESE BBQ PORK RECIPE - CHINESE.FOOD.COM
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Calories 408.7 per serving
- Tip: sauce is very good. Consider making extra and serve with rice.
CHAR SIU (??) - CHINESE BBQ PORK | MADE WITH LAU
Total Time 80 minutes
- Once the char siu has finished its last cycle in the oven, we'll lather each side with our diluted honey.
CHINESE-BARBECUED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 175.9 per serving
- Place pork on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; insert a meat thermometer into thickest portion of tenderloin. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Combine hoisin, orange juice, and sesame oil in a small bowl, brush over tenderloin. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 degrees (slightly pink).
CHINESE BARBECUED PORK | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
35 IDEAS FOR CHINESE BBQ PORK RECIPES - BEST RECIPES IDEAS ...
CHINESE BBQ PORK (CHAR SIU) BY JULIE MADDEN RECIPE ...
CHINESE BARBECUED PORK | SARA MOULTON
CHINESE BBQ PORK (BEST AND AUTHENTIC RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
CHAR SIU PORK (CHINESE BBQ PORK) | RECIPETIN EATS
CHAR SIU (CHINESE BBQ PORK), RESTAURANT-STYLE - THE WOKS ...
CHINESE BBQ PORK RECIPE - FLAVORITE
CHINESE BBQ PORK - A FAMILY FEAST®
CHINESE BBQ PORK TENDERLOIN | EASY PORK RECIPE | MANTITLEMENT
CHINESE BBQ PORK RED DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE - IMAGE OF FOOD ...
OVEN BAKED CHINESE BBQ PORK - BUTTER YOUR BISCUIT
CHAR SIU RECIPE (CHINESE BBQ PORK) - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
CHINESE BBQ PORK RIB RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
CHINESE BBQ PORK RECIPE - CHAR SIU | CHINESE RECIPE