INDIAN TOMATO CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Chicken pieces coated with many fragrant spices like turmeric, cardamom and cloves, then simmered in a tomato sauce. This dish is a family favorite. I have also taken it to potlucks and served it to guests in my home. Everyone asks for the recipe. It is a great slow cooker meal, too.
Provided by SHECOOKS2
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and process into a paste. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add onion paste and saute, stirring continuously, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and nutmeg. Saute, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Place chicken pieces in skillet and stir them around with the spice mixture until they are well coated.
- Saute for another 4 minutes, then pour in the tomatoes with liquid and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 to 2 hours, or until the oil has separated from the liquid. Stir occasionally. (Note: If you simmer uncovered, the sauce will thicken; add water, or keep covered while simmering.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 6.9 g, CholesterolContent 57.3 mg, FatContent 5.4 g, FiberContent 1.6 g, ProteinContent 14.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.1 g, SodiumContent 546.9 mg, SugarContent 2.8 g
EASY CURRY PASTE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
My easy curry paste recipes for making a mean korma, jalfrezi, rogan josh, tikka masala and vindaloo
Number Of Ingredients 63
- To make any of the above curry pastes, first peel the garlic and ginger. Put a frying pan on a medium to high heat and add the spices for toasting to the dry pan. Lightly toast them for a few minutes until golden brown and smelling delicious, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the toasted spices to a pestle and mortar and grind until fine, or put them into a food processor and whiz to a powder. Either way, when you’ve ground them whiz the toasted spices in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and ½ a teaspoon of sea salt until you have a smooth paste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 calories, FatContent 0 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 0 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 0 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 0 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 0 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0 g fibre
More about "chicken and tomato paste recipes recipes"
TOMATO SOUP & BASIL | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER ...
Total Time 25 minutes
Cuisine https://schema.org/LowLactoseDiet, https://schema.org/GlutenFreeDiet, https://schema.org/VeganDiet, https://schema.org/VegetarianDiet
Calories 225 calories per serving
- To make the basil oil, pick the basil leaves and finely chop the stalks. Put a few leaves in a bowl of cold water for later, then place the rest in a pestle and mortar. Add a pinch of sea salt and bash the basil leaves until they have broken down into a dark green paste. Transfer the paste to a jug and add your extra virgin olive oil. Mix together well.
- To make the soup, add a lug of olive oil to your biggest pan over a medium heat. Peel and slice the garlic and add to the pan with the basil stalks. Fry for about a minute then add all the tomatoes. Stir in 150ml of water and bring to the boil. Reduce to a medium heat and let the tomatoes cook for 5 minutes until they are slightly broken down. If your tomatoes are nice and ripe they’ll be naturally sweet and soft, which means you won’t need to cook the soup for too long.
- Remove the soup from the heat, add a splash of red wine vinegar then carefully blitz with a hand blender until you get a consistency that’s to your liking.
- Serve in warm bowls with a spoonful of bright green basil oil swirled on top and sprinkled with the reserved basil leaves. You can even eat any leftovers cold from the fridge for a really fresh, light soup.
CHICKEN AND TOMATO PASTA BAKE | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE TOMATO PASTE | ALLRECIPES
32 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH JUST A LITTLE BIT OF TOMATO PASTE
CHICKEN AFRITADA (FILIPINO CHICKEN IN TOMATO SAUCE) - SALU ...
ITALIAN CHICKEN TOMATO SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
37 BEST CHICKEN LEG RECIPES AND DRUMSTICK RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
CHICKEN VINDALOO RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
TOMATO PURÉE VS. TOMATO PASTE: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE ...
13 BEST CHICKEN FILLET RECIPES | POPULAR CHICKEN RECIPES ...
KADAI CHICKEN RECIPE | CHICKEN KARAHI - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
THESE ARE THE BEST TOMATO PASTE SUBSTITUTES | TASTE OF HOME
27 BEST CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES FROM SCRATCH | RECIPES ...
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE | AARTI SEQUEIRA | FOOD NETWORK
40 CHICKEN BROTH RECIPES | MYRECIPES
SUBSTITUTE TOMATO PASTE FOR TOMATO SAUCE
EASY CHICKEN RECIPES - BBC FOOD