CHICKEN AND SPINACH RAVIOLI RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
A delicious combination of chicken and spinach make a wonderful Italian meal. Make sure to have plenty of freshly grated Asiago cheese to top these ravioli.
Provided by JCBanks
Total Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, water, 2 cups flour, and salt. Gradually mix in the remaining flour until smooth. Divide dough into 2 parts. Cover, and set aside in the refrigerator 20 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground chicken until evenly brown; drain.
- In a food processor, mix the chicken, spinach, and onion. Transfer to a bowl, and mix with butter, 3 tablespoons Asiago cheese, salt, garlic powder, nutmeg, and pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each part of the dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 2 inch squares. Place about 1 teaspoon of the chicken mixture in the center of 1/2 the squares, and top with remaining squares. Seal the edges of the squares with a moistened fork to form the ravioli.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook the ravioli in small batches for about 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
- Place the marinara sauce in a saucepan, and cook until heated through. Serve ravioli topped with marinara sauce and remaining Asiago cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 621.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 102.4 g, CholesterolContent 147.8 mg, FatContent 15.3 g, FiberContent 7.4 g, ProteinContent 19.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.8 g, SodiumContent 1345.8 mg, SugarContent 16.7 g
AMAZING RAVIOLI | JAMIE OLIVER STUFFED PASTA RECIPES
For me, this is both a pleasure to eat and a ritual to embrace – surrounding a wonderful filling with elegant, delicate pasta is definitely a skill worth learning. It’s an incredible little parcel of deliciousness, and compared to the ravioli we grew up with, this filling of bitter-sweet chicory, melty cheese and potato is an absolute taste explosion for the palate.
Total Time 2 hours 45 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Start by making the Royal pasta dough. While it rests, make the filling.
- Trim and quarter the radicchio, peel the onion and slice into eighths, then place in a small roasting tray. Pour over the balsamic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, toss to coat, then strip over half the thyme leaves, reserving any pretty tips.
- Cover with a sheet of wet scrunched-up greaseproof paper and roast for 1 hour.
- Prick the potatoes and dry-roast in a separate tray alongside until cooked through, then remove. Once cool enough to handle, scoop the potatoes out of their skins and mash the insides in a bowl.
- Finely chop the radicchio and onion, then stir into the potato with 1 tablespoon of the balsamic juices from the tray. Finely grate in most of the Parmesan and all the fontina, mix well, then season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper. Leave to cool completely.
- On a clean flour-dusted surface, roll out the pasta dough so it’s 1mm thick and roughly 16cm wide (the width of a standard pasta machine).
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of filling evenly down the pasta strips, slightly off centre, leaving a 5cm gap between each. Brush the exposed pasta lightly with water and fold the sheets in half over the filling.
- Gently seal around the filling, pushing out the air – you can cut them into 8cm circles with a pastry cutter or into squares with a knife. Place them on a semolina-dusted tray as you go – you’ll get about 18 ravioli in total.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a large frying pan on a medium heat until golden, then lightly bash and tip into a bowl.
- Cook the ravioli two portions at a time in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the frying pan back on a low heat and add a splash of olive oil, a third of the butter, and a third of the remaining thyme leaves and tips. Fry until golden, then remove from the heat.
- Scoop the pasta straight into the buttery sauce, bringing some starchy cooking water with it, add a fine grating of Parmesan, toss gently, then spoon on to warmed plates.
- Finish each portion with a scattering of hazelnuts, a little extra virgin olive oil, some extra Parmesan and a few small drips of the balsamic juices, if you like. Serve up to your first lucky guests, while you crack on with the next two portions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479 calories, FatContent 32.5 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 10.9 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 15.5 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 32.1 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 8 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.5 g salt, FiberContent 2.6 g fibre
More about "chicken and ravioli recipes"
RAVIOLI LASAGNE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 1 hours 25 minutes
Category Dinner, Lunch
Calories 789 calories per serving
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spoon a third of the sauce into a medium baking dish (about 18 x 20cm). Top with a third of the spinach and a third of the ravioli, then scatter over some of the cheese. Repeat the layers twice, making sure the final layer of ravioli is nestled into the sauce. Bake for 35-40 mins until bubbling and hot all the way through. Cover if the top starts to get too dark. Will keep in the freezer for up to two months.
RAVIOLI APPETIZER POPS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 30 minutes
Cuisine Europe, Italian
Calories 32 calories per serving
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and seasonings. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip ravioli in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere., In a large electric or cast-iron skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with cheese if desired. Carefully insert a lollipop stick into the back of each ravioli. Serve warm with marinara sauce and pesto.
RAVIOLI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
60+ EASY SHREDDED CHICKEN RECIPES | MYRECIPES
30 CHICKEN PASTA RECIPES | MYRECIPES
HOMEMADE CHICKEN RAVIOLI RECIPE | A WICKED WHISK
10 BEST RAVIOLI FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
ULTRA CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
18 DELICIOUS STUFFED PASTA RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
ITALIAN CHICKEN RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN AND TURKEY RECIPES - FOSTER FARMS
10 BEST RECIPES THAT START WITH FROZEN RAVIOLI | ALLRECIPES