JELLY ROLL CAKE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Soft, sweet, and full of jam, this sponge cake is easy to roll and makes for a simple yet impressive dessert!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15x10x1 -inch pan with waxed paper, foil or cooking parchment paper; generously grease waxed paper or foil with shortening.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until very thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in granulated sugar. Beat in water and vanilla on low speed. Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, beating just until batter is smooth. Pour into pan, spreading to corners.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately loosen cake from sides of pan and turn upside down onto towel generously sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully remove paper. Trim off stiff edges of cake if necessary. While cake ¡s hot, carefully roll cake and towel from narrow end. Cool on cooling rack at least 30 minutes.
- Unroll cake and remove towel. Beat jelly slightly with fork to soften; spread over cake. Roll up cake. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200 , CarbohydrateContent 42 g, CholesterolContent 65 mg, FatContent 0 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 3 g, SaturatedFatContent 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 135 mg, SugarContent 31 g, TransFatContent 0 g
CARROT CAKE ROLL RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
It's carrot cake...rolled up and totally transportable! And it looks good too. Everyone loves it when I make it.
Provided by SaraSunshine
Categories Desserts Fruit Desserts Pineapple Dessert Recipes
Total Time 2 hours 5 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 1 cake roll
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add carrot and pineapple.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Pour in egg mixture; mix until it comes together. Spread batter on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Spread cream cheese filling evenly over the cooled cake. Sprinkle walnuts on top of filling.
- Run a spatula under the cake to loosen from the parchment paper. Grab the paper from one end and start rolling, pulling the paper away as you do. Roll up and refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 49.7 g, CholesterolContent 80.4 mg, FatContent 17.3 g, FiberContent 1.9 g, ProteinContent 6.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.2 g, SodiumContent 262.5 mg, SugarContent 36.7 g
More about "cake roll ideas recipes"
CHOCOLATE SWISS ROLL CAKE - THE PIONEER WOMAN – RECIPES ...
Total Time 35 minutes
Category dessert, main dish
- To make the chocolate cake, preheat the oven to 425ºF. Place a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat on a 17x12 sheet pan, and rub butter on it to grease.In a large bowl, whisk to combine the cocoa powder, flour, and salt.Bring an inch of water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Combine the eggs and sugar in a heatproof glass bowl, then place over the simmering water (make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl). Using a hand mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together over medium speed for about two minutes, until the eggs are thick, pale yellow, and warm to the touch (if you have a thermometer, you want the eggs to be about 120ºF. If you don’t have a thermometer, just touch the mixture with your finger every once in a while until it feels like hot tap water). Remove the egg bowl from the heat and continue beating at medium high speed for another 3 minutes, until it’s thick and airy, and has reached the ribbon stage. That means when you drag and drizzle a spoonful of the liquid, it shouldn’t settle back into the liquid for a good 5–10 seconds. Mix in the melted butter.Add the dry ingredients to the mixture, and gently fold it into the eggs with a spatula, working quickly. Spread the batter onto the buttered parchment or silicone mat, leaving an inch from the edges. Bake the cake for 5–6 minutes, until springy to the touch.Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface and sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder. Flip the cake onto the parchment, then remove the parchment or silicone mat that the cake baked on. Gently roll the cake up into a log while it’s still warm. This is like muscle memory for the cake, and it will roll easier again later.To make the filling, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl, and whip with a hand mixer to stiff peaks, about 5 minutes on medium speed. Unroll the cooled cake, then spread the cream all over, leave a 1-inch border around all edges. Roll the cake up gently (leaving the parchment paper behind), then place on a wire rack.To make the chocolate ganache, microwave the cream and chocolate in a heatproof bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each time, until combined. Add the tablespoon of milk, which will give a more pourable consistency. Pour the chocolate ganache evenly over the cake, then refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving, so the ganache can firm up.The cake is now ready to be sliced and served. Enjoy!
FAST N' EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE ROLL RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 208.2 per serving
- I add some chopped chocolate bits to the cool whip sometimes for a change.
HALLOWEEN CAKE ROLL | READY SET EAT
Total Time 100 minutes
Calories 426 per serving
- Microwave remaining chocolate frosting 30 seconds; stir. Frosting should be fluid but not melted. If needed, microwave in 10-second increments until fluid. Pour frosting over Swiss roll. Decorate with sprinkles and cake ball monsters. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Slice Halloween cake roll and serve!
20 OF OUR BEST CAKE ROLL RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
OVER 30 CAKE ROLL RECIPES - CRAZY FOR CRUST
10 BEST CAKE ROLL FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAKE ROLL RECIPES - SWISS, CHOCOLATE, GERMAN & MORE ...
10 DELICIOUS CAKE ROLL RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY - ROLL CAKE ...
140 CAKE ROLL RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | CAKE ROLL, CAKE ROLL ...
170 CAKE ROLLS IDEAS | CAKE ROLL, CUPCAKE CAKES, ROLL CAKE
CAKE ROLL RECIPES - ROLLED CAKES
HOW TO MAKE A CAKE ROLL | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
52 CAKE ROLL RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | CAKE ROLL RECIPES ...
CHOCOLATE CAKE ROLL (SWISS ROLL) - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CHRISTMAS CAKE ROLL - CRAZY FOR CRUST
SWISS ROLL RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
98 BEST ROULADE RECIPE IDEAS | CAKE ROLL, DESSERTS ...
CAKE ROLL RECIPES CHOCOLATE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SIMPLE JELLY ROLL RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET