MASHED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Mashed squash makes a versatile side dish throughout the fall and winter, since it goes with just about everything. It’s perfect with roasted meats like duck, chicken or pork loin. Don’t mash too much though — leave it on the chunky side.
Provided by David Tanis
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put squash cubes in a shallow, wide baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and toss with hands to coat. Pour water in, to a depth of about 1 inch. Dot surface with butter and cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake, covered, until squash is tender, about 1 hour. Crush squash to a rough consistency with a potato masher or wooden spoon. Stir to incorporate cooking juices and check seasoning. May be prepared ahead and reheated.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 206, UnsaturatedFatContent 4 grams, CarbohydrateContent 27 grams, FatContent 12 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 2 grams, SaturatedFatContent 7 grams, SodiumContent 562 milligrams, SugarContent 5 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
RED BEANS AND RICE – INSTANT POT RECIPES
Provided by Chop Secrets
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 90 minutes
Yield 8 - 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Add Pot Mixture ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- buttons and program the Instant Pot for 25 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure. Run the lid under cold water and set aside. This will help the Instant Pot to come to pressure more quickly in the next step.
- Add the sliced sausage and stir to combine. Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- buttons and program the Instant Pot for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release until the pin drops (typically 20-25 minutes).
- Remove the lid, then using the display panel select the SAUTE function. Add butter. Cook and and stir until incorporated and slightly thickened.
- Use a potato masher or immersion blender to break up some of the beans to achieve desired consistency, keeping in mind the mixture will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.
10 BEST CHICKEN WILD RICE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTION OF VEGETARIAN RECIPES
RECIPES - WHOLE FOODS MARKET
MEDITERRANEAN STUFFED BUTTERNUT SQUASH FROM @TINAKASHIAN1 ...
30+ BEST DELICATA SQUASH RECIPES - HOW TO COOK DELICATA SQUASH
10 BEST PHEASANT BREAST RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST HAMBURGER RICE CASSEROLE RECIPES - YUMMLY
CASSEROLE RECIPES - GREEN BEAN & MORE FOR MAIN DISH OR ...
61 HEALTHY PALEO CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR AN EASY MEAL ...
RECIPES | MINUTE® RICE
31 BEST ACORN SQUASH RECIPES | IDEAS FOR COOKING WITH ...
TURKEY CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
IF YOU'VE NEVER HAD BUTTERCUP SQUASH, YOU'RE MISSING OUT ...
DAIRY-FREE CASSEROLE RECIPES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS