ALMOST-FAMOUS BLOOMIN' ONION RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Outback Steakhouse serves 40,000 Bloomin’ Onions every day — that’s about 62 million calories’ worth of the chain’s famous appetizer: a giant onion that’s cut to resemble a flower and deep-fried. Many readers, including Sue Rogers from Tomball, TX, wrote to us for the recipe, but only three people at the company know it, and none of them will give it up. So, chefs in Food Network Kitchens fried onions until they nailed the zesty coating — and the secret dipping sauce.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Combine all of the dip ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Slice the onion (see Cook's Note). Whisk the flour, cayenne, paprika, thyme, oregano, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a bowl. In a small deep bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and 1 cup water.
- Place the onion in a separate bowl, cut-side up, and pour all of the flour mixture on top. Cover the bowl with a plate, then shake back and forth to distribute the flour. Check to make sure the onion is fully coated, especially between the "petals." Lift the onion by the core, turn over and pat off the excess flour; reserve the bowl of flour.
- Using a slotted spoon, fully submerge the onion in the egg mixture (spoon on top, if necessary). Remove and let the excess egg drip off, then repeat the flouring process. Refrigerate the onion while you heat the oil.
- Fill a large deep pot with at least 3 inches of the oil, leaving 2 inches of space at the top. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 400 degrees. Pat off excess flour from the onion. Using a wire skimmer, carefully lower the onion into the oil, cut-side down. Adjust the heat so the oil temperature stays close to 350 degrees. Fry about 3 minutes, then turn the onion over and cook until golden, about 3 more minutes; drain on paper towels. Season with salt and serve with the dip.
TOP SECRET RECIPES | POPEYES SPICY MAYONNAISE
The ridiculously popular crispy chicken sandwich at Popeyes comes with your choice of regular mayonnaise or kicked-up spicy mayonnaise. Fortunately, I was able to hack the sandwich before it sold out just a couple weeks after its debut (get the recipe here), but that recipe includes just plain mayonnaise. Recently I had the chance to hack the secret spicy mayonnaise, and I’m glad I did. Popeyes chicken sandwich with regular mayonnaise is crazy good, but with spicy mayonnaise, that sandwich is great. You can use this sauce on a variety of sandwiches and burgers, or as a dip for chicken fingers, nuggets, and fried shrimp. Check out my other Popeyes clone recipes for their famous red beans and rice, buttermilk biscuits and fried chicken.
Provided by Todd Wilbur
Total Time 20 minutes0S
Prep Time 5 minutes0S
Cook Time 15 minutes0S
Number Of Ingredients 8
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE BLOOMIN ONION - COPYKAT RECIPES
BLOOMING ONION AND DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
AIR FRYER BLOOMING ONION | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
ONION RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
BLOOMING ONION RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
AIR FRIED BLOOMING ONION - THE SUGAR FREE DIVA HOW TO
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE COPYCAT RECIPES | TOP SECRET RECIPES
CHEESE BREAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CHEESE BREAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CHEFMAN AIR FRYER RECIPES FREE
7 FOODS YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY EAT BEFORE ... - NUTRITION TIPS
AMAZON.COM: ARIA 30 QT. TOUCHSCREEN TOASTER OVEN WIT…
11 FOODS YOU SHOULD NEVER ORDER AT A ... - NUTRITION TIPS
WAWA MENU PRICES | ALL MENU PRICE
2021 EPCOT FLOWER AND GARDEN ... - THE DISNEY FOOD BLOG
THEMBAY – BEST WP THEMES 2021 – OPTIMIZED MOBILE ELEME…
NEVERMOOR: THE TRIALS OF MORRIGAN CROW AUDIOBOOK DOW…