CHINESE BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Sharing today, Chinese takeout-style Chicken stir-fry with homemade black pepper sauce and not-fried but moist silken-ed chicken that just melts in mouth!
Chinese Black Pepper Chicken is by far one of our favorite take-out chicken from Panda Express. This is one such Asian chicken stir-fry that is not sweet, has silky moist chicken, and subtle peppery bite. In one sentence, if you like black pepper and fan of Asian flavors then this recipe is for you!
Whenever we eat out Chinese, specially a quick one such as Panda Express... no matter how much Vishal adores their orange chicken, he will always ask for a side of black pepper chicken in panda bowl. Few years ago, I started messing with these flavor at home. Now a days, we often make black pepper chicken at home! Actually, I even use the black pepper sauce to make some vegetarian black pepper tofu too!
So, today I thought to share with you this skinny, delicious, and ready in 20 minutes Chicken Takeout dinner!
Get ready some rice, and let's get cooking!
What is Silken Chicken
You know the best part? In Black Pepper Chicken, chicken is not deep fried rather marinated and pouched which is called "silken-ed" in Asian cuisine. It takes almost same time as battered and fried chicken (staple Chinese take-out cooking technique) but chicken comes out super moist.. almost soft like silk. I think that's why the name.
To make Silken chicken, I marinate the chicken in easy-to-find pantry ingredients such as soy sauce, egg white, corn starch and some seasoning. After a brief marination, I pouch the chicken in hot boiling water which seals the egg-based marinade onto the chicken, in 10-12 minutes chicken pieces look like silk and are silk moist tender.
You can ready one batch of chicken over the weekend and then use it for any kind of stir-fry you like. This is a low-calorie yet delicious way cooking chicken for all-purpose use.
Once the chicken is ready, Black Pepper Chicken is ready in a breeze. I saute red onion and celery until these are crisp and crunchy, then add chicken and black pepper sauce. Let the flavors mingle for a while and..
Voila!! Chinese Black Pepper chicken is ready to be devoured.
I did not plan this recipe for today but I decided to post it for one of my follower who seems to really love my Chinese-style Chicken recipes like Sweet and Sour Chicken. Hence, posting little late today. I'm sure I will catch up with my friends who did not see a recipe on the blog this morning. :)
Oh, this makes me ask you, which one of my recipe is your favorite? I would love to hear your thoughts on that. Leave a comment below and let me know.
Provided by Savita
Total Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 3-4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Mix all silken chicken marinade ingredients - egg white, starch, 1 tbsp oil, salt, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl. Add small cubed chicken and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Or at-least 20 minutes while you prep the rest of ingredients.
- In meantime, in a small bowl, add black pepper sauce ingredients - soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, corn starch, and 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper (adjust per taste). Whisk well and set aside.
- Slice veggies - scallion, garlic, celery, onion and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water (2-3 inch water) to rolling boil. Add marinated chicken with slotted spoon (so as leave behind marinade) and pouch for 4-6 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked).
- After 3-4 minutes, take a piece and check for done-ness. Chicken should not be pink inside. Continue until full cooked.
- Transfer chicken to a paper-lined bowl and set aside. Discard the poaching water and also discard the chicken marinade.
- In saute pan, heat 1 tbsp oil until shimmering hot. Add onion, half of scallions, and celery. Saute for 1 minute or until crisp tender.
- Add cooked chicken and black pepper chicken sauce. Cook chicken and veggies in sauce for 1 minute or until sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat. Sprinkle more black peppers (per taste) and remaining scallions.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN STIR-FRY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
I just love this chicken stir-fry recipe, and the aroma is out of this world! The dish is slightly sweet and very peppery, so you may want to serve it over white or brown rice to tame the heat. —Barbie Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place cornstarch in a large bowl. Add chicken in batches; tossing to coat. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes. Remove and keep warm., Stir-fry onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Top with cilantro and green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324 calories, FatContent 18g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 76mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 832mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 23g protein.
More about "black pepper image recipes"
CHICKEN CHOP WITH BLACK PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
Total Time 9000S
Category Weeknight Dinners, Pack for Lunch, Shellfish-Free, Meal Plan, Full Meal, Egg-Free, Fridge, Stove, Peanut-Free, Tree Nut-Free, Ginger
Calories 48 calories per serving
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, then serve right away. Enjoy!
10 BEST MAKE BLACK PEPPER SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PANDA EXPRESS BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE - COPYCAT RECIPE
BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN - GIMME SOME OVEN
BLACK PEPPERS GUIDE: DRAMATIC LOOKS ALL AROUND - PEPPERSCALE
100,000+ BEST BLACK PEPPER PHOTOS · 100% FREE DOWNLOAD · PEXELS STOCK PHOTOS
346,792 BLACK PEPPER STOCK PHOTOS AND IMAGES - 123RF
BLACK PEPPER - WIKIPEDIA
BLACK PEPPER STOCK PHOTO IMAGES. 156,536 BLACK PEPPER ROYALTY FREE PICTURES AND PHOTOS AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM THOUSANDS OF STOCK PHOTOGRAPHERS.
BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN STIR-FRY (????) - RED HOUSE SPICE
BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN (BEST STIR-FRY RECIPE) - RASA MALAYSIA
BLACK PEPPER BENEFITS, USES, NUTRITION AND RECIPES - DR. AXE
BLACK PEPPERS GUIDE: DRAMATIC LOOKS ALL AROUND - PEPPERSCALE
BLACK AND PEPPER STOCK PHOTOS, PICTURES & ROYALTY-FREE IMAGES - ISTOCK
HOW TO MAKE PEPPER CHICKEN: 12 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
TARALLI WITH PEPPER: THE NEAPOLITAN RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
BLACK PEPPER MARKET - GLOBAL INDUSTRY ANALYSIS, SIZE AND FORECAST, 2016 TO 2026