BLACK BUN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by MyRecipes
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Combine 2 cups flour and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle cold water evenly over surface; stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Shape into a ball; chill.
- Divide dough into 3 portions. Combine 2 portions of pastry and roll to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured board; fit into a greased 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine raisins, currants, and almonds in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Combine remaining 2 cups flour, sugar, cream of tartar, baking powder, spices, and pepper; mix well. Add to raisin mixture, stirring well. Add milk and brandy; stirring well. Spoon filling into prepared pastry-lined loaf pan.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8- inch thickness; carefully place over filling, leaving a 1-inch overhang around edge of loaf pan. Seal edges and flute; cut slits in top. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 225° for 3 hours or until lightly browned. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; place on a wire rack, and let cool completely
TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH BLACK BUN - 500,000+ RECIPES, MEAL ...
"This is a traditional Scottish Hogmanay cake that needs to be made some weeks before the year end as it needs time to mature. Wrap in clingfilm then aluminium foil and store in an airtight container till needed."
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 22
- "Grease an 8-inch loaf tin. Rub the fats into the flour and salt and then mix in enough cold water to make a stiff dough which will be used to line the tin. Roll out the pastry and cut into six pieces sized to fit the bottom, top and four sides of the tin as a rough guide. Press the bottom and four side pieces into the tin, pressing the overlaps to seal the pastry shell. Mix the raisins, currants, almonds, peel and sugar together. Sift in the flour, add all the spices and baking powder, then bind them together using the brandy and most of the egg. Adding enough milk to moisten. Place all the filling into the lined tin finally adding the pastry lid, pinching the edges and using milk or egg to seal really well. Lightly prick the surface with a fork and make four holes to the bottom of the tin with a skewer. Brush the top with milk or the rest of the egg to create a glaze. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 325F/160C/Gas Mark 3 for 2? to 3 hours. Test with a skewer which should come out clean; if not, continue cooking. Cool in the tin and then turn onto a wire rack. Cool thoroughly before storing until Hogmanay"
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281 calories, FatContent 9.69621225 g, CarbohydrateContent 45.37680175 g, CholesterolContent 23.595 mg, FiberContent 2.83217255398482 g, ProteinContent 4.6009775 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.05080075 g, ServingSize 1 1 Serving (93g), SodiumContent 51.37105 mg, SugarContent 42.5446291960152 g, TransFatContent 0.7078823 g
More about "black buns recipes"
SCOTTISH BLACK BUN RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
Cuisine British recipes
Calories 361kcals per serving
- Remove the black bun from the tin, then cut into slices to serve.
STEAKHOUSE BLACK BREAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 3 hours 10 minutes
Category Bread, Yeast Bread Recipes, Whole Grain Bread Recipes, Rye Bread
Calories 219.8 calories per serving
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven for rolls, or 35 minutes for a loaf, or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
BLACK BUNS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
BLACK BUN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BLACK BUN RECIPE - THE SCOTS MAGAZINE
BLACK BUN - BAKING WITH GRANNY
BLACK BURGER BUNS RECIPE - THE EASIEST WAY TO IMPRESS YOUR ...
BLACK BUN - BAKING WITH GRANNY
BLACK BUN RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
BEST BLACK SESAME BUNS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE STEAMED SESAME ...
TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH RECIPES - BLACK BUN
BLACK BRIOCHE BUNS USING ACTIVATED CHARCOAL - LAVENDER AND ...
BLACK SESAME STEAMED BUNS - ONE HAPPY BITE
A HISTORY OF THE BLACK BUN, INCLUDING A RECIPE FOR MAKING ...
BLACK BEAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPE: BLACK AND DECKER BREAD MACHINE DINNER ROLLS ...
BAKE FOR HAPPY KIDS: THE BEST BLACK SESAME STEAMED BUNS ...
BEAUTIFUL BURGER BUNS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
BREAD MACHINE CINNAMON BUNS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BLACK AND DECKER BREAD MACHINE RECIPES PDF