BAGEL RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
Make a batch of homemade bagels for a hearty breakfast or lunch. Or use ready-made versions of these bread rings to make scrumptious sandwiches and toasties.
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 1
BAKED BAGEL EGG-IN-THE-HOLE RECIPE | REE ... - FOOD NETWORK
- For the baked bagel egg-in-the-hole: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush the parchment with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Using a 2-inch round cutter, make the center of each bagel half larger. Save the cutout pieces. Brush the cut side of the bagels and bagel cutouts with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Place the bagels cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Line up the cutout pieces down the center of the baking sheet cut-side down as well. Using the palm of your hand, press the bagels into the baking sheet. This will help make sure they are touching the baking sheet so the eggs won't seep out before they're cooked.
- Brush the tops of the bagels and cutouts with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Crack an egg into each bagel hole. Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Bake for 11 to 14 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs; 11 minutes will give you a runny yolk, while 14 minutes will give you a fully cooked yolk.
- For the hollandaise: In a small saucepan, melt the butter until sizzling.
- Put the egg yolks in a blender and turn on a low speed to allow them to combine. While the machine is running, slowly begin pouring the hot butter into the blender in a thin, steady stream. Once all the butter is in, immediately begin adding the lemon juice.
- Check the blender to make sure the sauce is still liquidy and moving easily through the blades. If not, add a little more juice and give it a stir and then blend again. Add the cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Transfer to a serving pitcher and cover with foil until serving.
- For the garnish: Transfer the bagels and cutouts to a serving platter. Arrange the salmon around the bagels and garnish with the red onions, chives and capers. Serve with the warm hollandaise on the side.
More about "bagel egg bake recipes"
BAGEL BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHE…
This dish has everything you love about a traditional bagel breakfast sandwich, but it's all baked into a creamy, cheesy casserole that can be made the night before.
Total Time 2 hours 0 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 0 minutes
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until the casserole is puffed, golden brown at the edges and set in the center, about 45 minutes more. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
KID RECIPES: COOKING WITH KIDS - PREKINDERS
Ingredients for one serving: 1 boiled egg small amount sweet pickle relish small amount mayonnaise Directions: Cut the egg in half, and place the yolks in a bowl. Mash the egg yolks in a bowl with a fork, and add relish and mayonnaise. Mix ingredients. Spoon the mixture into the egg …
Thank you for making Chowhound a vibrant and passionate community of food trailblazers for 25 years. We wish you all the best on your …
22 BEST EGG RECIPES - EGG RECIPES FOR DINNER AND BREAKFAST
Feb 16, 2022 · We can all agree that everything bagels are the superior bagel. If you can't get enough of snacks that are covered in everything bagel seasoning, then you'll fall in love with this casserole recipe. Just make sure to let it sit overnight to allow the bread to soak up the egg…
CHEESY SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - EASY EGG BAKE REC…
Jan 01, 2019 · Top with shredded cheese and bake (uncovered) at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Overnight Breakfast Casserole. If you want to save cooking time in the morning, you can brown your sausage the day before and keep it in the refrigerator until the next day. Then all you have to do in the morning is put everything together and bake.
REAL HOMEMADE BAGELS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
If you let them rise for another 20-30 minutes after forming the bagels and before boiling them, they will be slightly bigger. After boiling them, I use an egg wash (one whisked egg with a little bit of water), then add the toppings and bake. The toppings stay on better with the egg …