Washer Dryer Review – Best Washer Dryers Reviews
Washer dryer may now be the answer to prayers long made by homeowners who want a device that can do more than a single washer can. Gone are the days where you will need separate machines just to wash and dry your clothes because here comes the washer and dryer in one.
What is a Washer Dryer?
Washer Dryer is a clothes washer that is a combination of a washing machine with a clothes dryer. It differs from a separate washing machine and a clothes dryer because this appliance works two ways.
Washer Dryer and how they are used?
A washer-dryer is a type of washing machine that has a built-in dryer. You can easily use the drum to place all the clothes it can carry in one cycle. You can wash 3 to 4 kilos in one cycle. You will need to set the timer, connect the hose to the water supply, check the laundry soap container, and it should have the right amount and the fabric conditioner. Just set the timer, and you can leave it to the machine to do its job.
After the washing cycle, it will directly lead to clothes drying. After it is done, all you have to do is to remove the clothes and have it air-dried because sometimes the clothes are still damp and still need some air drying.
- A washer-dryer need a smaller space compared to two separate appliances.
- Performs washing and drying in just one machine.
- You can just use the washing feature or drying feature. If you just need to dry one or two clothes this is also allowed.
- Maintenance is easier because you only have one appliance to clean and maintain.
- You get to save money compared when you have to buy two separate machines.
- Washing and Drying clothes are now easier than doing it manually.
- Best used for small families.
- Drying is faster compared to drying the clothes manually.
- Some washer dryer can only take half the capacity compared to a separate washer and dryer.
- You may need to use an increased amount of water compared to separate machines.
- Dryer doesn’t dry clothes completely.
- Not advisable to use for families in big numbers.
- This may use up more electricity compared to the classic washing machine.
- Sometimes, the repair of this washer dryer may cost you more.
- Drying features sometimes do not dry the clothes enough and are still damp after drying.
What types of Washer Dryer are there?
There are different types that we have researched on, and they are:
Freestanding – this washer dryer can fit in any space in your utility room, kitchen, or laundry area. You can even move it around as you prefer. This appliance is easy to install as you only need to have the needed space for it.
Built-In washer dryer – this washer dryer needs to have an exact size so it can fit the space prepared for it. It can even have a door to cover it and sometimes it is color-coordinated with the other furniture in the house.
This also has an added muffle noise feature and quieter compared to the freestanding washer. You may need to get a professional to install it for you as it is sometimes tricky to install because of the water connection, hose, water pipe, and such.
Vented Unit – works just like a front-loading washing machine plus a regular dryer.
Ventless Unit – this washer dryer doesn’t need an outside exhaust. Same washing principle, but the difference is in the drying method.
This is what we check in Washer Dryer Reviews.
Having a washer-dryer will make our lives easier. Imagine yourself washing clothes and at the same time cooking a meal. You don’t have to leave what you are cooking just to remove the clothes to put in the dryer because you have set the washer-dryer to do its job of washing clothes then drying them after.
You can multi-task with the help of a washer-dryer.
There are, however, four significant factors that we looked into, such as the materials used, price, longevity, and cleaning.
Washer-dryer comprises plastic, stainless steel, and porcelain enamel. Enamel may not be highly durable compared to the other materials, but enamel is cheaper. There is more steel incorporation with the expensive model, and at the same time, it is more durable compared to the other materials used.
Using steel makes the other washer dryer machine more durable compared to the low-quality materials used in other brands or models.
The pricing varies, and you may shell out more for the high-quality brand with materials such as stainless steel and high-grade plastic. You may need to speed more for you to have a better quality of washer dryer machine because you will just spend more in the long run if you buy the cheaper product.
Washer Dryer also needs some cleaning, especially the filter of this appliance that needs to be checked every after washing as there are particles left inside the filter. You also need to clean the washer-dryer once in a while by setting it to clean itself and will take a bit of time to finish, so do it when you have nothing to wash or you are just done with washing your clothes.
Some exterior wiping is also needed once in a while because of some water splash or some dust that clings to the exterior of the machine. Keep it clean and have its yearly check-up to make sure of its longevity.
Buying the Best Washer Dryer
We can buy instore or online, but if you want to see the size, the design of the machine, how big it is inside, materials used and the inside should be inspected as well before your purchase.
- When at the store, make sure you compare each washer dryer on display and see the inside of the washer-dryer machine.
- You should also compare each of the machine’s capacity and what additional features they have
- Be able to check the dimension before you buy anything because you do not want to return a washer dryer just because it doesn’t fit in your laundry area or your kitchen.
- You should be able to ask the seller about the best brand that they can refer to you as this will also help in your decision making.
- Make sure you understand the warranty and how long is it. What are the fine prints because you don’t want to be left with a washer-dryer after a year just because the washer-dryer has only a year’s warranty.
- Repairs should be asked before buying. Just in case you need to have something repaired in a few years.
Online buying is different compared to instore buying because you can just depend on what reviews you have read, and you cannot compare the items physically. Here are some reminders when buying a washer-dryer machine.
- Since you are just relying on reviews, you read online, that is what you can ask the online seller, be sure you have the questions in hand before browsing the website of the seller.
- Make sure that you already know what you want to buy so that when you talk to the seller you know what you are talking about, and you can ask the important questions.
- Compare prices online as there is an app that lets you compare prices for different appliances just so, you know your budget.
- Some sellers will give you a corresponding discount if you buy from them.
- Inquire about the warranty as this is very important and make sure you ask the important question about the warranty like how many years it is, how about replacement or repairs?
- If they are delivering the item to your doorstep, ask if they have a return policy and how do they go about it cause you don’t want to be inconvenienced when you want the washer dryer returned if there is any damage after they deliver it.
FAQ about the Best Washer Dryer
Is it better to have a separate washer and dryer? If you have the space for it, you may opt to buy a separate washer and dryer, but otherwise, a washer and dryer in one have its benefits as well such as the room or space needed for the washer and dryer is smaller, it will cost you less to purchase.
How long does it take for clothes to dry in a washer-dryer? It can also vary and will depend on the quantity you need to dry, but some washer-dryer can dry clothes between 45minutes to 180minutes.
What is the cost of a washer and dryer nowadays? It can cost from $700 up to a thousand or two for the high-quality model.
Does a washer dryer overheat? Every machine has its usage capacity, and you must also do some pacing when using it. You can use the washer-dryer for three cycles at a time, and then it is advisable to let it rest for a few minutes compared to keeping it running the entire day, which will not help with its longevity.
What is the list of best washer and dryer machine that is available in the market this year?
- LG WM3900HWA Washer and Dryer – This washer dryer is considered energy efficient and can take in 10lb load in one washing. The washing can last between 250 to 30 minutes. There is an option of black or white for your preference.
- LG WM9000HVA – Water efficient, with top cleaning capacity, energy-efficient, and has less noise. You can clean a bigger capacity for clothes, including comforters, bedsheets, and blankets. Elegant and beautifully made.
- Electrolux EFLS627UTT – A larger space to wash your clothes. It has an express wash option for 15 minutes with an impressive design and stain remover feature. It May cost you over a thousand dollars and if on sale is less than $700.
- Speed Queen TC5000WN Washer and Dryer- Dependable and durable that looks like a classic washer dryer but has a more advanced feature. It is fast and cleans your clothes efficiently.
- Mielle WWH860WCS – Space-saving and compact type of washer dryer. They also consider it one of the most energy-efficient machines around. It is priced over a thousand dollars.
- Bosch WAT28402UC – Stackable, space-saving, and energy-efficient. It also washes your clothes fast, hence, you can conserve energy.
- GE GFW850SPNRS Ultrafresh Washer and Dryer – Stylish but full of features such as color options, larger washing capacity, energy, and water-saving features. Fast washing and drying feature.
- Samsung WV60M9900AV Washer and Dryer – Black stainless steel color, with two dryers in one. With smart features and can easily connect to Alexa and Google Home. Washing is fast, and the clothes are cleaned thoroughly. The drum stays odor-free and needs just a little cleaning with some maintenance.
Is it cheaper if I buy a 2-in-1 washing compared to buying a separate washer and dryer? You get to save some by buying a set, but not that much if you are expecting high savings. You might save up just a few dollars.
How long do a washer and dryer last? It can last anywhere between 8 to 12 years. If you are more of the check and maintain-kind of a user, then it can last you longer. The longevity of your washer and dryer will also depend on how much you care for and maintain it.
There are high demands of washer dryer machines nowadays because of the benefit it can extend to the users. It makes life easier for anyone who has it because it makes your life convenient and saves you time in washing clothes. You don’t have to do the washing manually or even do the drying separately.
You can also do other things while you wash clothes because gone are the days when you have to either take a peek of what you are washing to check that it is running smoothly.
You can now do other stuff while the washer dryer is running, and you can just go back to check it after you are done with other important tasks on your list.