ALMOND SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Blend almond butter, water, scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, peanut oil, garlic, sugar, and red pepper flakes in a blender until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 5.8 g, FatContent 16.1 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 3 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.9 g, SodiumContent 523.3 mg, SugarContent 2.1 g
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND SAUCE - SIMPLE RECIPES, DELICIOUS DISHES
Almond sauce is the ideal accompaniment to all kinds of meat, fish and pasta dishes. Almonds also have countless medicinal properties, including high vitamin E and fibre content, that provide numerous health benefits. Making this delicious sauce is not complicated and the result is amazing. Since you can use it for everything from meat to fish to veggies, you might want to increase the amounts we give you and then freeze what's left over to use to spice up another dish on another day. If you want to know how to make almond sauce, read this OneHowTo article and learn step by step.
Provided by Max. D Gray
Number Of Ingredients 9
- To start making your almond sauce for meat or fish, you should prepare all your ingredients now to save time when actually cooking the sauce. So, peel and chop half an onion and the garlic cloves, and put them to one side. Then break the bread slices up into small pieces and put them aside too. If you have whole almonds, not ground, then peel, cut and crush them as much as possible with a pestle and mortar.
- Now that you have everything ready, drizzle the oil in a pan and put on a medium heat. If you have sunflower oil instead of olive oil that's fine, it also works well in this sauce - but keep in mind that the flavour will vary slightly. Sauté the chopped onion and when it starts to brown, add the pieces of bread. Don't forget to stir with a wooden spoon to stop the onion burning and sticking.Picture: vietnamitasenmadrid.com
- When the bread is fried, add the ground or crushed almonds and fry until golden. Next add 3 or 4 tablespoons of white wine and continue stirring. The wine is optional - it's there to intensify the taste a little - but if you're cooking the almond sauce for children it's best to leave it out. When the wine has evaporated a little, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce, mix everything together, and let it sit a few minutes.
- When the sauce has rested for a couple of minutes, crumble in half a stock cube or add 240ml of liquid stock. Proper meat broth is ideal if you have it, but if not, a stock cube will also provide a delicious flavour. Add the milk to the almond sauce, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon. If you prefer, you can use cream instead. This will make a slightly thicker sauce.
- Move it around well, and once heated through, remove from the heat and let it cool slightly. Then, pour the mixture into a suitable bowl and a blend it with a blender. Depending on the consistency you want for your almond sauce, you might want to add a little milk or water. If you want it thicker leave it as it is, but if you prefer it runnier add water or milk and continue blending.
- Et voilà! Your homemade almond sauce is now ready to serve. If you want, you can add some pieces of almonds as decoration and stir them in with a spoon to mix them into the sauce. As you can see, preparing this sauce is not very complicated and the result is delicious. If you like sauces, we recommend you look this article about how to make walnut sauce.
More about "to garnish with almonds recipes"
HOW TO BLANCH ALMONDS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 10 minutes
Calories 904 per serving
- 1 lb of shelled almonds = 3 cups whole or 4 cups slivered.
CHINESE ALMOND CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 35 minutes
Category World Cuisine, Asian
Calories 522.2 calories per serving
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in the skillet. Cook and stir the marinated chicken in hot oil until no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cooked vegetables, chicken stock, and reserved soy sauce mixture; simmer until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in fried almonds before serving.
GROUND ALMOND RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
100 CRAZY GOOD RECIPES USING ALMONDS | MYRECIPES
2-INGREDIENT CARAMELIZED ALMONDS - GARNISH & GLAZE
15 DELICIOUS ALMOND RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
10 BEST SEASONED ROASTED ALMONDS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CANDIED ALMONDS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CULINARY TERM FOR GARNISHING WITH ALMONDS - CODYCROSS ...
SOY ROASTED ALMONDS - IT'S NOT COMPLICATED RECIPES
10 BEST SEASONED ROASTED ALMONDS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPICED ALMONDS RECIPE | ELLIE KRIEGER | FOOD NETWORK
HEALTHY ALMOND RECIPES | EATINGWELL
ALMOND SAUCE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
HOW TO TOAST ALMONDS (2 WAYS!) – A COUPLE COOKS
BLUE DIAMOND SMOKEHOUSE ALMONDS RECIPE
BASIL PESTO WITH ALMONDS - THE WHOLESOME DISH
CHOCOLATE ALMOND MOUSSE RECIPE | COOKING BLOG
ALMOND SAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE ALMOND SAUCE RECIPE ...
ALMOND RECIPES - BBC FOOD