HOMEMADE CHIPS RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER POTATO RECIPES
Without question, the humble fried potato, the chip, is a gastronomic phenomenon in itself. The ability potatoes have to get mega crispy on the outside and super-fluffy in the middle when cooked is so good. Skinny and shoestring fries are delicious, but a proper fat handcut chip is something else. It’s just a shame that they’re not very good for you, but, like a good old cake, life wouldn’t be quite the same without them. At home, we don’t cook chips very often, so when we do have them, we definitely want the real deal. So let me tell you how I make the perfect chip – if you’re going to do it, do it right.
Total Time 40 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Three obvious things are important on your journey to perfection – your choice of potato, your choice of oil and your choice of salt. For me, the Maris Piper potato wins every time, and you want to use nice large ones.
- On oil, sunflower and sunseed are very efficient, and many people swear by using groundnut oil. But, if you’re after flavour, cooking chips in beef tallow (rendered beef fat you can get from your butcher) gives you better flavour and colour – the choice is yours.
- Finally, on salt, being an Essex boy, in my house it has to be Maldon sea salt.
- So down to business: chop 800g of Maris Piper potatoes into finger-sized chips, leaving the skin on – don’t be too exact.
- Chip shops have massive industrial fryers, which you can’t recreate at home, so you need to use a large sturdy pan on a medium to high heat (unless you own a deep-fat fryer, of course). Your oil should be 8cm deep, but never fill your pan more than half full. If you don’t have a thermometer, use a raw chip, and as it starts to float and fry the temperature should be about 140°C, which is perfect for blanching.
- Use a large metal sieve to gently lower the chips into the pan for around 8 minutes, or until soft but not coloured, then remove to a tray to cool.
- Turn the heat up under the oil and return one blanched chip to the oil as a guide again. Once it’s floating and golden the temperature should be about 180°C, which is perfect for frying and will give you chips with those all-important crispy outsides and fluffy middles.
- At this stage you may want to cook your chips in 2-portion batches, so you don’t decrease the temperature of the oil too much or overcrowd the pan. Fry the chips until beautifully golden, then remove to a bowl lined with kitchen paper, shake around a bit, season with sea salt and serve right away.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, FatContent 20.3 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 2.4 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 4 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 34.8 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 1.2 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.5 g salt, FiberContent 2.6 g fibre
TOP SECRET RECIPES | OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE BAKED POTATO SOUP
Menu Description: “Creamy potato soup topped with melted cheese, bacon, and green onions.” It’s not called baked potato soup because the potatoes in it are baked. It’s called baked potato soup because it’s topped with shredded cheese, bacon, and green onion, and it tastes like a loaded baked potato. Other hacky hacks for this recipe miss that point and add over an hour to the preparation process by preheating an oven and baking the potatoes, all while hungry stomachs are growling on the sidelines. My version skips that part by adding the raw potatoes directly into the pot with the other ingredients, where they cook in 20 minutes, and the soup is ready to eat in less time than other recipes take just to get the potatoes done. Also, other clones add way too much flour to thicken the soup—¾ cup! Sure, flour is good at thickening, but it doesn’t add any flavor, so I found a better way. I ended up using just a little flour to make the roux, then later thickening the soup mostly with dehydrated potato flakes, which are used to make quick mashed potatoes. The flakes not only do a great job of thickening the soup, but they also add more delicious potato flavor to the pot. Top your finished soup with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onion, and every spoonful will taste like a fully decked-out baked potato. Finish off your meal with a famous entrée from Outback like Alice Springs Chicken, or Toowoomba Steak. TRANSLATE with x English Arabic Hebrew Polish Bulgarian Hindi Portuguese Catalan Hmong Daw Romanian Chinese Simplified Hungarian Russian Chinese Traditional Indonesian Slovak Czech Italian Slovenian Danish Japanese Spanish Dutch Klingon Swedish English Korean Thai Estonian Latvian Turkish Finnish Lithuanian Ukrainian French Malay Urdu German Maltese Vietnamese Greek Norwegian Welsh Haitian Creole Persian TRANSLATE with COPY THE URL BELOW Back EMBED THE SNIPPET BELOW IN YOUR SITE Enable collaborative features and customize widget: Bing Webmaster Portal Back
Provided by Todd Wilbur
Total Time 45 minutes0S
Prep Time 15 minutes0S
Cook Time 30 minutes0S
More about "raw fries potato recipe recipes"
EASY CREAMY POTATO SALAD WITH TIPS - INSPIRED TASTE
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 250 per serving
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you have the time, refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
SPICY BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CRISPY FRIED SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST JICAMA FRIES RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES
10 BEST SWEET POTATO FRIES WITH DIPPING SAUCE RECIPES - YUM…
OVEN FRESH SEASONED POTATO WEDGES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
HOME FRIES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CHILLI CHEESE FRIES RECIPE | SNACK RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
PRESSURE COOKER FRENCH FRIES - PRESSURE COOKING RECIPES ...
PERFECT THIN AND CRISPY FRENCH FRIES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
PERFECT THIN AND CRISPY FRENCH FRIES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
THE WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTION OF VEGETARIAN RECIPES
ULTRA CRISPY BAKED POTATO WEDGES - COOKIE AND KATE
TUSCAN FRIES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
BEST EVER BAKED PARMESAN GARLIC POTATO WEDGES | THE RE…
HISTORY OF FRENCH FRIES: ALL ABOUT THE ORIGINS ... - NDTV FOOD
48 BEST SWEET POTATO RECIPES FOR EVERY MEAL | REAL SIMPLE
TOP SECRET RECIPES | MCDONALD'S FRENCH FRIES
THE BEST LOW-CARB BAKED FRENCH FRIES | KETODIET BLOG
JICAMA FRIES RECIPE (OVEN-BAKED) | KITCHN
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY AIR FRYER FRENCH FRIES - SIMPLY RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY KETO FRENCH FRIES - LOW CARB NO CARB
BAKED EGGPLANT FRIES RECIPE - VEGGIES DON'T BITE
OVEN BAKED SWEET POTATO WEDGES (THAT ARE ACTUALLY CRIS…
AIR FRYER POTATO WEDGES - AIR FRYING FOODIE