PROVENCAL SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Make and share this Provencal Soup recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a saucepan, heat oil and melt butter. Brown garlic and onion 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add red bell pepper and zucchini, and let cook 4 minutes. Deglaze with the white wine.
- Add tomatoes and vegetable stock. Heat and let reduce, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes. Add olives and basil. Stir delicately and heat a little bit more.
- Serve with garlic croutons.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150.6, FatContent 10.1, SaturatedFatContent 2.8, CholesterolContent 7.6, SodiumContent 276.1, CarbohydrateContent 9.7, FiberContent 2.7, SugarContent 4, ProteinContent 1.7
PROVENCAL VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
This is a traditional soup of Provence. Don't omit the pistou as this gives this dish a wonderful scent and color. Preparation time depends if using fresh or dried. If dried beans, soak overnight. An extra 30 min boiling time as stated in the procedure would be needed. Posted for ZWT5.
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Yield 6-8 bowls, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- To make the pistou: mix in the food processor the 1st 3 pistou ingredients until smooth, adding the extra virgin oil last.
- To make the soup: if using dried haricot beans,place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a hard boil for 10 mins and drain. Place the par-boiled beans, or fresh beans if using, in a saucepan with the herbes de Provence and one of the garlic cloves. Add water to cover by 2.5 cm./1in. Boil, reduce heat and simmer over a medium low heat until tender, about 20 minuters for fresh breans and about 1 hour for dried beans. Set aside in the cooking liquid.
- In a large saucepan or flameproof casserole heat the oil. Add onion and leeks, cook for 5 minutes, stir occasionally, until onion softens.
- Add celery, carrots and the other garlic clove and cook, covered for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add potatoes, French beans and water, then season lighlty with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, skim any foam that rises to the surface, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add courgettes, tomatoes and peas together with the reserved beans and their cooking liquid and simmer for 25-30mins, or until all the vegetables are tender. Add the spinach and simmer for 5 minutes. Season the soup and swirl a spoonful of pistou into each bowl. Garnish with basil and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337.7, FatContent 13.2, SaturatedFatContent 2.3, CholesterolContent 2.9, SodiumContent 383.1, CarbohydrateContent 44.9, FiberContent 12.5, SugarContent 6.8, ProteinContent 12.8
More about "provencal soup recipes"
PROVENCAL VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Category Soup Recipes
Calories 338 g per serving
- . Add spinach to soup; cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Divide soup among bowls andserve immediately, garnished with chervil,if desired, and Gruyere toast.
PROVENÇAL GREENS SOUP RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 170 per serving
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Making sure that the soup is not boiling, whisk a ladle of it into the beaten eggs. Take the soup off the heat, and stir in the tempered eggs. Brush the garlic croutons with olive oil, and place one or two in each bowl. Ladle in the soup, sprinkle on some Parmesan if desired and serve.
PROVENCAL BEAN SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 02 hours 45 minutes
Cuisine Europe, Italian
Calories 192 calories per serving
- Rinse and sort beans. Place beans in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 to 4 hours or until beans are softened., Drain and rinse, discarding liquid; set beans aside. In the same pan, saute the leeks, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the water, ham, cloves, bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours or until the beans are almost tender., Add carrots, turnips, potatoes, kale and parsley. Cover and simmer 25-35 minutes longer or until the beans and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves and cloves before serving.
PROVENÇAL VEGETABLE SOUP | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
FISH SOUP PROVENCALE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 20 minutes
Calories 353 per serving
- Add the fish and the mussels; stir gently; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Check for seasoning. Remove the thyme and bay leaf. Make sure all the mussels are open. If not, cook a bit longer. Sprinkle with the basil and serve.
PROVENÇAL VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - ERIC RIPERT | FOOD & WINE
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Category Vegetable Soup
- Remove the ham and herb bundle from the beans. Add the tomato, carrot, fennel, zucchini, onion and haricots verts and season with a generous pinch of salt. Simmer over moderately low heat until the vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes. Season the soup with salt and pepper and ladle into bowls. Serve with the pistou, stirring it into the soup at the table.
CHICKEN SOUP WITH PROVENÇAL HERBS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 8 hours 30 minutes
Category Healthy Chicken Soup Recipes
Calories 287.6 calories per serving
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks, carrots and garlic; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add broth, wine , thyme, rosemary and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Drain the beans and add to the pot; cook until the beans are soft, about 2 hours. Remove the bay leaf and herb sprigs before serving.
TURKEY SOUP PROVENÇAL RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Calories 294 calories per serving
- Add herbes de Provence, beans, broth, and tomatoes to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in spinach; simmer 5 minutes.
PROVENCAL HAM & BEAN SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 07 hours 15 minutes
Calories 212 calories per serving
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. , Transfer beans to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add tomatoes; crush with a wooden spoon until chunky. Stir in ham, vegetables, garlic, seasonings and stock. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until beans are tender. Serve with bread.
PROVENCAL STYLE WINTER VEGETABLE SOUP - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
PROVENÇAL VEGETABLE SOUP (SOUPE AU PISTOU) | AMERICA'S ...
PROVENÇAL GARLIC SOUP RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
PROVENCAL VEGETABLE SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PROVENCAL GARLIC SOUP IS OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD
CLASSIC PROVENÇAL RECIPES TO TRY - PARDON YOUR FRENCH
INSPIRATION | RECIPES | PROVENÇAL TOMATO SOUP | WOLF GOURMET
PROVENCAL CHICKPEA SOUP SATISFYING FOR EVERYONE ...
MAKE PROVENCAL FISH SOUP FROM SCRATCH IT'S WORTH IT ...