PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
“I've been making this juicy pork roast and gravy for 40 years,” says Jean Lowrey of Dubach, Louisiana. “Lower in fat and calories, it's one of my first choices to serve guests.”
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 60 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides. In a small bowl, combine wine, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and bouillon; pour over roast., Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 45-60 minutes or until pork is tender, basting occasionally with pan juices., Remove roast to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. Add enough water to measure 1-1/2 cups. Return to pan., Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241 calories, FatContent 9g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 85mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 262mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 4 lean meat.
ROAST PORK WITH CIDER GRAVY RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Hand and spring of pork is a cheaper cut that becomes irresistibly tender and juicy with slow-cooking - cook for a crowd and serve with a rich gravy
Provided by Caroline Hire – Food writer
Total Time 5 hours 40 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the oven to 220C/ 200C fan/ gas 7. Score the skin of the pork and rub with olive oil and sea salt. Put the pork, leeks, carrots, turnip and herbs in large high-sided roasting pan and pour in the cider and stock. Roast for 30 minutes, then take the roasting tray out of the oven and cover tightly with foil. Return to the oven and turn the heat to 150C/ 130C fan/ gas 2.
- After 4 hours, remove the foil, turn the oven back up again to 220C/ 200C fan/ gas 7 and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Take the pork out of the oven, remove the meat, cover and set aside to rest. Drain the cooking liquid, pouring off any excess fat. Either serve or discard the cooking vegetables.
- To make the gravy, melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the flour, cook for 2 minutes then whisk in the cooking liquid. Simmer for a few minutes. Serve alongside the meat. Delicious with braised red cabbage and roast potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 677 calories, FatContent 39.3 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 13.9 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 9.2 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 7 grams sugar, FiberContent 3.2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 62.3 grams protein, SodiumContent 1 milligram of sodium
More about "pork roast with gravy recipes"
ROAST LOIN OF PORK WITH SAGE & ONION STUFFING & GRAVY ...
Total Time 2 hours 5 minutes
Category Lunch, Main course
Calories 572 calories per serving
- Spoon most of the fat out the tray, leaving the meat juices. Place tray on the hob or transfer juices to a frying pan. Stir in the flour for 1 min followed by the stock and cider, and bubble for a few mins. Strain into a jug. Serve the pork sliced, with the crackling, potatoes, gravy and veg.
DAN'S FALLIN' APART PORK POT ROAST WITH CRACKED PEPPER GR…
Total Time 4 hours 25 minutes
Category Pork Roast
Calories 512.8 calories per serving
- Remove the roast and set aside on a serving platter; surround the meat with the cooked vegetables. Whisk 1 tablespoon of cracked black pepper, 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of onion powder, and the brown gravy mix together with 2 cups of water in a bowl, and whisk the mixture into the liquid left in the roasting pan. Place the pan over medium heat, and cook, whisking constantly, until the gravy has come to a boil and has thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve alongside the roast and vegetables.
SAVORY HERB PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
- 3. Pour any pan drippings from roasting pan and water into medium saucepan. Stir in Gravy Mixes. Stirring frequently, cook on medium heat until gravy comes to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. (Gravy will thicken upon standing.) Serve with sliced pork.
JAMIE'S EPIC ROAST PORK | JAMIE OLIVER PORK RECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Calories 659 calories per serving
- Put the pork skin in the fridge, uncovered, to dry out while you cook the pork. You’ll get double crackling – one from the pork joint and one from the skin.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F/gas 9 (full whack).
- To make the flavoured salt, place the fennel, peppercorns and bay in a pestle and mortar and smash the living daylights out of it. Peel in the lemon zest, then pick in the herbs and have another bash. Add the salt and bash again until fine (alternatively whiz in a blender).
- Score the pork fat in a diamond pattern, then rub in 1 tablespoon of flavoured salt with a good drizzle of olive oil, massaging it into all the nooks and crannies.
- Peel the potatoes and parboil in a large pan of salted boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes until softened. Drain and steam dry, then tip into a large baking tray.
- Scrub, top and tail the parsnips and slot them in with the potatoes, then place the tray on the bottom shelf of the oven.
- Place the pork directly on the bars of the oven above the potatoes and parsnips to catch all the tasty juices. Reduce the oven temperature to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- For the sauce, place a large sheet of non-stick baking paper over a large sheet of tin foil. Place the onion, apple, pear and peach in the middle with a good lug of bourbon, then fold up the edges and twist to make a sealed ‘money bag’ parcel. Cook in the oven with the pork for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove the pork, potatoes and fruit from the oven. Cover the pork with tin foil and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes while you make the crackling. Carefully drain the fat from the potatoes (cool and reserve for another day), and set aside.
- Carefully remove the foil layer from the fruit parcel, then hold the paper bag over a bowl and pierce a hole in it with a sharp knife to release the juice. Squeeze any remaining juice from the fruit, then transfer to a chopping board, roughly chop (discarding the cores, pips and onion skin) and add to the bowl. Leave to cool, then cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Deseed and clank up the pumpkin into wedges, place into a baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the oven back up to full whack. Score the reserved pork skin in a zig-zag fashion and place directly on the bars of the oven. Put the pumpkin underneath and cook for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- To make the gravy, peel and roughly chop the onion, then fry with the minced pork in a large frying pan on a medium heat for 10 minutes, or until golden and soft. Stir in the flour and mustard, then add a good lug of bourbon and flambé, if you like. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until thick and delicious.
- Remove the crackling and pumpkin from the oven. Drain the fat from the pumpkin and discard, then tip the pumpkin into the tray with the other roasted veg and return to the oven to warm through.
- Slice up the ribs and carve the rest of the pork. Bring it all together at the table and serve with the veg, crackling and fruity sauce.
PORK RIBEYE ROAST WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY | RENEE'S KITC…
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 522.28 per serving
- Serve mushroom gravy with pork roast.
SUNDAY PORK ROAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 02 hours 05 minutes
Calories 174 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place vegetables on bottom of a shallow roasting pan. Mix 2 tablespoons flour, bay leaf, thyme, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place roast on top of vegetables, fat side up. Add 2 cups water to pan., Roast, uncovered, 1-1/2 hours. Sprinkle brown sugar over roast. Roast 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. (Temperature of roast will continue to rise another 5-10° upon standing.), Remove roast to a platter. Tent with foil; let stand 15 minutes before slicing., Strain drippings from roasting pan into a measuring cup; skim fat. Add enough water to the drippings to measure 1-1/2 cups., In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk remaining flour and 1/3 cup water until smooth. Gradually whisk in drippings mixture and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve roast with gravy.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sliced pork and gravy in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
KETO PORK ROAST WITH CREAMY GRAVY - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
PORK ROAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CROCK POT PORK ROAST AND GRAVY - THE COZY COOK
ROASTED PORK LOIN WITH CRACKLING ROAST VEGETABLES, GRAVY ...
DUTCH OVEN PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY - THE SEASONED MOM
CROCK POT PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY RECIPE - THESE OLD COOK…
CROCK POT PORK ROAST AND GRAVY - THE EASIEST SLOW COOKER ...
CROCK POT PORK ROAST AND GRAVY - THE EASIEST SLOW COOKER ...
19 BEST PORK ROAST RECIPES | PORK LOIN, PORK SHOULDER AND ...
PORK BUTT ROAST/BOSTON BUTT ROAST WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY ...
10 BEST CENTER CUT PORK ROAST RECIPES - YUMMLY
ROAST PORK RECIPES - BBC FOOD
INSTANT POT PORK ROAST RECIPE, GRAVY PRESSURE COOKER ...
TRADITIONAL GERMAN SENFBRATEN (PORK ROAST WITH MUSTARD GRAVY)
EASY PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPE WITH GRAVY - INSTANT POT ...
INSTANT POT PORK ROAST (PORK BUTT/PORK SHOULDER ...
ROSEMARY GARLIC PORK ROAST - JO COOKS
10 BEST HOMEMADE PORK GRAVY WITHOUT DRIPPINGS RECIPES - Y…
INSTANT POT PORK ROAST WITH VEGETABLES & GRAVY - MOM'S D…
PORK ROAST WITH CRISPY CRACKLING | RECIPETIN EATS
SOUTHERN SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS & GRAVY | I HEART RECIPES
HOMEMADE CIDER GRAVY (FOR PORK) | SIMON HOWIE RECIPES