SMASH BURGERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Now is not the time to cut calories or skimp on salt. Go for ground chuck that is at least 80/20. If you can find a blend with ground brisket or short rib, all the better. The best burger comes with being liberal with kosher salt—it is beef's best friend. —James Schend, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 15 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place a 9-in. cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, gently shape beef into 4 balls, shaping just enough to keep together (do not compact). , Increase burner temperature to medium-high; add oil. Working in batches, add beef. With a heavy metal spatula, flatten to 1/4- to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle each with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook until edges start to brown, about 1-1/2 minutes. Turn burgers and sprinkle with additional 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook until well browned and a thermometer reads at least 160°, 1 minute. Repeat with remaining beef., Serve burgers on buns with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339 calories, FatContent 16g fat (5g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 70mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 760mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 24g protein.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE VEGAN BURGERS | VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS ...
These burgers are packed with flavor, fiber and protein while still being low in fat. We love them grilled, but you can also pan-fry them: Heat 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and fry patties until well browned, about 2 minutes per side. (Remember: The extra oil will alter the calorie and fat totals.)
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Total Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring the lentils and 1 3/4 cup of the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer until the lentils are fully softened and the liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon broth and mash well with a potato masher. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the spinach, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper and cumin and stir until the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach mixture, breadcrumbs, walnuts and 3/4 teaspoon salt to the lentils and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Form the mixture into six 4-inch patties and spray with cooking spray on each side. Grill until nice grill marks form, about 3 minutes per side. Place the patties in the buns with the sliced onion and other toppings, as desired, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560 calorie, FatContent 14 grams, SaturatedFatContent 1.5 grams, SodiumContent 900 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 90 grams, FiberContent 21 grams, ProteinContent 21 grams, SugarContent 10 grams
More about "how to make chili burgers recipes"
WENDY'S COPYCAT CHILI RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE WENDY'S CHILI
Total Time 40 minutes0S
Calories 237 calories per serving
FRESH CHILI PASTE - HOW TO MAKE CHILI PASTE FROM FRESH ...
HOW TO MAKE HOT SAUCE - THE ULTIMATE GUIDE - CHILI PEPPER ...
BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
20 LEFTOVER CHILI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST VENISON BURGERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BURGER RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE VEGGIE BURGER - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
BOBBY FLAY'S BEST TIPS FOR HOW TO MAKE PERFECT BURGERS ...
OUR BEST CHILI RECIPES OF ALL TIME (PLUS VIDEO) I TASTE OF ...
MAKE AHEAD BREAKFAST RECIPES – JAMIE COOKS IT UP
RECIPES - BURGERS, SALADS, SANDWICHES
HOW TO MAKE EASY HAMBURGER STEAK RECIPES
GOLD STAR | SMALL BATCH CHILI & HANDCRAFTED BURGERS
33 BEST BURGER RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
WENDY'S CHILI RECIPE - COPYCAT - MAKE IT AT HOME
11 GREAT GROUND ELK RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME
CHILI'S ORIGINAL CHILI - COPYKAT RECIPES
VEGAN TAILGATE RECIPES TO MAKE FOR YOUR NEXT GAME DAY