More about "hot and sour soup gluten free recipes"
CHEF JOHN'S HOT AND SOUR SOUP - ALLRECIPES
I'm very excited to be sharing what is probably the most delicious soup I still haven't done a video for--unless I have and forgot. Yes, it's hot, and yes, it's sour, but it's also so much more, and other than a little bit of slicing and dicing, this is relatively fast and simple to make. This is almost always served as an appetizer in a Chinese restaurant, but if you added some pork to this, or some little fun-sized meatballs, it would make a fantastic meal. Serve with extra sliced green onions on top.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Chinese Soups and Stews
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in hot water, stirring occasionally, until soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well and slice into thin strips.
- Whisk soy sauce, vinegar, ground white pepper, and sesame oil together in a small bowl for hot and sour mixture; set aside until needed.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in another small bowl for slurry; set aside until needed.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger, sliced green onions, and shiitake mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and bring up to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in carrot, red pepper, bamboo shoots, tofu, and the hot and sour mixture. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Stir the soup slowly with a spoon while transferring in the beaten eggs in a steady stream to create thin ribbons. Keep stirring until the soup comes back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir the cornstarch slurry to make sure it's well blended, then slowly drizzle it into the soup while stirring constantly. Soup should thicken up within 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off heat, taste for seasoning, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18.7 g, CholesterolContent 99.1 mg, FatContent 8.8 g, FiberContent 1.8 g, ProteinContent 11 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.6 g, SodiumContent 1979.3 mg, SugarContent 6.1 g
CHINESE HOT AND SOUR SOUP WITH RAMEN - ONE POT COMFORT FOOD!
HOT AND SOUR SOUP - SMITTEN KITCHEN
CHINESE STYLE CLEAR MUSHROOM SOUP (VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE)
DAIRY/GLUTEN/SOY/SUGAR-FREE RECIPES - COOKIE AND KATE
GLUTEN-FREE GODDESS RECIPES
CHINESE SPICY HOT AND SOUR SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES