DOWN HOME FRIED MASHED POTATO PATTIES - JUST A PINCH R…
Mom made these when we had leftover mashed potatoes. We all loved them since they were crispy and tasty. They could even become a meal topped with left over gravy and meat.
Provided by Kathie Carr @kathiecc
Prep Time 15 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium bowl mix potatoes, eggs, onions, and cheese. With about 1/2 cup of mixture form potatoes into individual patties. Heat skillet and melt some butter or margarine in it. Fry patties until outside is crispy and inside is hot. Serve with sausage links or other simple main dish.
- OPTIONAL: You can top patties with sour cream or left over gravy.
- MAKE THIS A MEAL BY TOPPING PATTIES WITH A MEAT AND GRAVY MIXTURE. Mom might use left over turkey or chicken and gravy, for example.
EASY PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.C…
Wow your friends and family with this classic pineapple upside-down cake. With tasting notes that boast fruity, gooey, caramelly goodness, it's no wonder why this has been a must-make favorite for generations. In our Easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake recipe, save yourself some time with a fool-proof shortcut. With a box of Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Yellow Cake Mix, you can have this impressive dessert prepped for the oven in just 15 minutes. With step-by-step directions, Betty's with you every step of the way in this incredible upside-down pineapple cake. Now just bake, flip and enjoy!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total Time 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). In 13x9-inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange remaining cherries around slices; press gently into brown sugar.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 42 to 48 minutes (44 to 53 minutes for dark or nonstick pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380 , CarbohydrateContent 57 g, CholesterolContent 55 mg, FatContent 3 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 3 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, ServingSize 1/12 of Cake, SodiumContent 310 mg, SugarContent 41 g, TransFatContent 0 g
More about "down with it recipes"
RHUBARB UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 55 minutes
Calories 316 calories per serving
- Place rhubarb in a greased 10-in. cast-iron or other heavy ovenproof skillet. Combine sugar, flour and nutmeg; sprinkle over rhubarb. Drizzle with butter; set aside. For batter, in a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until blended. Beat in the egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition., Spread over rhubarb mixture. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Loosen edges immediately and invert onto a serving dish. Serve warm. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
HOW TO MAKE PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
- Pour the batter carefully into the pineapple-lined baking pan and bake for 40 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center or pressing the cake lightly with a fingertip; if the impression springs back, the cake is done. Run a knife around the edges of the pan and place a serving dish on top. Invert the cake onto the serving dish. Leave the pan inverted over the cake for several moments to allow the syrup to soak into the cake.
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 05 minutes
Calories 272 calories per serving
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Drain apricots, reserving 3 tablespoons syrup (discard remaining syrup); set aside., Place butter in a 9-in. square baking dish. Place in oven 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted; swirl carefully to coat evenly. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange apricot halves in a single layer over brown sugar, cut side up., In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add sugar, beating on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in reserved apricot syrup. Fold in flour mixture., With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Spoon over apricots. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN BUNDT® CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
APPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CUPCAKES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
OUR HANDS-DOWN BEST MASHED POTATO RECIPES