CLEAN-OUT-THE-FRIDGE VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
This recipe is purposefully flexible so you can incorporate just about any veggie into it. Top with a dollop of pesto and/or a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Provided by Carolyn Casner
Categories Healthy Vegetable Soup Recipes
Total Time 50 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, paprika and thyme; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add hard vegetables and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and soft vegetables; stir to coat.
- Add broth, tomato paste, salt and pepper; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir in greens, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Partially cover and cook until the vegetables are soft, 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, CarbohydrateContent 26 g, FatContent 11 g, FiberContent 6 g, ProteinContent 4 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, SodiumContent 513 mg, SugarContent 7 g
'CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE' SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You can adapt this basic recipe to use ingredients in your fridge and pantry. Try single flavours or combinations to make anything from vegetable broth to hearty lentil, chicken or thick creamy soup. As this soup is quick-cooking, use tender cuts of meat. Steaks and chops, with bones removed, are suitable to slice and add to soup. Chopped cooked beef, pork or chicken can be used, too.
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Yield 6-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat oil or butter in large pan, then add onion and garlic.
- Add the chicken or boneless meat, thinly sliced or finely chopped, and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Add firm vegetables as they take the longest to cook.
- Cook, stirring, until vegetables are just soft.
- Add enough stock to cover the vegetable mixture in pan.
- Bring the stock to the boil.
- For a tomato-based soup, add a can of undrained crushed tomatoes.
- For a hearty soup, at this stage add pasta, if desired.
- Simmer, uncovered, until grains and vegetables are just tender.
- Pasta takes about 10 minutes to cook.
- When grains and vegetables are almost tender, add quick-cooking green vegetables, such as chopped broccoli, spinach, beans, peas, onions, or canned vegetables.
- If you prefer a thicker, smooth soup, blend or process mixture to the desired consistency.
- For a thicker soup with chunks of vegetables, blend only half of the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to pan, adjust the consistency with a little water or extra stock, if necessary, and stir until hot.
- If using canned beans or lentils, drain, rinse, then add them.
- Stir until hot.
- Season soup with salt, pepper and chopped fresh herbs (or a teaspoon of dried) to taste.
- If soup needs a little more flavour, ingredients such as Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, chilli sauce, tomato paste, tomato puree or a can of creamed corn are great boosters.
- Suitable to freeze.
- Suitable to microwave.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.2, FatContent 10.2, SaturatedFatContent 2.5, CholesterolContent 37.5, SodiumContent 36.6, CarbohydrateContent 17.2, FiberContent 2.7, SugarContent 1.8, ProteinContent 11
More about "deodorize refrigerator recipes"
CLEAN-OUT-THE-FRIDGE KIMCHI RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
The fizziest, most fun way to use up all of those end-of-week veggie scraps.
- Tightly pack kimchi into jars, pressing down firmly to eliminate air bubbles and release more liquid from vegetables, leaving 1" headspace at the top. If there isn’t enough liquid to completely submerge vegetables, top off with reserved cabbage brine. Cover jars tightly with lids and let sit at room temperature away from direct sunlight, opening jars to let gases release once a day, for at least 1 day and up to 5 days to ferment (the longer the kimchi sits, the more sour it will be). Give kimchi a taste as you go and add a splash of fish sauce or soy sauce as needed. Once you’re satisfied with the flavor, transfer jars to the refrigerator, where the kimchi will continue to slowly age. Do ahead: Kimchi can be made 1 month ahead. Keep chilled.
HOW TO DEODORIZE A REFRIGERATOR AND KEEP IT SMELLING FRESH
Unplug the refrigerator, and after a thorough cleaning leave the door standing open to the fresh air. You may want to place baking soda, lemons, charcoal or cat litter inside to absorb any stubborn lingering odors. Prevent Odors …
DIY: FRIDGE REFRESHERS | DOTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS
Instructions Combine baking soda, ½ cup water, and essential oils into bowl. Stir together. Note: If needed, add more water until thick paste forms. The mixture should resemble damp sand. Divide mixture equally into silicone mold. Allow it to rest for two to three days or until mixture hardens.
HOMEMADE REFRIGERATOR DEODORIZERS - MISS INFORMATION
Apr 12, 2014 · Let the refrigerator deodorizers dry for 2-3 days. Pop them out of the cupcake liners and put into an airtight container. Put one in a dish inside your fridge for 30 days and then switch out for another. Click here to see what to do with your disk once it's done in the fridge! Here are printable instructions for making the refrigerator deodorizers.
5 NATURAL REMEDIES FOR DEODORIZING A REFRIGERATOR ...
Jan 09, 2012 · Place an open container with baking soda inside and let it absorb the smells and unstink your refrigerator for at least 24 hours. 3. If baking soda doesn’t help to deodorize the refrigerator, you can also distribute freshly ground coffee evenly on a plate and put it in the fridge …
CLEAN & DEODORIZE YOUR REFRIGERATOR NATURALLY
Mar 27, 2014 · Add two parts hot water and one part vinegar to a glass spray bottle, then add the lemon essential oil. Spray mixture inside the fridge, let sit for a minute or two, and wipe with a damp cloth. The hot water and vinegar will not only loosen stuck on food, but will also help to eliminate undesirable odors.
HOW TO DEODORIZE YOUR FRIDGE IN 3 STEPS - LIFE-N-REFLECTION
IN A PICKLE: HOW TO DEODORIZE YOUR FRIDGE – SHEKNOWS
Aug 21, 2012 · Baking soda is the classic choice, but ground coffee or even tea bags are great alternatives. Leave them in open containers in the fridge …
HOW TO CLEAN AND DEODORIZE YOUR FRIDGE - SIZZLING EATS
Aug 29, 2017 · To maintain an odor-free fridge, pour 1/2 cup of baking soda into a dish and place it in the center of the fridge. If you hoard items on top of your fridge consider purging or organizing extra clutter. Twice a year we like to vacuum our refrigerator coils to help remove excess dust bunnies. This helps to keep your fridge …
A MORE EFFECTIVE FRIDGE DEODORIZER | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
Throughout the testing, they agreed that the refrigerator with activated charcoal was significantly less stinky than the refrigerator with baking soda. Activated charcoal can be found at pet and aquarium supply stores. For a full-size refrigerator, we recommend using 2 cups placed in an open container in the back of the fridge near an air vent.
HOW TO DEODORIZE A ROOM: NATURAL RECIPES FOR A FRESH ...
Mar 06, 2020 · This is because the plastic in the refrigerator absorbs odors. Even if you’ve scrubbed out every crumb and spill, the plastic might still stink. To prevent or mute this odor, try putting a box of baking soda in the fridge. Baking soda will absorb these smells and leave your fridge smelling clean after just a couple of days.
7 RECIPES TO HELP YOU CLEAN OUT YOUR FRIDGE FOR ...
Nov 10, 2021 · 7 chicken soup recipes good for the soul — and stomach 7 delightfully bitter cocktails for before, during or after those rich holiday meals Miso paste packs a major umami punch.
5 HOMEMADE SOLUTIONS TO CLEAN AND DISINFECT YOUR REFRIGERATOR
Mar 03, 2021 · Clean towel or cloth; Preparation. Firstly, squeeze the juice from the lemons and pour into a spray bottle along with the warm water. Then, shake it well to mix and apply it to your refrigerator. How to use. Firstly, remove all foods and removable parts from the refrigerator. Then, spray the lemon cleanser.
HOW TO DEEP CLEAN YOUR REFRIGERATOR | HELLOGLOW.CO
Jan 04, 2020 · Lastly, clean the cover at the bottom of the refrigerator. And use cotton swabs and toothpicks to clean small areas that are difficult to wipe clean, like the seals around the door, or the handles. 2. Deodorize. Even after physically cleaning your refrigerator, there still might be some lingering odors you can’t quite pinpoint.
HOW TO CLEAN OUT YOUR PANTRY, REFRIGERATOR, AND FREEZER ...
Dec 24, 2021 · Spring is the typical time to consider major cleaning projects, but for your kitchen, winter is the perfect time to clean out your pantry, refrigerator, and freezer to make room and resupply for winter cooking and baking projects. Use our step-by-step guide to make it easy and rewarding.
HOW TO CLEAN REFRIGERATOR WITH VINEGAR | RAVVYREVIEWS
Jul 25, 2021 · Spray bottle. cleaning sponges. a bowl of warm water. Vinegar, water, and decent dish soap are all you need to refresh your fridge. Mixing three parts water with 1-part cleaning vinegar along with a dollop of dish soap can get back the shine that’s been missing. The three ingredients are enough to clean the whole fridge and make it shine like ...
HOW TO GET RID OF FUNKY REFRIGERATOR SMELLS - CONSUMER REPORTS
Sep 16, 2016 · A refrigerator will keep food at safe temperatures for about 4 hours, if it’s left unopened, according to the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Services. Step 2: Handwash Bins and Shelves
DIY: REFRIGERATOR AND MICROWAVE CLEANER | DOTERRA ...
Caked-on food, mystery stains, and questionable smells can make this a dreaded cleaning job that gets put off until the last minute. If you need a little help, try this DIY Refrigerator and Microwave Cleaner featuring Lemon essential oil for an easy cleaning job and refreshing aroma. Ingredients. 1 cup white vinegar.
HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR REFRIGERATOR FOR THE NEW YEAR ...
Jan 03, 2022 · The first is deep cleaning, which includes wiping down all of the shelves and drawers with a water and dish soap mixture. Baking soda is another cleaning tool you can use as a bonus to get rid of odors (add about two tablespoons to the water and soap mixture). She recommends taking time to properly clean the refrigerator, either before getting ...
HOW TO CLEAN YELLOWING REFRIGERATOR DOOR HANDLES | CLEAN ...
Nov 25, 2016 - If you can't get them clean, you can always paint yellowed refrigerator handles. You can also try saving them with some hydrogen peroxide and a little sunlight.
NOVEMBER 15 HOLIDAY - CLEAN OUT YOUR REFRIGERATOR DAY AT ...
We've all run across items in the refrigerator that once were tasty food, But, now, they are some dried out, mold covered nasty, that you remove and dispose of at arms length. Who wins the prize for the worst refrigerator surprises? Most often, it's workplace refrigerators. Use this day to clean out your refrigerator, top to bottom.