FRIED DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD ...
Crunchy and creamy join forces to make an upgraded deviled egg that will upend your usual backyard BBQ fare. Fried hard-boiled egg whites are filled with a tangy egg yolk filling: think Scotch egg (a soft-boiled egg encased in sausage and then breaded and deep-fried) meets deviled egg. It's an addictive mashup with the perfect spicy touch, thanks to pickled jalapeno.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield 20 deviled eggs
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and gently lower 10 of the eggs into the water. Set a timer for 12 minutes. Bring back to a boil, then reduce the heat to a vigorous simmer. When the timer goes off, drain and immediately place the eggs in a bowl of ice water. Let sit for 10 minutes. Peel the eggs, cut them in half and separate the whites from the yolks.
- Transfer the yolks to a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mash with a whisk until combined, then whisk vigorously to smooth out any big lumps. Transfer the yolk mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill a large heavy-bottomed pot with 2 inches of oil, attach a deep-frying thermometer and heat to 350 degrees F. Put the flour on a plate and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Crack the remaining 2 eggs into a shallow dish and beat lightly with 1/4 cup water. Put the panko on another plate. Line a third plate with paper towels.
- Roll the egg whites first in the flour, then dip in the egg wash and coat in the panko. Fry in 2 batches, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on the paper towel-lined plate round-side up and sprinkle with salt while hot.
- Turn the egg whites over, fill with the yolk mixture and top with the paprika and jalapenos. (The fried eggs can be filled and served anywhere from warm to room temperature.)
AWESOME EGG ROLLS RECIPE - DEEP-FRIED.FOOD.COM
I love this recipe because it is so easy to make and it has converted a bunch of my friends into cabbage lovers!! They can't wait to have these when I make them! Enjoy!
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 20-24 egg rolls, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Fry the ground beef with the salt and pepper and garlic powder until the meat is completely browned.
- Make sure to add a lot of the salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- This needs to have a strong flavor because you'll be frying it with other ingredients.
- Don't put so much in that you can't eat it, but you want to really taste it.
- Once you are done getting the flavor right, get a LARGE bowl and put the shredded cabbage and carrots in it and then add the ground beef on top.
- Mix together completely and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- I do that so the mixture will soften and I can roll them more easily.
- Check the mixture after it sits to make sure the flavor is still there and really stands out.
- If not, add more of the salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- It's really up to your taste buds, but this is what I've done and I get RAVE reviews.
- Heat up your oil for frying in a deep fryer.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for how much oil to add, but always make sure you don't fill it to the top so you don't get hurt.
- I usually only fill about half of the fryer.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl to make a wash for sealing the egg roll wraps.
- Take a wrap and put about 1-2 teaspoons of the meat mixture onto the wrap.
- Wrap the roll as shown on the package, remembering to seal with the egg wash.
- I try to wrap my rolls tightly, but I don't always do that so well.
- Once you are done wrapping, place the egg rolls carefully into the oil about 2-3 at a time.
- Cook them until they are blond in color.
- Don't let them get too dark.
- Take them out and let drain on paper towels.
- You're done! I serve mine with Grey Poupon for dipping. yummy!
- Others might enjoy soy sauce! These also freeze very well, that is of course, if you have any left! I make a bunch for myself and have them for lunch.
- Just pop them in the microwave for about 1 minute, and you're done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.8, FatContent 7.4, SaturatedFatContent 2.8, CholesterolContent 49.4, SodiumContent 60.8, CarbohydrateContent 3.3, FiberContent 1, SugarContent 1.6, ProteinContent 9.4
More about "deep fried egg recipes"
BASIC DEEP FRIED EGG FOO YUNG RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
Calories 414 per serving
- 1. Follow steps 1 and 2 of "Basic Pan-Fried Egg Foo Yung". (You may, if you wish, not beat the Large eggs first but stir them in with the meat and vegetables till well mixed.) 2. Heat oil till it foams (it should be about 2-1/2 inches deep). Carefully drop egg mix into oil with a ladle, tipping the ladle to release the omelets. (For a 3-inch omelet, allow 1/2 c. of egg mix; for a smaller one, 1/4 c..) 3. Let omelet rise to the top (this will take about 2 min). Baste with warm oil to brown. Then flip omelet over, using a spoon and spatula, or possibly 2 spoons, and baste to brown the other side. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling. Keep hot. 4. Repeat process till egg mix is used up. Serve omelets either plain, sprinkled lightly with soy sauce, or possibly with "Egg Foo Yung Sauce #1/#2"). VARIATIONS: See the variations for "Basic Pan-fried Egg Foo Yung".
DEEP-FRIED EGGS • DELICIOUS FROM SCRATCH
DEEP FRIED SOFT BOILED EGGS - LETSCOOKFUSION.COM
DEEP-FRIED DEVILED EGGS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CRISPY DEEP FRIED EGGS - EASY MEALS WITH VIDEO RECIPES BY ...
HOW TO MAKE DEEP FRIED EGGS: 9 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
HOW TO MAKE DEEP FRIED EGGS - YOUTUBE
DEEP FRIED SCOTCH EGGS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE DEEP FRIED ...
DEEP-FRIED SOUS VIDE EGG YOLKS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
DEEP FRIED HARD BOILED EGGS - THE FOREIGN FORK
DEEP-FRIED EGG ROLLS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SCOTCH EGGS ~ DEEP-FRIED, SAUSAGE-COVERED HARD BOILED EGGS ...
EGG TEMPURA (DEEP FRIED 5-MINUTE EGG) - TINY URBAN KITCHEN
DEEP FRIED MAIN DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THIS FRIED DEVILED EGGS RECIPE IS A TWIST ON A SOUTHERN ...
DEEP FRIED EGG ROLL RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
HOW TO MAKE DEEP FRIED SCOTCH EGGS - DIY JOY