CHORIZO & POTATO HASH RECIPE | JAMIE MAGAZINE RECIPES
Total Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic, chop the chorizo, dice up the cooked potato and pick and finely chop the parsley.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in a little oil in an ovenproof pan until the onion is soft. Add the chorizo and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes more, then crack the eggs on top.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes, or until the egg white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper and the parsley, to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491 calories, FatContent 25.2 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 8.7 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 26.4 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 42.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 8.1 g sugar, SodiumContent 2.6 g salt, FiberContent 5.7 g fibre
CHORIZO, PORK BELLY & CHICKPEA CASSEROLE RECIPE | BBC GOOD ...
A Spanish-influenced stew with slow-cooked belly pork, a cheap cut with great flavour and soft texture
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Main course
Total Time 2 hours 50 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours 30 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 16
- 1 Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Heat the oil in a casserole dish with a lid and spend a good 10 mins browning the pork on all sides. If your casserole dish isn’t wide enough to fit the pork in a single layer then brown it in batches. Scoop the pork out and set aside then add the chorizo and sizzle for a minute. Add the vegetables, fennel seeds, chilli flakes, garlic and herbs and cook for about 5 mins until the vegetables are soft and just starting to colour. Sprinkle over the sugar and stir in the tomato purée then splash in the vinegar and bubble for a moment. Tip in the tomatoes and a can of water. Stir the pork and juices into the sauce, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the dish with a lid and place in the oven for 1 hr 45 mins, checking occasionally and if the sauce becomes too thick add a splash more water. Remove the pan from the oven and stir in the chickpeas and return to the oven for 15 mins. Remove again and leave to cool slightly so it’s not scorching hot then stir through the parsley. Taste for seasoning and serve with crusty bread or boiled potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 680 calories, FatContent 45.2 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 15.7 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 22.6 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 9.4 grams sugar, FiberContent 4.4 grams fiber, ProteinContent 43.5 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.3 milligram of sodium
More about "chorizo pork recipe recipes"
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Total Time 50 minutes
Calories 494 calories per serving
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
- Put a lug of oil into a large lidded shallow casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Deseed and chop the pepper, then add to the pan for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour.
- Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in and from the inside out, and adding a splash of water if needed.
- Stir in the peas and prawns, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through.
- Season to perfection, then chop the parsley leaves, scatter them over the paella, and serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.
CHICKEN CHORIZO RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Total Time 2 hours
Cuisine https://schema.org/LowLactoseDiet, https://schema.org/GlutenFreeDiet
Calories 590 calories per serving
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Peel and finely chop the onion, peel and finely grate the garlic and deseed and roughly chop the pepper. Pick the parsley leaves and put aside, then finely chop the stalks. Roughly chop the chorizo.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in an ovenproof casserole pan on a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, garlic, pepper, parsley stalks, chorizo and paprika. Cook for around 5 minutes, or until starting to soften, stirring regularly.
- Add the rice, then stir everything around until the rice is coated in all the lovely flavoured oil. Pour in the passata and stock, then add the zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- Submerge the chicken in the sauce, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Scrunch up a wet piece of greaseproof paper, then open it out and place on top of the bubbling dish. Put a tight fitting lid on top, then place in the oven to cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through. Loosen with a splash of boiling water, if needed.
- Finely chop the parsley leaves, then sprinkle over the top. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges for squeezing over. Delicious served with a crisp green salad.
MEXICAN CHORIZO AND CORN SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 50 minutes
Cuisine North America, Mexican
Calories 269 calories per serving
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble chorizo over medium heat until cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove chorizo to paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan., In drippings, saute onion and the red and poblano peppers over medium heat until tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; cook and stir 3 minutes. Gradually stir in broth., Add potatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes. Stir in sour cream and chorizo; heat through. If desired, serve with cheese and cilantro.
20+ BEST CHORIZO RECIPE IDEAS | WHAT TO MAKE WITH CHORIZO ...
HOMEMADE CHORIZO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CHORIZO RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CHEESE-STUFFED PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
TAMALES DE PUERCO (RED PORK TAMALES) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CARNITAS RECIPE (MEXICAN PULLED PORK) - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
PORK AND CHORIZO MEATBALLS WITH SPAGHETTI RECIPE
CHORIZO BURGER RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHORIZO STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES