CHICKEN POT PIE II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is a very hearty and flavorful pot pie!!
Provided by CORWYNN DARKHOLME
Categories Meat and Poultry Chicken Breast
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the chicken meat, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken and let cool. Pour the remaining chicken broth mixture into a measuring cup. Let stand; spoon off fat. Add enough milk to the broth mixture to equal 2 1/2 cups. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In the same pan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Saute, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and boils. Add the chicken, vegetables, parsley and thyme. Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart deep casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Roll out pastry 1 inch larger than the diameter of the casserole dish on a lightly floured surface. Cut slits in the pastry for venting air. Place pastry on top of casserole. Roll edges and cut away extra pastry; flute edges by pinching together. Reroll scraps to cut into decorative designs. Place on top of pastry. Brush pastry with beaten egg and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 665.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 47.8 g, CholesterolContent 176.8 mg, FatContent 29.5 g, FiberContent 6.2 g, ProteinContent 51.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.4 g, SodiumContent 1055.9 mg, SugarContent 6.4 g
CHICKEN POT PIE III RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
A hot hearty chicken pot pie that is easy to fix.
Provided by Leslie Brown
Categories Main Dishes Savory Pie Recipes Pot Pie Recipes Chicken Pot Pie Recipes
Yield 1 pie
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 9 inch pie dish with pastry.
- Blanch frozen mixed vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Dice chicken and place in a large bowl. Add vegetables, thyme, celery soup and potato soup. Stir together.
- Pour filling into pastry lined pie dish. Arrange top layer of pie crust, seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust to allow for steam to escape.
- Place pie on cookie sheet. Put aluminum foil around the pie crust edges. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes and then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32 g, CholesterolContent 24.2 mg, FatContent 18.7 g, FiberContent 4.1 g, ProteinContent 12.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.9 g, SodiumContent 657.2 mg, SugarContent 0.6 g
More about "chicken pot pie with rice recipes"
BETTER-THAN-TAKEOUT CHICKEN FRIED RICE – INSTANT POT RECIPES
Total Time 30 minutes
- Serve warm with sliced green onions and additional sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS | I HEART RECIPES
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPES TO SATISFY YOUR COMFORT FOOD ...
INSTANT POT FROZEN CHICKEN RECIPES