HAM AND CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Make and share this Ham and Cabbage Soup recipe from Food.com.
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Add broth, ham, cabbage, potatoes, onion, carrot, bay leaf and parsley to a soup pot, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn and cream, simmer uncovered until corn is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and ladle into soup bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 755, FatContent 34.6, SaturatedFatContent 15.3, CholesterolContent 146.1, SodiumContent 1668.7, CarbohydrateContent 68.7, FiberContent 9.9, SugarContent 9.3, ProteinContent 46.4
HAM AND CABBAGE SOUP - INSPIRED TASTE
This easy cabbage soup recipe is hearty, healthy, easy to make, and tastes fantastic. Before adding to the soup, taste your ham to see how salty it is. Depending on the salt level, you may not need to add any additional salt to the soup. Taste and adjust the seasoning of the soup a few times during cooking.
Provided by Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield Makes about 8 cups of soup or 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a stockpot pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and the ham. Cook, stirring every once and a while until the vegetables have softened and the onions are translucent; 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, black pepper, and the red pepper flakes. Cook, while stirring, for one minute. Stir in the cabbage, and then pour in the canned tomatoes and their juices as well as the stock. Add the bay leaves.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and bring the soup to a boil. Taste then adjust with salt. The ham does add some salt to the soup so you may not need a lot of additional seasoning.
- Partially cover the pot with a lid, and then reduce the heat to maintain a low simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the cabbage, and other vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and remove the bay leaves. Stir in the lemon slices and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Taste and season with more salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize About 1 cup, Calories 157, FatContent 7.8g, SaturatedFatContent 1.5g, CholesterolContent 12mg, SodiumContent 436.4mg, CarbohydrateContent 13.7g, FiberContent 4.2g, SugarContent 5.1g, ProteinContent 11.1g
More about "cabbage ham soup recipes"
HAM & CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE | YUMMLY
Total Time 1 hours
- *To make ham broth, combine 2 smoked ham hocks, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, 1 onion (quartered), 2 bay leaves, 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns and 4 quarts water in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil over low heat, reduce to a very gentle simmer, cover and cook until the meat falls off the ham hocks, 3 to 4 hours. Strain the broth and add salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 3 quarts.
CREAMY CABBAGE & HAM SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 55 minutes
Calories 272 per serving
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
CREAMED CABBAGE AND HAM SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 50 minutes
Calories 262 calories per serving
- In a Dutch oven, combine broth and vegetables. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. , In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour. Gradually add milk and cream; cook and stir until thickened. Stir into vegetable mixture. Add ham, salt, pepper and thyme; heat through. Garnish with parsley.
HAM AND CABBAGE SOUP | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Category Other Soups
- Then add the ham and cook an additional 10 minutes. Serve with pumpernickel or dark rye bread. Enjoy.
LEFTOVER HAM BONE SOUP WITH POTATOES AND CABBAGE
Total Time 40 minutes
Category Dinner, Soup
Calories 124 kcal per serving
- Follow the same directions as above in a large pot or Dutch oven, cook covered low 1 hour adding the cabbage during the last 10 to 15 minutes. Cook until the cabbage and vegetables are tender.
10 BEST HAM CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
HEARTY CABBAGE AND HAM SOUP | ALLRECIPES
HAM HOCK AND CABBAGE SOUP | EMERILS.COM
HAM AND CABBAGE SOUP - AN EASY SOUP TO MAKE WITH LEFTOVER ...
HAM, POTATO & CABBAGE SOUP - SWANSON
HAM HOCK AND CABBAGE SOUP | EMERILS.COM
HAM AND CABBAGE SOUP - EASY SOUP READY IN 45 MINUTES
DEEP SOUTH DISH: HAM AND CABBAGE SOUP
HAM AND CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE - GIMME SOME OVEN
HAM BEAN AND CABBAGE SOUP - ANDIANNE
CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
CABBAGE HAM BONE SOUP - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
OLD FASHIONED HAM AND CABBAGE SOUP - RECIPE BY BLACKBERRY BABE
HAM AND CABBAGE SOUP - CHINESE GRANDMA
HAM, POTATO AND CABBAGE SOUP - MAPLE LEAF