WHITE TEXAS SHEET CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This cake is good to make a day ahead, and is very popular at pot-lucks.
Provided by Diane Kester
Categories Desserts Cakes White Cake Recipes
Total Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 1 10x15-inch sheet cake
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup butter and water to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, 1 teaspoon almond extract, salt, and baking soda until smooth. Pour batter into a greased 10x15-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and tests done. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Mix in sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Stir in pecans. Spread frosting over warm cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 48.1 g, CholesterolContent 48.3 mg, FatContent 16.7 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 2.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.4 g, SodiumContent 192.8 mg, SugarContent 39.1 g
CRANBERRY-ALMOND POUND CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
When you want an extra-special dessert for the holidays, it’s hard to beat a seasonal homemade cake. I like to drizzle mine with a simple but elegant glaze flavored with amaretto. —Jackie Howell, Tucson, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a small saucepan, combine dried cranberries and amaretto. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool., In a large bowl, beat almond paste, half of the butter, and 1/4 cup sugar until well blended. Add remaining butter and remaining sugar; cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in almond extract., Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in fresh cranberries and dried cranberry mixture. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan., Bake at 325° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely., Combine glaze ingredients; beat until smooth. Drizzle over cake. If desired, top with sugared cranberries and sliced almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 465 calories, FatContent 20g fat (11g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 108mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 187mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 66g carbohydrate (46g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 6g protein.
More about "almond sheet cake recipe recipes"
WHITE TEXAS SHEET CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 409 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan., In a large bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine butter and water; bring just to a boil. Stir into flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream and extract until blended; add to flour mixture, whisking constantly., Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes. , For frosting, combine butter and milk in a large saucepan; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; gradually stir in confectioners' sugar and extract. Stir in walnuts. Spread over warm cake.
ALMOND CAKE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
Calories 661 per serving
- Divide batter between prepared pans and spread evenly. Bake about 40 minutes to an hour, until tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed and cakes shrink from sides of the pans. Cool in pans on wire rack. Remove sides of pans and remove paper. When ready to serve, sift confectioners’ sugar on top and slice like pie.
SWEDISH ALMOND CAKE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
- Return the cake to the oven, and bake for an additional 15 minutes (total baking time is about 50 minutes) or until the topping, which will bubble and seethe, is a beautiful golden brown and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer the baking sheet to a rack, and cool for 5 minutes. Carefully work a table knife between the side of the pan and the cake, gently pushing the cake away from the side (it’s a delicate job because the sticky topping isn’t yet set). Remove the sides of the pan, and let the cake come to room temperature on the base. When you’re ready to serve, lift the cake off the springform base and onto a platter.
34 PARTY-PERFECT SHEET CAKE RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
ALMOND CAKE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
LOW CARB KETO SUGAR-FREE CARROT CAKE RECIPE WITH ALMOND FLOUR
ALMOND AND ORANGE BLOSSOM CAKE | NIGELLA'S RECIPES ...
ALMOND BISCOTTI RECIPE | AUTHENTIC ~ TRADITIONAL ~ CLASSIC