EASY BAGEL RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Make perfect, chewy bagels with our easy step-by-step guide. This homemade bread recipe calls for simple ingredients, a little patience and some basic kneading
Provided by Janine Ratcliffe
Categories Baking and desserts
Total Time 1 hours
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pour 300ml warm water into a large bowl and stir in 2 tsp salt, the sugar, yeast, oil and half the flour. Keep adding the remaining flour, mixing with your hands or in a mixer with a dough hook until you have a soft, pliable dough. Knead for 10 minutes until the dough feels smooth and elastic and a finger indent pressed into it pops out quickly. Shape into a ball and put in a cleaned, lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place until doubled in size, or put in the fridge to prove slowly overnight.
- Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 10, each about 85g. Start to shape each piece by pulling it down and tucking under to form a rough ball.
- Cup your hand over and move your hand and the dough around in a circular motion to further shape the ball.
- Take a wooden spoon and use the handle to make a hole in the middle of each ball.
- Slip the end of the spoon into the hole, then twirl the bagel around the spoon to make a hole about 3cm wide – it needs to be this wide as it will shrink as the dough expands again. Cover loosely with clingfilm while you shape the rest.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and tip in the bicarb of soda – it will fizz madly. Slip the bagels into the boiling water – no more than four at a time. Cook for 1 minute, turning over in the water until the bagels have puffed slightly and a skin has formed – if you cook them for longer they will get chewier and look a bit bobbly after baking. Remove with a flat slotted spoon and drain away any excess water. Put on an oiled baking tray.
- Glaze with the egg and add any toppings you like. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden and crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, FatContent 3 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 0 gram saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 41 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 0 gram sugar, FiberContent 1 grams fibre, ProteinContent 7 grams protein, SodiumContent 1000 milligrams of sodium
TUSCAN PORK ROAST WITH HERBED SALT | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
This recipe is based on herbs...rosemary and sage, although you can also use thyme and oregano...and a little garlic and salt. You'll need a long handled wooden spoon to bore a hole through the center of the roast which is then filled with the herbed salt and stuffed and either end with a branch of rosemary. My mom used to cook her pork roast this way. Dad loved it!
Provided by Lynnda Cloutier @eatygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pat the pork loin thoroughly dry with paper towels. Using a long handled wooden spoon, pierce a hole lengthwise through the center of the roast. Using your fingers and the wooden spoon handle, stuff 3 Tbsp. of the herbed salt into the hole. Insert a rosemary branch in each end of the hole. Mix remaining 1 Tbsp. herbed salt with 1 1/2 tsp. coarse salt and rub it all over the roast. Cover with pancetta and top with remaining 2 rosemary branches. Tie the roast and 1 inc intervals to give it a neat shape.
- Transfer to a platter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Let come to room temperature before cooking, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450. Set rack of rib bones in a large roasting pan. Unwrap the roast, pat it dry and rub it with the olive oil. Put the roast on the rack and roast for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from oven,turn the roast over (don't worry if you can't turn it over. Don't bother. It will be fine with no turning)and baste it with a few tablespoons of the wine.
- Return roast to oven, reduce temperature to 350 and cook for about 1 1/2 hours, turning roast and basting it with wine every 20 minutes. reserve 1/2 cup of the wine for the sauce. The roast is done when an instant read thermometer inserted in center reads 145 degrees.
- Transfer roast and rack to a platter and pour the pan juices into a glass measuring cup. Skim off as much fat as possible. Set roasting pan over two burners at medium heat. When it starts to sizzle, add reserved 1/2 cup wine and cook for 2 minutes, scraping up drippings from bottom of pan.
- Pour pan juices into juices in the measuring cup and let fat rise to the surface. Skim off fat again and season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Remove strings and carve the roast into thin slices. Serve pork with warm pan sauce
- Tuscan Herbed Salt: 1 garlic clove 1 Tbsp. sea salt 30 fresh sage leaves Chop garlic with the salt. Chip herbs together, then chop again with the salt Use the salt right away or let it dry out and store for up to 1 month in an airtight container at room temperature. The salt is a delicious seasoning for pork, veal or vegetables such as potatoes or green beans.
More about "wooden spoon with hole in center recipes"
EGG AND SAUSAGE EMPANADAS - DELISH.COM
Total Time 50 minutes
Category breakfast, eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add sausage and oil. Cook, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon into small bits, until sausage is cooked through and golden, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs to the skillet, and cook, stirring slowly, until eggs are just barely set, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly while preparing the dough. Unroll one piece of the pie dough. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut out 5 dough rounds. Repeat with second pie dough, then re-roll scraps from both to make 2 more rounds for 12 rounds total. Working with one round at a time, use a pastry brush or your fingers to gently brush the edge with the beaten egg. Place a heaping tablespoon of egg filling in center and top with a bit of cheese. Fold dough round in half to cover filling; press edge together to seal. Use a fork to crimp edges together. Repeat with remaining filling and dough. Lightly brush tops of empanadas with beaten egg and place evenly spaced on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
WHY DO SOME RECIPES CALL FOR A WOODEN SPOON ...
WHAT IS A WOODEN SPOON WITH A HOLE IN IT CALLED?
WHY THERE’S A HOLE IN THE CENTER OF YOUR SPAGHETTI SPOON ...
HERE'S THE REAL REASON THERE'S A HOLE IN YOUR SPAGHETTI SPOON
RECIPE DETAILS | SHURSAVE MARKETS
SPOON WITH HOLES | ETSY
AMAZON.COM: WOODEN SPOON HOLES
WHY THERE IS A HOLE IN WOODEN COOK SPOON? - QUORA
WOODEN SPOON WITH A LARGE, SINGLE HOLE - AT THE SHOPS ...
WOODEN SPOON COFFEE CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
23 DIFFERENT TYPES OF SPOONS WITH PICTURES & USES - HOMENISH
HOW TO MAKE INCREDIBLE HANUKKAH DOUGHNUTS JUST LIKE A PRO ...
5 BEST WOODEN SPOONS - JAN. 2022 - BESTREVIEWS
PORK PIE RECIPE JAMIE OLIVER - DELICIOUS RECIPES
OLD WOODEN SPOONS IN ANTIQUE PRIMITIVES FOR SALE | EBAY
COCONUT MACAROON WREATH COOKIES | IMPERIAL SUGAR
RASPBERRY THUMBPRINT COOKIES - BUTTER YOUR BISCUIT
CRANBERRY APRICOT STUFFED PORK LOIN WITH CRANBERRY PAN ...
MEATBALL SUB BOWLS AND OTHER CHEFCLUB US RECIPES ORIGINAL ...