MILLIONAIRE’S ICE CREAM BOMBE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
This spectacular Christmas showstopper is covered in crunchy Maltesers and makes for an enticing alternative pudding to end your festive feast
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Dessert, Treat
Total Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 1 hours 15 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Line a 1.2-litre pudding bowl with a double layer of cling film, leaving plenty overhanging, and make a space for the bowl in the freezer. Put the biscuits in a food processor and blitz until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the butter and 2 tbsp caramel, and blend until well mixed. Save about 3 tbsp for the top and tip the rest into the lined pudding bowl. Use the back of a spoon to press evenly over the base and up the sides of the bowl. Freeze for 30 mins.
- Remove the chocolate ice cream from the freezer and allow it to soften at room temperature for 10 mins. Remove the pudding bowl from the freezer too (the biscuits should be firm by now.) Spoon the ice cream into the biscuit- lined bowl, packing it into the base. Spoon over the remaining caramel, spreading it to the biscuit walls. Return to the freezer for 30 mins.
- Remove the caramel ice cream and allow it to soften for 10 mins. Meanwhile, tip 75g Maltesers into a bowl and lighty crush with the end of a rolling pin, leaving some chunky bits. Add the ice cream to the bowl and stir through the Malteser pieces – work quickly so the ice cream doesn’t melt too much. Remove the pudding bowl from the freezer and tip in the Malteser ice cream, spreading it to completely fill the bowl, then level the top. Scatter with the remaining biscuit crumbs. Return to the freezer for at least 4 hrs (or for up to 2 weeks).
- Put the cream in a pan and heat until steaming hot but not boiling. Put the chocolate in a large bowl and pour over the cream. Leave to stand for 1-2 mins, then stir to make a smooth ganache. Set aside to cool until the sauce thickens to a spreadable consistency (you can speed this up by putting it in the fridge, but remember to stir it every 5-10 mins or it will set around the edges).
- Remove the pudding bowl from the freezer. Turn it onto a plate and remove the bowl and cling film. Spread half the chocolate ganache all over the pudding and, as quickly as you can, stick the remaining Maltesers all over the surface – this is easiest if you start around the bottom and work your way up in layers. The chocolate ganache will start to set, so use a little more from the bowl to make the Maltesers stick. Once covered, return to the freezer for at least a further 4 hrs (or for up to 3 days), removing it 10 mins before serving. Top with a dusting of icing sugar and a sprig of holly, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 648 calories, FatContent 39 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 23 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 64 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 46 grams sugar, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 8 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.6 milligram of sodium
VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM - THE PIONEER WOMAN – RECIPES ...
- Heat half-and-half and 2 cups sugar in a saucepan over low heat, adding vanilla “caviar” to the mixture. (You can also drop in the scraped vanilla bean, just to extract all the flavor. Make sure to discard the bean before moving to the next step.) Turn off heat when mixture is totally heated. Beat egg yolks by hand or with an electric mixer until yolks are pale yellow and slightly thick. Temper the egg yolks by slowly drizzling into the 1 1/2 cups of hot half-and-half mixture, whisking constantly. After that, pour the egg yolk/half-and-half mixture into the pan containing the rest of the half-and-half mixture. Cook over low to medium-low heat (depending on how hot your stove gets) until quite thick, stirring constantly. Drain custard using a fine mesh strainer, then pour into a bowl with the heavy cream. Stir to combine.Chill mixture completely, then freeze in an ice cream maker until thick. Place container in freezer to harden for at least eight hours. Serve with something chocolate. Enjoy!
3 WAYS TO MAKE SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM - WIKIHOW
YES, YOU CAN MAKE SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM AT HOME | ALLRECIPES
MAKE SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM AT HOME (JUST LIKE THE ICE CREA…
MIX IT IN™ SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM MAKER - CUISINART.COM
AMAZON.COM: CUISINART ICE-45P1 MIX SERVE 1.5-QUART SOFT ...
SOFT SERVE VANILLA ICE CREAM WITH SPRINKLES AND WAFFLE ...
YONANAS CLASSIC ORIGINAL HEALTHY DESSERT FRUIT SOFT SERVE ...
SIX 5-MINUTE RECIPES FOR THE CUISINART ICE CREAM MAKER ...
VEGAN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
49 BEST ICE CREAM RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
49 BEST ICE CREAM RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
5-INGREDIENT COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM - MY DARLING VEGAN
ICE CREAM RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE GREAT TASTING ICE CREAM
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE ICE CREAM | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE ICE CREAM - WIKIHOW
TROUBLESHOOTING HOMEMADE ICE CREAM - DREAM SCOOPS
THE 10 BEST ICE CREAM MAKERS, TESTED BY EXPERTS
HOW TO FIX COMMON ICE CREAM MISTAKES - FOOD52
10 BEST CUISINART ICE CREAM RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE ICE CREAM WITHOUT AN ICE CREAM MAKER
THE BEST LOW CARB KETO ICE CREAM RECIPE (4 INGREDIENTS ...
FALOODA RECIPE | ROSE FALOODA DRINK WITH ICE CREAM ...
NEAPOLITAN ICE CREAM - WIKIPEDIA
KETO ICE CREAM- JUST 3 INGREDIENTS! - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
THE BEST (AND EASIEST) ICE CREAM YOU'LL EVER MAKE ...
VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE (NO EGGS) - CULINARY SHADES
ICE CREAM TRAILERS FOR SALE | ICE CREAM TRUCKS ...
BEST DIY FROZEN DOG TREATS - AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB